Having trouble getting parts?

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
So I tried to buy new Warn JackHammer wheels for our new JT. Zero inventory globally. I called Warn’s Headquaters. They told me they will not have any inventory until June. Then they will start filling back orders. I managed to piece a set of 5 together on eBay, buying the last of each store’s stock. Then I tried to get new tires. Zero inventory on the west coast. Had to pay an additional $175 shipping. When I called 4WD Parts (TransAmerica) they said ALL tires were out of stock on the west coast. They also said Timken Bearings were out of EVERYTHING and expect a 6 month delay before they have any inventory. Shops are using bearings made in Korea until Timken builds inventory.
I have been doing some building at home. Lumber prices are up 50% in the last two month. Gas is up almost $1/ga in the last two months.
My Point-
Those lockdowns are having a MAJOR ripple effect in our economy.
Is anyone else experiencing supply issues while trying to get parts right now?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Honestly, I think we are just starting to see the real impact of the disruption of the supply chain globally. I also don't see it getting much better anytime soon.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nope, it’s going to be across the board from Jeep parts to groceries and what Shark said, this is just the beginning. They other side of this is the significant inflation that we will see along side it.

Hold on!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Between the supply chain impact, and the financial policies of late, the inflation that has lived on Wall Street for a few years seems to be moving on over to Main Street.

As Sharkey said, it is likely to get much worse before it gets any better. Sadly the biggest impact will likely be felt by those least able to deal with it.

MericaMade

Yeah, its been hell trying to get stuff to complete my build. I'm having same issue. Wheels and tires took weeks to show up, axels 12 weeks and pending, Synergy stuff 60 day backorder. Its been a nightmare. Hell it took amazon 10 days to get me lugnuts LOL.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So I tried to buy new Warn JackHammer wheels for our new JT. Zero inventory globally. I called Warn’s Headquaters. They told me they will not have any inventory until June. Then they will start filling back orders. I managed to piece a set of 5 together on eBay, buying the last of each store’s stock. Then I tried to get new tires. Zero inventory on the west coast. Had to pay an additional $175 shipping. When I called 4WD Parts (TransAmerica) they said ALL tires were out of stock on the west coast. They also said Timken Bearings were out of EVERYTHING and expect a 6 month delay before they have any inventory. Shops are using bearings made in Korea until Timken builds inventory.
I have been doing some building at home. Lumber prices are up 50% in the last two month. Gas is up almost $1/ga in the last two months.
My Point-
Those lockdowns are having a MAJOR ripple effect in our economy.
Is anyone else experiencing supply issues while trying to get parts right now?

All other posts have nailed it. The way this virus was handled is an absolute failure. Pretending that printed paper money will fix it won't bring forth an actual market economy based on supply and demand and that is exactly what we're seeing.

With that being said, where are the pictures of your new JT?

jesse3638

Hooked
Not to mention the long shore man are jamming up the ports due to their union demands for "more covid protection" ie...more pay. The local flooring store I use is seeing a significant increase in cost on materials as well and difficulties in getting product. He also said he's been waiting for a shipment from over seas and it's been floating off the coast of So-Cal for 4+ weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Not to mention the long shore man are jamming up the ports due to their union demands for "more covid protection" ie...more pay. The local flooring store I use is seeing a significant increase in cost on materials as well and difficulties in getting product. He also said he's been waiting for a shipment from over seas and it's been floating off the coast of So-Cal for 4+ weeks.

