benatc1

Hooked
Looks great. Nice work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks!

Glad you got it sorted! Nothing worse that a rattle

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Tell me about it. Certainly wasn't happy when it rattled more after all that $ lol, but glad it's good now

I really like the simplicity of that rear bumper. We're running 35s with no spare tire bracket but it barely drags on the factory plastic bumper. I'm wondering if this Rustys bumper would solve that or if we'd have to get an adjustable bracket anyways.

Where did you mount your license plate?

It's super simple, basically just a Fascia. My short and 'helpful' answer would be maybe it would work lol. can get a side photo later so you can see the slant in the middle and even get some measurements if you need. It sits up pretty tight

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It's super simple, basically just a Fascia. My short and 'helpful' answer would be maybe it would work lol. can get a side photo later so you can see the slant in the middle and even get some measurements if you need. It sits up pretty tight

I would definitely appreciate that. Thanks. Also we have a Sport and I think even the factory bumper is different than the factory Rubicon bumper anyways.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately was able to get the rattle to go away by adjusting this part of the latch, door closes nice now and it's quite over what bumps I hit. Here are a few pics of everything installed.

I may make a few adjustments on where the tire sits the more I drive it. Want to see if I can mount a couple flush lights in that fascia too, to replace the reverse lights I had rigged up.

Lookin good! Tony has this setup and I was impressed with the quality of it when I saw it.

benatc1

Hooked
I would definitely appreciate that. Thanks. Also we have a Sport and I think even the factory bumper is different than the factory Rubicon bumper anyways.
I'll take a few measurements too and post em up, been running bumper less for over a year so can't even remember what it looked like lol.
Lookin good! Tony has this setup and I was impressed with the quality of it when I saw it.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it, don't know about their quality as a whole but these 2 products slate definitely well built and thought out. Hopefully it hold up well on the trail, assuming I ever get out there again lol

Ddays

Hooked
I threw one on our JL right before we went to Moab & Ouray this past August - I didn't want to risk the stock carrier with a 37 on it driving that far & doing what we did there. Figured better safe than sorry. So far so good with mine. I've been really pleased with it. I do have the shake when the gate is closed like you mentioned but honestly, unless the whole thing was made out of one piece of steel it's gonna have some movement with the various pieces being bolted together and such. Once the gate is closed however, it really doesn't move unless you hit a really hard bump but it's certainly not excessive.
I'm also impressed with their build quality. That bumper looks great too. Might have to look into one of those.

benatc1

Hooked
I threw one on our JL right before we went to Moab & Ouray this past August - I didn't want to risk the stock carrier with a 37 on it driving that far & doing what we did there. Figured better safe than sorry. So far so good with mine. I've been really pleased with it. I do have the shake when the gate is closed like you mentioned but honestly, unless the whole thing was made out of one piece of steel it's gonna have some movement with the various pieces being bolted together and such. Once the gate is closed however, it really doesn't move unless you hit a really hard bump but it's certainly not excessive.
I'm also impressed with their build quality. That bumper looks great too. Might have to look into one of those.

My rattle was pretty bad, I have a large speed bump on my neighborhood that when you'd hit it anything over 10mph the gate sounded like it was going to fall off. After adjusting that sliver striker, not only does the gate not budge when closing but I didn't hear a peep going over that bump at 30mph. Maybe something to tighten it up a touch for you even though it sounds like yours is pretty solid. I still want to take it down a wash board road and see but I'm very happy with it either way.

As far as the bumper I've been holding out for the EVO fascia one but it never came, and literally the day this one shipped Evo released theirs on their website. Won't be making any changes as the Evo is much more expensive and this one is pretty solid as is, certainly happy with it. Think it's called Rusty's xtreme stubby rest bumper on their website. Maybe I need to order some sliders so that the Evo weld ons will hit the market the same day?? Lol

Ddays

Hooked
My rattle was pretty bad, I have a large speed bump on my neighborhood that when you'd hit it anything over 10mph the gate sounded like it was going to fall off. After adjusting that sliver striker, not only does the gate not budge when closing but I didn't hear a peep going over that bump at 30mph. Maybe something to tighten it up a touch for you even though it sounds like yours is pretty solid. I still want to take it down a wash board road and see but I'm very happy with it either way.

As far as the bumper I've been holding out for the EVO fascia one but it never came, and literally the day this one shipped Evo released theirs on their website. Won't be making any changes as the Evo is much more expensive and this one is pretty solid as is, certainly happy with it. Think it's called Rusty's xtreme stubby rest bumper on their website. Maybe I need to order some sliders so that the Evo weld ons will hit the market the same day?? Lol

I forgot - I did take mine back off and use a shim because it was leaning down a little too much. I was really happy with how it held up on the roads out in Moab. Colorado was slow going so it really wasn't tested there much.

