The Adventure and Build thread of "Big Red"

benatc1

Hooked
Gave big red a good wash and wax today. Also finally got these decals put on, I think Eddie sent them to me like 2 months ago? Lol better late than never I guess IMG_20200802_184712.jpeg IMG_20200802_184737.jpeg

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Finally getting a few things ordered up and ready for install. Eddie send the CB bar and Switch pros mount super fast, I installed the bar over the weekend and really like it. It sits up out of the way nice and is actually alot heavier than I expected so I know it's super solid. Going to be installing the CB , switch pros when everything on my list arrives but did a little test fit. Here is what I have coming

Rusty's Tire Carrier/rear Fascia
Evo 1/4 pounder with hoop
KC flex 10" light
Lux 8 rock lights & pro installer
Switch-pros
Synergy tie-rod
Synergy Draglink
All the stuff for CB install

Going to do a race radio too but I can't decide yet on a hand held (with a mount) or a true hard mount

Also, I'll probably run a hard line for air to my rear bumper area and throw on some heavy duty diff covers

My plan is to do some suspension upgrades this winter, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do just yet, the 2" rancho has honestly been great but I want a better ride off road and more travel, so need to balance some things out and see where I'm at.

IMG_20200913_125019.jpg IMG_20200913_112451.jpeg IMG_20200913_112416.jpeg

Trail Bud

Hooked

Hey Ben,
If you want I have 2 race radios that I can loan you to see if you like them.
I think you might want the cab radio. It’s has more power then the handhelds.
Let me know. Hope all is well.
Here’s a pic
IMG_6332.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Hey Ben,
If you want I have 2 race radios that I can loan you to see if you like them.
I think you might want the cab radio. It’s has more power then the handhelds.
Let me know. Hope all is well.
Here’s a pic
View attachment 353168

I'll actually take you up on that offer, be nice to check em out a bit before going to deep. I appreciate the offer man. Kinda had that feeling about the handheld vs mounted

Trail Bud

Hooked

I'll actually take you up on that offer, be nice to check em out a bit before going to deep. I appreciate the offer man. Kinda had that feeling about the handheld vs mounted

Cool!
Just beware the radios are computer assist programmed. We got ours programmed at King of the Hammers channels. You may hear law enforcement or other agencies.
Never really had a issue. Just wanted to make you aware. I do have program but it’s been years since I used it.

Just sent you a text.

benatc1

Hooked
Ok cool, I need to do more research on race radios to better understand, but I know there are communication rules and stuff like that.
Cool!
Just beware the radios are computer assist programmed. We got ours programmed at King of the Hammers channels. You may hear law enforcement or other agencies.
Never really had a issue. Just wanted to make you aware. I do have program but it’s been years since I used it.

Just sent you a text.

benatc1

Hooked
This is great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE
Hopefully my tire carrier will ship Monday/Tuesday and then I can get all the CB stuff set up too
Damn, you’re going to be busy this weekend

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Oh yeah, lots to do. Taking next week off of work too so hopefully I can get out and put some of it to work

benatc1

Hooked
New toys!
Cool.

Yea buddy, hopefully I'll have it all installed when I come see you this week. I'll text you tomorrow
I bet you can’t wait to get started! [emoji16] I’d be itching to install at least 1 thing
Tell me about it, worst part is in had a bunch of stuff pop up tomorrow that I need to tend to do looking like Sunday will be install day lol

Top Bottom