The Adventure and Build thread of "Big Red"

benatc1

Hooked
Switch-Pros installed, I forgot how nice these are. Easy running though and setting up with Eddie's mount and CB Bar. Really loving the set up and placement.

Decided to ditch the pro-installer for LUX lights, on a JL it's so hard to find space for it under the hood and actually made it harder to hide wires. Never the less everything is wired up and working. Few empty switch labels for future adding. Ill finish CB install when the tire carrier arrives. Still no word on that. IMG_20200924_142916.jpeg IMG_20200924_143846.jpeg

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Switch-Pros installed, I forgot how nice these are. Easy running though and setting up with Eddie's mount and CB Bar. Really loving the set up and placement.

Decided to ditch the pro-installer for LUX lights, on a JL it's so hard to find space for it under the hood and actually made it harder to hide wires. Never the less everything is wired up and working. Few empty switch labels for future adding. Ill finish CB install when the tire carrier arrives. Still no word on that. View attachment 353564 View attachment 353565

Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Progress! I agree on the pro kit, I think it’s easier to install it with out. I pulled all the front wires, still need to pull the rears. It takes awhile, but it’ll be worth it in the end.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

benatc1

Hooked
Progress! I agree on the pro kit, I think it’s easier to install it with out. I pulled all the front wires, still need to pull the rears. It takes awhile, but it’ll be worth it in the end.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Progress for sure, now need to start planning and saving for suspension and drivetrain upgrade. Wishing I didn't buy the pro kit, but whatever, it's actually a pretty nice junction box that I'm sure I can find use for in the future.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Progress for sure, now need to start planning and saving for suspension and drivetrain upgrade. Wishing I didn't buy the pro kit, but whatever, it's actually a pretty nice junction box that I'm sure I can find use for in the future.

Looks like it. Or if you don’t, put it up. I’m sure some would buy it off you

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Decided to ditch the pro-installer for LUX lights, on a JL it's so hard to find space for it under the hood and actually made it harder to hide wires. Never the less everything is wired up and working. Few empty switch labels for future adding. Ill finish CB install when the tire carrier arrives. Still no word on that.

Sweet!! Looking real good my friend! Bummer that the pro installer kit didn't work out.

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks man, I gotta call Rusty's tomorrow to see what's going on with the carrier. Sent an email yesterday, but still no word on anything even an order confirmation; But was charged on 9/7. Meant to call earlier but got caught up and forgot. So hopefully get that sorted out soon

Yes you have to call from my experience they are not email oriented

Andy5160

Hooked
[emoji106] make sure scrape off some powder coat from under the antenna bracket. I just tuned mine since SWR during tuning was in the red zone. After scraping it off I have 1 on channel one and 1.3 on channel fourth.

benatc1

Hooked
[emoji106] make sure scrape off some powder coat from under the antenna bracket. I just tuned mine since SWR during tuning was in the red zone. After scraping it off I have 1 on channel one and 1.3 on channel fourth.

Good pro tip, I got the ground cable eddie used as well, hopefully won't be chasing to many CB gremlins when the time comes. Thanks!

Andy5160

Hooked
Good pro tip, I got the ground cable eddie used as well, hopefully won't be chasing to many CB gremlins when the time comes. Thanks!

Yep I got the cable also but it did not ground until I scraped off some powder coating. I would also suggest to scrape powder coating around the bolt that will hold bottom hinge to the gate. The one you will attach one end of the ground cable to.

benatc1

Hooked
So I got my Rusty's carrier installed over the weekend, few tedious steps but overall not to bad, however now my gate rattles worse than it did with the stock carrier, seems to be on the latch side, can even see it wiggle on that side when you close the gate. I don't have any shims in the hinge side as I originally mixed up the install and put 2 in and couldnt even close the gate so was able to push them out without redoing the whole install.

My first thought is to go back and put one shim in to see if that helps, but that would basically require to take absolutely everything off. Curious if anyone has ran into this or if it's an issue on the latch? Gate seems to track well and close without resistance just can see it bounce when you actually close the gate fully and it sounds like it's going to fall off when you hit a bump

benatc1

Hooked
Fortunately was able to get the rattle to go away by adjusting this part of the latch, door closes nice now and it's quite over what bumps I hit. Here are a few pics of everything installed.

I may make a few adjustments on where the tire sits the more I drive it. Want to see if I can mount a couple flush lights in that fascia too, to replace the reverse lights I had rigged up. IMG_20201028_201953.jpeg IMG_20201028_201531.jpeg IMG_20201028_201535.jpeg IMG_20201028_201541.jpeg IMG_20201028_201544.jpeg IMG_20201028_201550.jpeg

Top Bottom