ARB Fridge/Freezer

Heholua

Thanks. If its a bother don't sweat it. I thought that's how it worked but wasn't sure.
Hmmm. So the ARB uses a dedicated plug with heavy gauge wires run straight to the battery but the Dometic uses a plain ole cigarette lighter? :thinking: If Dometic does in fact make the fridges for ARB, and I don't know that for a fact but it would make sense, wonder why the difference?

IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0023.JPG

Here are some pictures for you.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m installing my fridge plug tomorrow but haven’t yet decided on which side I will put it. Hope to buy an elements fridge in the not too distant future.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not yet. Looking real hard at the elements.
But may go with the classic 37 as the Elements only comes in 63 and I don’t really need the space. But I like the weatherproofness of the Elements
The 37 is nice I just feel like it’s too small. It has a place but not sure I would buy another. (Not that I need two 37’s anyway lol) out of my two, I prefer the 50.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have both the 50 and a 37 and while I love my 37 being that it fits everywhere, I'd rather carry my 50 being that it actually carries more. Being that this is going in the bed of a Gladiator and with a shell, I say go 50 :)

I thought about that, but then it also blocks the driver’s line of sight the most.

Did you order with the factory power hook ups? I did and for that reason will be installing the ARB power hookup on the opposite side.

Does anyone know if the ARB plug/wire kit is long enough to reach the back of the bed?

And at first I was like WTF they arnt that tall. But I forgot you installed a deck back there. 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you order with the factory power hook ups? I did and for that reason will be installing the ARB power hookup on the opposite side.

Does anyone know if the ARB plug/wire kit is long enough to reach the back of the bed?

And at first I was like WTF they arnt that tall. But I forgot you installed a deck back there. 👍
I'm pretty sure it won't be long enough to go all the way back to the rear corner of your bed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, for that distance, you'll probably want to use a heavier gauge wire than what the kit comes with.

Top Bottom