Lol, yeah, only three more weeks on the sliders! IDK, I seem to remember Bubba saying he was gonna make sliders & other accessories. I think he bought a tubing bender or something IIRC....

benatc1

Hooked
Here are a few pics WJCO, it slants pretty good. Top of the bumper is about an inch and a half below the gate and bottom of the slant is about 4 inches from the bottom of the gate IMG_20201029_155005.jpeg IMG_20201029_155010.jpeg IMG_20201029_155047.jpeg IMG_20201029_160649.jpeg IMG_20201029_155101.jpeg

Andy5160

Hooked
Doug, hello are you there ???

Glad you figured out the rattle and shit. I did not have any yet but hey I have stock wheel mounted.
I posted in one of my posts that I did the same adjustment to that thingie on the left. It worked great for me. The carrier solid big time.
Facia Rusty sells is really nice I would not replace it with anything else.
Here is how it looks on my Jeep. IMG_8998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I really like the simplicity of that rear bumper. We're running 35s with no spare tire bracket but it barely drags on the factory plastic bumper. I'm wondering if this Rustys bumper would solve that or if we'd have to get an adjustable bracket anyways.

Where did you mount your license plate?

Forgot to reply to this..License plate is on the center back up camera

Doug, hello are you there ???

Glad you figured out the rattle and shit. I did not have any yet but hey I have stock wheel mounted.
I posted in one of my posts that I did the same adjustment to that thingie on the left. It worked great for me. The carrier solid big time.
Facia Rusty sells is really nice I would not replace it with anything else.
Here is how it looks on my Jeep. View attachment 355243

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks good man, I'm happy with both as well, really well built and nice finish. I think I needed the adjustment from even before when I had the stock carrier, glad it's sorted out and was pretty easy.

benatc1

Hooked
Been a bit since I've made any updates here, have a few ideas in the works hopefully over the next few months and have a few questions

If going with evo bolt on coilovers, is it worth spending the extra for the ones with the compression adjusters, or no?

I saw those king hydro bumps for the rear that weld inside the frame hole, has any one run those or have any opinions on them? I will be planning to do the evo/king bumps on the front regardless of what suspension changes I make

I also want to put a smallish roof rack on the top that I can carry extra stuff for camping, ect. Don't necessarily want to spend an arm and a leg on it, but just trying to see what JL people have done out there. Not looking for a full on rack set up and don't plan on a RTT as of now so probably don't need crazy weight rating.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If going with evo bolt on coilovers, is it worth spending the extra for the ones with the compression adjusters, or no?

This is just my opinion but... no. I know they're all the rage but even Mel will tell you that the most you can do with them is set your compression from stiff to stiffer. There is no making it softer and so, it's kind of a waste. Set your compression and leave it.

I saw those king hydro bumps for the rear that weld inside the frame hole, has any one run those or have any opinions on them? I will be planning to do the evo/king bumps on the front regardless of what suspension changes I make

I don't have them on our JL and so far, I haven't felt a need for them the way I do with Moby. Not that I don't hit the bumps from time to time, it's just not that bad. On a Jeep like Moby where I can drive a LOT faster, they're needed.

I also want to put a smallish roof rack on the top that I can carry extra stuff for camping, ect. Don't necessarily want to spend an arm and a leg on it, but just trying to see what JL people have done out there. Not looking for a full on rack set up and don't plan on a RTT as of now so probably don't need crazy weight rating.

I might recommend you look into a set of cross bars that attach onto the rain gutters. From there, you can get a smaller basket mount it to them. The nice thing about this setup is that you can remove just the basket or all of it and in a lot less time then a full rack. They're typically a LOT lighter too.

benatc1

Hooked
This is just my opinion but... no. I know they're all the rage but even Mel will tell you that the most you can do with them is set your compression from stiff to stiffer. There is no making it softer and so, it's kind of a waste. Set your compression and leave it.
Good to know, I didn't think you had them, so basically id just dial it in with spring rates if I wanted to make a change. It's a pretty significant price difference too so I'll probably pass on those

I don't have them on our JL and so far, I haven't felt a need for them the way I do with Moby. Not that I don't hit the bumps from time to time, it's just not that bad. On a Jeep like Moby where I can drive a LOT faster, they're needed.
Ok cool, maybe something I'll consider down the road if I feel the need
I might recommend you look into a set of cross bars that attach onto the rain gutters. From there, you can get a smaller basket mount it to them. The nice thing about this setup is that you can remove just the basket or all of it and in a lot less time then a full rack. They're typically a LOT lighter too.
That's actually a pretty good idea, would be convenient to be able to pull it off nice and easily. I'll take as look at some options

Rst8rox

Jeep looks great man! Nothing worse then driving trying to figure out what the hell is making that damn sound lol. Never ending when owning a Jeep.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thule makes a nice set of rain channel mounted bars. They don’t even scratch the hardtop.

Now loading anything up thrre

Top Bottom