The Adventure and Build thread of "Big Red"

benatc1

Hooked
Man, you go through Jeeps! But, I have a feeling this one will be a keeper 👍🏻
Tell me about it, but I actually came out way ahead on this one for once, they've been hammering us to trade in as they were so low on inventory, so finally went down, got way over bluebook and a massive parts credit so that part made it easy at least. Nice to have a little leverage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Tell me about it, but I actually came out way ahead on this one for once, they've been hammering us to trade in as they were so low on inventory, so finally went down, got way over bluebook and a massive parts credit so that part made it easy at least. Nice to have a little leverage
That’s awesome! Was this Lithia?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it was, I know alot of people have had issues there and past time wasn't the best but I'll say they were awesome this time around
Very cool. I was one who had a bad experience with them but that was like 6 years ago. Glad to hear they’ve shaped up.

I love seeing so many people getting into the JT too. 👍🏻

wjtstudios

Hooked
The inventory issue is definitely working in you favor. My Dad traded in his JLU Sahara today for a New Ram 2500 and only lost 2 grand in two years and 20k miles. That’s just crazy how much they need the vehicles

benatc1

Hooked
The inventory issue is definitely working in you favor. My Dad traded in his JLU Sahara today for a New Ram 2500 and only lost 2 grand in two years and 20k miles. That’s just crazy how much they need the vehicles
It's really pretty great, the guy I was feeling with said they expect to see almost a halt in new cars in the coming months due to that chip shortage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's really pretty great, the guy I was feeling with said they expect to see almost a halt in new cars in the coming months due to that chip shortage
Yup, what you're hearing is right.

I wonder what kind of deal they would give me on my JL o_O

benatc1

Hooked
Did you get rid of the truck or you have three cars now?
Long story, but a few months ago the 3500 had a bad electrical issue running through it so had to swap it in and just got a 1500, which she's been driving, think I've maybe drove it twice, so I've been driving the JL and now this. Fortunately she's happy with a truck, this will be built as "Overlander" camping truck which I'll keep driving for work for a while.

Top Bottom