ARB Fridge/Freezer

Andy5160

Hooked
Test Update:
Bluetti died at around 54 hours mark which was around 11pm last night. That being said for two days 9-5 the jeep was on an open parking lot at 75F. Jeep is black. It was HOT inside. Fridge was set to 36F and kept it at that mark.
This morning i went outside and checked the fridge and everything in it was really cold considering battery died 11 hours earlier.
To answer jeeeep's question the whole Bluetti was cold during the 54 hours period, it has the fan inside but i did not hear it kick in once so i do believe it will hold up well during summer as i have no plans to remove the fridge from the jeep. Time will tell tough.
Over all i am pleased with the set up and hope it lasts a long time.
Now i have to see how fast i can get the Bluetti charged from the rear cigarettes' lighter plug. For the JL guys who may not know the cargo plug is wired to the battery so i purchased a plug with the switch to kill charging for the night. Wonder how complicated it is to convert from straight battery to an ignition only.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Test Update:
Bluetti died at around 54 hours mark which was around 11pm last night. That being said for two days 9-5 the jeep was on an open parking lot at 75F. Jeep is black. It was HOT inside. Fridge was set to 36F and kept it at that mark.
This morning i went outside and checked the fridge and everything in it was really cold considering battery died 11 hours earlier.
To answer jeeeep's question the whole Bluetti was cold during the 54 hours period, it has the fan inside but i did not hear it kick in once so i do believe it will hold up well during summer as i have no plans to remove the fridge from the jeep. Time will tell tough.
Now i have to see how fast i can get the Bluetti charged from the rear cigarettes' lighter plug. For the JL guys who may not know the cargo plug is wired to the battery so i purchased a plug with the switch to kill charging for the night. Wonder how complicated it is to convert from straight battery to an ignition only.
Longer than I would have thought. Thanks for posting it up

jeeeep

Hooked
Test Update:
that's good to know.
wonder if you could use a fuse tap to convert it to ignition.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thanks! I’ve been looking at that slide. It’s not inexpensive. Nice to see it installed in the configuration I was looking at. The hard part is I’m not sure I want that slide attached to my deck all of the time.

I may just get the decked tie down rails ($100) and call it a day. When I get to camp, I could just move the fridge to the tailgate or onto a table next to the Jeep.

Top Bottom