ARB Fridge/Freezer

Sounds like you've already decided. Here is a shot of the clearance on the drivers side. The front is touching the tailgate.

I did.... Thank you for the picture though! In the end, there wasn't a different fridge/freezer that was sized any better so I will have to figure something out or live with it on the passenger side.

Correction; a different sized one that I wanted....

MTG

Caught the Bug
I did.... Thank you for the picture though! In the end, there wasn't a different fridge/freezer that was sized any better so I will have to figure something out or live with it on the passenger side.

Correction; a different sized one that I wanted....

Passenger side is better, unless you install a trail table. :yup:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Howdy...

Going to buy one in the next week or so. Read through the whole thread. I note a number of folks installing in conjunction with a shelf or other storage component, install where a removed passenger seat would be, and so on. May have missed it, but no one mentioned the ARB sliding drawer/tray.

(Driving a ‘15 JKU) Curious if anyone’s installed the slider to their floor. Which side did you prefer, and why? Were you only able to use 3 of 4 corners? Looks like the rear-most right side corner may have a hard time finding something to secure to.

Last question for now... Anyone know if Northridge is still honoring the ‘wayalife’ discount code?

Thanks

Ddays

Hooked
Howdy...

Going to buy one in the next week or so. Read through the whole thread. I note a number of folks installing in conjunction with a shelf or other storage component, install where a removed passenger seat would be, and so on. May have missed it, but no one mentioned the ARB sliding drawer/tray.

(Driving a ‘15 JKU) Curious if anyone’s installed the slider to their floor. Which side did you prefer, and why? Were you only able to use 3 of 4 corners? Looks like the rear-most right side corner may have a hard time finding something to secure to.

Last question for now... Anyone know if Northridge is still honoring the ‘wayalife’ discount code?

Thanks

Here's another thread with lots of good info:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47004-ARB-Fridges

To answer your last N-word question: Fuck no! :cheesy:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Howdy...

Thanks

Northridge was dropped, as a forum vendor.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/32284-Northridge4x4-REMOVED-AS-A-VENDOR

Try one of our supporters, or look in the Wayalife store.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I think every vendor out there will run specials on the ARB fridges. If I were looking to buy one of these (and I am very soon) I'd send a PM to Bubba at Exodus to see what he can offer. He seems to be the most active vendor here. :twocents:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
...I'd send a PM to Bubba at Exodus to see what he can offer. He seems to be the most active vendor here.

Great suggestion. Just did.

Northridge was dropped, as a forum vendor.
Try one of our supporters, or look in the Wayalife store.

Just did. I seemed to recall reading about a dust-up with them at some point.

Here's another thread with lots of good info:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47004-ARB-Fridges

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

:)

uberc4

I run the my Fridge on the Driver side. I have seen a few people bolt the slide down to the floor. It just depends if you want to drill into your Jeep or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_BUB

I went with the Dometic as well and love it. I put it on a slide in a custom enclosure that I built and it works out well. I also installed another battery in the back and 100w solar, so I can dry camp almost indefinitely.

Attachments

• 2B59088D-9E3E-47B6-ACF2-37BC9897542A.jpg
    2B59088D-9E3E-47B6-ACF2-37BC9897542A.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 199

I-Eat-Mud

I went with the Dometic as well and love it. I put it on a slide in a custom enclosure that I built and it works out well. I also installed another battery in the back and 100w solar, so I can dry camp almost indefinitely.

That’s a cool ass setup! My Jeep is like polar opposite of a build, as I run topless most the year. Do you have some more pics of your setup?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Have a dometic slide on the drivers side bolted down to a black forest platform but then I also have a black forest slide on the passenger side with a cooler on it

Was coming back to this thread to comment on what I'd discovered and decided. See your comment's in line... After digging around for a while, discovered Black Forest's cargo baseplate. It mounts using the 4 JK tie-down anchors, so no drilling needed, easy to remove off-season if I wish. Going to plop ARB 50qt and slider on it.

Black Forest's baseplace assy is $199 on their site; $99 on Quadratec. Guess who got that order ;).

Looking forward to getting everything in place, installed, and tested before our 2 week trip to Colorado, in September. My wife's already planning how to stock it. We're also going to do a fair amount of manifold cooking, so having cold cuts stocked in the fridge, and not stopping at the gas station / grocery mart every 5 minutes is going to be nice.

Once I've got it installed and working, I'll share some pics.

:)

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Heres my set up 20180724_183513.jpg this is a black forest mount along with their slide on the passenger side with the cooler on it then a dometic slide on the drivers side with a 50 qt arb . What I did was get a yeti ice pack along with two other off brand ice packs .. the fridge is set down to 23 frozen meat and some cold cuts up in the tray area .. drinks and various other items in the cooler swap the ice packs out every 24 hrs to keep things cool .. got a goal zero 400 with a 50 watt solar panel.. so yea I'm good for 2-3 weeks food wise , then drinks I just add a few into the mix when I fuel up as needed

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked

Awesome Setup!!!!

Ddays

Hooked

Any chance you or anyone else out there running with the Dometic fridge could post up a pic showing how the cord plugs in to a power supply? Is it a cigarette lighter style plug? Also love to see your solar setup pieces!

Top Bottom