The Adventure and Build thread of "Big Red"

benatc1

Hooked
Got a few things done between yesterday and today, still have more to do as the 1/4 pounder took a good bit longer than expected but just glad it's all done.

Synergy tire tod and Draglink certainly made a difference in my steering so hopefully that'll buy me some time.

Still need to wire up light and rock lights after I install switch-pros, do rear diff cover and finish setting up CB bar and radio, hopefully my tire carrier shipped today or tomorrow and can get that done. IMG_20200920_115355.jpeg IMG_20200920_135809.jpeg IMG_20200920_144723.jpeg IMG_20200921_133857.jpeg IMG_20200921_133904.jpeg

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked

Got a few things done between yesterday and today, still have more to do as the 1/4 pounder took a good bit longer than expected but just glad it's all done.

Synergy tire tod and Draglink certainly made a difference in my steering so hopefully that'll buy me some time.

Still need to wire up light and rock lights after I install switch-pros, do rear diff cover and finish setting up CB bar and radio, hopefully my tire carrier shipped today or tomorrow and can get that done. View attachment 353440 View attachment 353441 View attachment 353442 View attachment 353443 View attachment 353444

Looking good. Q pounder is definitely time consuming install.
What do you think about diff covers?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked
Looks goood! When did the bull bar come out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I think pretty recently, wasn't sure I wanted to go full stinger right yet so this was perfect. Had to drill my only holes as the light didn't match up with the provided once but not a big deal
Looking good Ben. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks Doug!
Looking good. Q pounder is definitely time consuming install.
What do you think about diff covers?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE
It really is, lots of on and off. Between the spacers to fit winch, d ring mounts and bar, I didn't have enough bolt length so had to drop a spacer which makes the winch touch the grille and the bumper touch the sway bar motor so probably source some longer bolts if it bothers.

I'm pretty impressed with the covers. They are definitely stout and I like the ridges to help protect to lower bolts. Figured id swap them out when I had all the steering off, needed a fluid change anyway. I'd recommend them

Bullwinckle

Hooked

Looking good! Definitely like the look of the 1/4 pounder with the bull bar. [emoji106]

benatc1

Hooked
Looking good! Definitely like the look of the 1/4 pounder with the bull bar. [emoji106]
Thanks Ray, I'm definitely happy with the look
You made a ton of headway! Looks great

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Thanks man, I'm hoping to get my Switch-pros in this morning before heading to the golf course
Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you! Certainly getting there

JAGS

Hooked
Just catching up before work. You’ve been doing quite a bit. I’m having the problem as with my JK, can’t seem to 100% make up my mind which direction I want to go with everything. The more builds I see the more confused I get. Lol.

Red is looking good.

benatc1

Hooked
Just catching up before work. You’ve been doing quite a bit. I’m having the problem as with my JK, can’t seem to 100% make up my mind which direction I want to go with everything. The more builds I see the more confused I get. Lol.

Red is looking good.
Thanks man, yea trying to get a few things done. I know there are/were things I want, still some up in the air, well and I need more $ for some of them lol. Fortunately, I'm not in a huge rush to complete my build.

benatc1

Hooked
Slowly getting a few more things done, waiting on JL install kit for switch pros, should be here tomorrow. Got the Lux lights all ran. Doesn't really have a great spot to mount in the front with all the plastic on the inner fender but need to get a little creative or change some things up. Otherwise super easy, I got the pro installer, it's pretty nice but certainly not necessary. Does give you the option to have 2 zones, but I won't do that. Having it does create another thing you need to stash under the hood, which on a JL is tight.

Will finish running CB power wire when I run switch pros lead tommorow. Still waiting on my tire carrier to ship, haven't gotten a response from Rusty's yet, can compete the CB set up when I do all that.

Got the rear diff cover installed too. IMG_20200923_172542.jpeg IMG_20200923_171648.jpeg

Top Bottom