Having trouble getting parts?

jdofmemi

This makes me think of the saying "Money goes where it's treated best"

One administration was friendly to corporations, and gave incentives to keep/bring manufacturing in the US.
The other seems bent on punishing corporations, raising their taxes, and creating more labor rules that make it hard to employ people.

Hmmmm🤔. It's no surprise to me that this is happening, and the coming years will see more and more of this, reversing much of the trend of the recent few years.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And the Biden admin has fully empowered the UAW and other unions. So long as they have that control, companies will continue to move elsewhere. I can’t blame Ford; no effing way I would be put up with the UAW.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I’ve always heard the shelves are bare in communist countries. I hope this isn’t just the beginning.

Brute

Hooked
And the Biden admin has fully empowered the UAW and other unions. So long as they have that control, companies will continue to move elsewhere. I can’t blame Ford; no effing way I would be put up with the UAW.

My stepfather had a guitar and amp company he started back in the 50's...remind me one day when we have a drink together to tell you a story about when the Teamsters tried to organize his 500 employees...

jesse3638

Hooked
Who’s fault is that? Theirs or ours for trying to save a buck for the last forty years?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Needs go be a happy medium. Between taxes and greed companies are always pinching pennies.
My stepfather had a guitar and amp company he started back in the 50's...remind me one day when we have a drink together to tell you a story about when the Teamsters tried to organize his 500 employees...
That sounds good. I'd love go hear it.

I'm not a union man. They had their place but the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction. They seem to always protect the worthless employees and stifle the strong ones.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kuboske

China has done an excellent job of fucking up our economy with their Wuhan Flu. Our supply chain is totally in shambles. Mission accomplished methinks....:idontknow:

Yeah, I'd say you're right on this.

Bigger than that. Ask Kuboski....

Really....? I'm trying to stay out of "launch mode". I'd be happy to flip the safety off, and fire away... Metaphorically speaking... Brute.

Whoa! Wait! Didn't a couple of very prominent forum members, one, a moderator, preach... WE GOTTA GET RID OF TRUMP!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, IF TRUMP GETS RE-ELECTED!!!!?
Amazing.

Brute

Hooked
Really....? I'm trying to stay out of "launch mode". I'd be happy to flip the safety off, and fire away... Metaphorically speaking... Brute.

Whoa! Wait! Didn't a couple of very prominent forum members, one, a moderator, preach... WE GOTTA GET RID OF TRUMP!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, IF TRUMP GETS RE-ELECTED!!!!?
Amazing.

Actually.... all those pesky FBI, interviews are cutting in to my free time. Hehe.

I'm fairly certain you are on their radar...

Kuboske

Actually.... all those pesky FBI, interviews are cutting in to my free time. Hehe.

I'm fairly certain you are on their radar...
Probably. Sadly.
As a Christian, white, 61 year old, male, married to a woman, PROUD Constitutionalist, 1A, 2A, supporter, NRA member,....
That would pretty much make me, public enemy # 1, in the modern culture wars.

Kuboske

Another thing about our current economy, is, not only hard to get parts, but, inflation. My cousin started a manufacturing company a few years ago. He told me just last week, the cost of supplies are up 21%, since Biden's, swearing in. Also, the local airport raised fuel, both JetA, and Avgas, $1.00, about a week ago. Diesel is up about $.85, since swearing in, as well.
Most over the road trucks, burn 100+, gallons a day. That gets added on to EVERYTHING we buy.
Elections have consequences.

JKbrick

Another thing about our current economy, is, not only hard to get parts, but, inflation. My cousin started a manufacturing company a few years ago. He told me just last week, the cost of supplies are up 21%, since Biden's, swearing in. Also, the local airport raised fuel, both JetA, and Avgas, $1.00, about a week ago. Diesel is up about $.85, since swearing in, as well.
Most over the road trucks, burn 100+, gallons a day. That gets added on to EVERYTHING we buy.
Elections have consequences.

Especially when people only vote against a candidate not for a candidate, or for the “lesser of two evils”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailraider

my job has turned into damage control. I take more calls asking about backorder issues from Chrysler then I do actual parts orders. If you have the 3.6 oil cooler leak you're screwed. over 60,000 on backorder already and no manufacturer. its only been a month with out supply. no eta at all. so what ever you do don't wreck it doing an oil change. the list is endless for Chrysler backorders. They have now gone from backorder status straight to discontinues on several new model parts. Tell that to a customer with a 3 year old vehicle.

vehicle orders are a nightmare as well, sheet metal shortages that change option packages. Lack of electrical components.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
my job has turned into damage control. I take more calls asking about backorder issues from Chrysler then I do actual parts orders. If you have the 3.6 oil cooler leak you're screwed. over 60,000 on backorder already and no manufacturer. its only been a month with out supply. no eta at all. so what ever you do don't wreck it doing an oil change. the list is endless for Chrysler backorders. They have now gone from backorder status straight to discontinues on several new model parts. Tell that to a customer with a 3 year old vehicle.

Wow. That fucking blows. So what's the long term plan? Eventually find a different manufacturer?

Top Bottom