ARB Fridge/Freezer

Andy5160

Hooked
I've got a couple of Dometic, CFX 40W & CC40, the CC40 is smaller and great for keeping things cold.
I bought the CFX40 to replace the ARB 47 for the height and the enclosed tray on the ARB doesn't cool worth a shit.
The Dometic enclosed tray is on the opposite end of the ARB but it doesn't cool worth a shit either but I guess it's because on both, the enclosed tray is what covers the compressor.
I've thought about cutting the enclosed portions out so it allows more air flow and cooling.
I like the idea of a freeze plate and being removeable I wonder if it can keep other things frozen or at least very cool
All have been reliable. I find I use the CC40 more on the short trips.
appreciate your feedback.

jdofmemi

Food for thought on wiring things like this.
Heavy wire costs a lot, but cheap jumper cables are, well, cheap. You can buy a set and just cut the clamps off for a heavy paired wire, with extra tough insulation that will withstand the harsh environment better than regular wire.
I wouldn't recommend those to jump start anything bigger than a very small car, and they are better suited for lawn mowers and such, but they make great extension wires, way overkill.

WJCO

Meme King
Food for thought on wiring things like this.
Heavy wire costs a lot, but cheap jumper cables are, well, cheap. You can buy a set and just cut the clamps off for a heavy paired wire, with extra tough insulation that will withstand the harsh environment better than regular wire.
I wouldn't recommend those to jump start anything bigger than a very small car, and they are better suited for lawn mowers and such, but they make great extension wires, way overkill.
Exactly what I did.

Andy5160

Hooked
Does anyone know or owns Dometic CFX 3 55 IM. I really like to have an ice option so this is something that swaying me towards this model.

Please comment.

Thank you
After a lot of back and forth here on the forum and online in general i puled the trigger.
Dometic offers 5 years warranty. Three years all the parts. labor and freight. Two years compressor only i believe. Amazon was offering insurance for $60 no deductible full coverage for five years after factory warranty runs out. So it seems like i am covered for ten years !!!!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
After a lot of back and forth here on the forum and online on general i puled the trigger.
Dometic offers 5 years warranty. Three years all the parts. labor and freight. Two years compressor only i believe. Amazon was offering insurance for $60 no deductible full coverage for five years after factory warranty runs out. So it seems like i am covered for ten years !!!!
That's not bad. Congrats.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After a lot of back and forth here on the forum and online on general i puled the trigger.
That's awesome! Be sure to keep the box it came in. I had to send back my ARB to get serviced and had a hell of a time finding a box/packaging I could ship it in.

Andy5160

Hooked
That's awesome! Be sure to keep the box it came in. I had to send back my ARB to get serviced and had a hell of a time finding a box/packaging I could ship it in.
Thanks' Eddie. Good point.
Now i guess my question is which power bank to get. Dometic one for almost $900 is overkill for what it is. So i am looking into Jackery explorer 500 or Bluetti AC50S. Thoughts?

Andy5160

Hooked
So after some thought and YouTube videos i was sold on Bluetti AC50S. Then a few days ago i was blousing Bluetti site and noticed that they are about to release brand new model EB70. I am sure AC50S would have done a great job but having a bit more and hopefully better made me go for EB70.
Time will tell and i hope the decision was the right one. They also sell on Amazon and in about 30 minutes everything was sold out.

jeeeep

Hooked
looking forward to your test results.
wondering if it can stay plugged into the 12v outlet and cooler into the bluettie

jeeeep

Hooked
LiFePO4 supposedly it lasts longer then just a regular lithium battery. So yes it is lithium but enhanced somehow.
To make Adam happy it has lets say a blue pill in it
nonotubes! well, sort of.
I'm curious if it stays cooler than lithium under load as claimed for LifePO4
The one thing I've found with lithium, I can't leave it in the Jeep as the heat during summer causes the batteries to swell.
I've had 2 NOCO battery chargers replaced because the batteries would swell up in the heat to break the cases.
Now I have a bag I transport in and out of the house as a daily carry emergency tool bag.
I'm tempted to buy one and leave it in the Jeep to see how it does over the summer.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hmm. I haven’t put my Goal Zero in the Jeep in the sun. Maybe I’ll have to throw it in the backyard for a day and see if it expands.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hmm. I haven’t put my Goal Zero in the Jeep in the sun. Maybe I’ll have to throw it in the backyard for a day and see if it expands.
likely won't do anything in the yard for a day since it can cool.

I think under the seat in the Jeep all summer, somedays not driven or opened up for days at a time is what caused the NOCO's to fail.

Top Bottom