How does the longshoreman sitting up in a gantry crane by him self need more protection🤷*♂️

They are going to find themselves replaced by the automated systems that they are using in Europe if they are not careful

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
How does the longshoreman sitting up in a gantry crane by him self need more protection🤷*♂️

They are going to find themselves replaced by the automated systems that they are using in Europe if they are not careful

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They need to be replaced. They have been out of control with pay and benefits for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
As long as we get windmill blades out of the Lucky's Charms box and get rid of petroleum, parts should start showing up on shelves again. #science #magic #ProductionIsFree

JKbrick

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ronald Reagan needs to fire them, it’s bullshit they can hold the country’s supply chain hostage. Gee wasn’t Pres Trump trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US?

jesse3638

Hooked
How does the longshoreman sitting up in a gantry crane by him self need more protection[emoji1745]*[emoji3603]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
To me it sounds like they are a bunch of pussys according to some articles I read. They've watched co-workers (some 50 and over) get sick and are scared to come to work. Wtf? You don't like it, protect yourself and others, and take a long walk off a short dock.

In addition to them it also is said that locked down Americans have gone click happy with e-commerce. A lot of which ships from China. Way to put those stimulus checks to work. Give China our money and put local businesses out of business.

Ok end rant...haha.

wjtstudios

Hooked
To me it sounds like they are a bunch of pussys according to some articles I read. They've watched co-workers (some 50 and over) get sick and are scared to come to work. Wtf? You don't like it, protect yourself and others, and take a long walk off a short dock.

In addition to them it also is said that locked down Americans have gone click happy with e-commerce. A lot of which ships from China. Way to put those stimulus checks to work. Give China our money and put local businesses out of business.

Ok end rant...haha.

Ronald Reagan needs to fire them, it’s bullshit they can hold the country’s supply chain hostage. Gee wasn’t Pres Trump trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US?

They need to be replaced. They have been out of control with pay and benefits for decades.

Yup, yup , and spot on!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This morning I dropped Jabberjaw off at Line X to have the bed done. The owner said I got lucky and I'm the last truck they can do. They are having to call and cancel all future appointments because they cannot get restocked on the chemicals they need to install. They have enough to do the three trucks scheduled today and that's it. They also have no clue when they will be able to get more chemicals. The owner also said that auto body shops are grinding to a halt because they can't get paint (actually, the paint manufacturers can't get buckets to put the paint in).

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
This morning I dropped Jabberjaw off at Line X to have the bed done. The owner said I got luck and I'm the last truck they can do. They are having to call and cancel all future appointments because they cannot get restocked on the chemicals they need to install. They have enough to the three trucks scheduled today and that's it. They also have no clue when they will be able to get more chemicals. The owner also said that auto body shops are grinding to a halt because they can't get paint (actually, the paint manufacturers can't get buckets to put the pain in).
Trickle down economics?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This morning I dropped Jabberjaw off at Line X to have the bed done. The owner said I got luck and I'm the last truck they can do. They are having to call and cancel all future appointments because they cannot get restocked on the chemicals they need to install. They have enough to the three trucks scheduled today and that's it. They also have no clue when they will be able to get more chemicals. The owner also said that auto body shops are grinding to a halt because they can't get paint (actually, the paint manufacturers can't get buckets to put the pain in).

Damn, that really sucks. Glad you were able to get your rig in.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Yea last summer I couldn't get warranty service from Craftsman because of COVID. (Which to me customer service seems like a business function that would thrive when everyone is stuck at home, next to a phone...)

Now the semiconductor industry has been hit hard by COVID and everything from computer components, appliances, and cars are impacted. (Although pretty much the entire semiconductor manufacturing process is automated.)

If everyone else can do it I'm just going to start blaming COVID for everything bad that happens to me, even if it was my own doing...

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Here’s a few pics of our new Swee’Pea. Of the one Gator Rubicon left in So Cal, the dealer didn’t want to sell it. So we called Kent at Peterson’s Jeep in Nampa, ID and he saved us $12K. Packed up the KL TrailHawk and drove to Idaho! Left the KL there and drove home a new 2020 JTR.
This one will be our grocery getter/road trip vehicle so it goes in Wednesday for the Mopar 2” lift, Daystar leveling pucks, 35” Falken Wildpeak MT01’s, and Warn Epic JackHammer black wheels.

IMG_3164.jpg IMG_3094.jpg IMG_9753.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom