Having trouble getting parts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
my job has turned into damage control. I take more calls asking about backorder issues from Chrysler then I do actual parts orders. If you have the 3.6 oil cooler leak you're screwed. over 60,000 on backorder already and no manufacturer. its only been a month with out supply. no eta at all. so what ever you do don't wreck it doing an oil change. the list is endless for Chrysler backorders. They have now gone from backorder status straight to discontinues on several new model parts. Tell that to a customer with a 3 year old vehicle.

vehicle orders are a nightmare as well, sheet metal shortages that change option packages. Lack of electrical components.

Holy shit!! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
my job has turned into damage control. I take more calls asking about backorder issues from Chrysler then I do actual parts orders. If you have the 3.6 oil cooler leak you're screwed. over 60,000 on backorder already and no manufacturer. its only been a month with out supply. no eta at all. so what ever you do don't wreck it doing an oil change. the list is endless for Chrysler backorders. They have now gone from backorder status straight to discontinues on several new model parts. Tell that to a customer with a 3 year old vehicle.

vehicle orders are a nightmare as well, sheet metal shortages that change option packages. Lack of electrical components.
Yeah my last oil change I was on so careful in removing the filter cap. Now I may not drive it just to avoid having to one anytime soon...haha. Wait it's actually only moved once since the NY run in January. Don't worry I will never sell because I don't drive it like someone on here...haha.

Sent from my SM-G991U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jamesish

So if you need basic parts are shops just telling people to take your car back home? What is FCA doing for people with cars still under warranty and needing parts on back order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesish

https://www.lemonlaw.com/state-lemon-laws/

That site has info for each state.

Considering some of us have newer vehicles this is interesting. They must be allowed to repair a vehicle multiple times but if the part is on back order then technically the first repair hasn’t been tried yet.

But then you have the “30 days in the shop” factor and wonder if that includes waiting on parts.

I bet FCA has figured this out and their lawyers have figured out a way to weasel out of lemon laws. Part of me thinks we as consumers shouldn’t expect a refund or a totally new car on a fix that the dealership doesn’t have access to parts to. But then part of me thinks we’re being penalized for buying a new car and really having no options.

Needless to say I’m not making any alterations to the vehicle to give them leverage. I’ll just sit on the cash and when things get better explode like it’s December 1st.

trailraider

Wow. That fucking blows. So what's the long term plan? Eventually find a different manufacturer?

Not sure what they are doing, They pretty much have no answers when we call. Costing them a fortune in rentals I would suspect. I heard GM has quit production on low end vehicles and only producing the top o line stuff.

So if you need basic parts are shops just telling people to take your car back home? What is FCA doing for people with cars still under warranty and needing parts on back order?

Putting them in loaners or rentals for the time being,

Let me tell you a bit of my roller coaster of vehicle purchase a few days ago.
Back in January I ordered the JT fully loaded including a head liner and bed liner. Both of which were not installed upon arrival.
This caused a major hang up for me and the dealer scrambling to figure out what the hell happened.

After a couple hours they figured out FCA has a “constraint on parts”. The head liner and bed liner are items that cant even be selected right now. And somewhere along the lines they stopped being installed to vehicles that were already in production.
It’s on my order, but not on the build sheet. What a mess.

WJCO

Meme King
Let me tell you a bit of my roller coaster of vehicle purchase a few days ago.
Back in January I ordered the JT fully loaded including a head liner and bed liner. Both of which were not installed upon arrival.
This caused a major hang up for me and the dealer scrambling to figure out what the hell happened.

After a couple hours they figured out FCA has a “constraint on parts”. The head liner and bed liner are items that cant even be selected right now. And somewhere along the lines they stopped being installed to vehicles that were already in production.

Is the dealer going to compensate you with an aftermarket option like Linex or something? Being that you paid for it?

jesse3638

Hooked
Not sure what they are doing, They pretty much have no answers when we call. Costing them a fortune in rentals I would suspect. I heard GM has quit production on low end vehicles and only producing the top o line stuff.

Putting them in loaners or rentals for the time being,
I was at the dealership a few months ago for recall work. I over heard one of the service writers taking on the phone with a customer. His vehicle was in the shop for recall work and already taken apart. The service writer was explaining that the part was on 4-6 month back order and they authorized the loaner for the duration of the repair. That was crazy.
Is the dealer going to compensate you with an aftermarket option like Linex or something? Being that you paid for it?
Sharkey said his local Linex place used the last of what they had on his gladiator. That may not be an option right now either.

Supposedly I didn’t pay for it being it’s not on the final build sheet (window sticker).

But no, they said they’ll work with me but they won’t flip the whole bill.
Pretty pissed off about it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Supposedly I didn’t pay for it being it’s not on the final build sheet (window sticker).

But no, they said they’ll work with me but they won’t flip the whole bill.
Pretty pissed off about it.

They should at least offer some free oil changes for emotional distress...

trailraider

That was crazy.Sharkey said his local Linex place used the last of what they had on his gladiator. That may not be an option right now either.

We quit using Line-x years ago because of issues with the owner here, We switched to Tyro with far better customer service and spray quality, When Line-X here suffered the stoppage in product, Tyro picked up all the city dealers. Thank gawd we were the loyal ones as now we get priority for truck sprays. boo ya!!

trailraider

To add a note on this issue of parts shortage. I have a part ordered on Jan 9th 2020.... before Covid was an issue...... it still has no eta for release. this one is a head scratcher for sure. :hmm:

jesse3638

Hooked
To add a note on this issue of parts shortage. I have a part ordered on Jan 9th 2020.... before Covid was an issue...... it still has no eta for release. this one is a head scratcher for sure. :hmm:
Yeah we got a recall for a fuel pump solenoid or relay on our Durango. This came out at the end of 2019. They still don't have the parts available and we just received a recall for the recalled part's replacement part...haha.

jamesish

We don’t buy Jeeps for necessarily reliability haha. I smell another bailout if things don’t get better. The loaners due to repairs has to be hitting a sweet spot. But then again is FCA an American company and can be helped if need be?

jesse3638

Hooked
We don’t buy Jeeps for necessarily reliability haha. I smell another bailout if things don’t get better. The loaners due to repairs has to be hitting a sweet spot. But then again is FCA an American company and can be helped if need be?

It's French now isn't it? Stellantis

jdofmemi

Most of this bullshit seems to be a direct and building result of the gross overreaction to Covid.

All that shit is coming home to roost now, and this year if when people will start to realize how screwed we really are.

trailraider

Tires are going to be a major issue. So if you think you are going to need them, get them now. or you might be stuck running Patagonia tires.

Bullwinckle

Hooked

That’s interesting on the Bed liner and my dealer told me I had to get it because it came with a package... [emoji849] well if my JT don’t have it I guess I’ll get what I wanted but bummer if Line- x is out as well.

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Hey where are my damn half doors??? ;)

Top Bottom