SUPER SMALL AnyTone Smart CB Radio : 11-Meter Conversion Write-Up

Resqnu

Also, an FYI, Mopar has a complete kit with antenna, bracket, and cable strictly for the JK. We use it on our JK and it seems to work fine. I think we got ours on eBay for around 60 bucks.

Looks just like this. Comes with 18 foot of COAX.

View attachment 272073

Thanks, Just found on eBay as well. I like that it comes with antenna, mount, and cable. The coax cable looks just like the Fire ring on the firestik version. Was there much tuning to this version?

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks, Just found on eBay as well. I like that it comes with antenna, mount, and cable. The coax cable looks just like the Fire ring on the firestik version. Was there much tuning to this version?

Truthfully, we slacked and haven't tuned it at all. Works fine. I got a tuner from another member here, I should probably use it on this Jeep of these days.

And it comes with the nylon washer Eddie was talking about earlier.

0810171258.jpg

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
Truthfully, we slacked and haven't tuned it at all. Works fine. I got a tuner from another member here, I should probably use it on this Jeep of these days.

And it comes with the nylon washer Eddie was talking about earlier. As far as a ground strap, I don't know if that would still be recommended or not, the bracket is aluminum and the bolts touch it and your tailgate.

View attachment 272074

I found when tuning mine, I got fluctuating SWR readings when mounted on the tailgate. Put a ground from the tub to gate and works better then ever now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I found when tuning mine, I got fluctuating SWR readings when mounted on the tailgate. Put a ground from the tub to gate and works better then ever now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good info. I just edited my post after re-reading Eddie's post about the poor ground being between the tailgate and body, not between the antenna and tailgate.

Resqnu

And it comes with the nylon washer Eddie was talking about earlier.

View attachment 272074

Thanks for the info. Looks like a good deal. Is the mount sturdy?
Guess I could paint the parts that are not needed for the connection if it stands out too much.

BobNH

Mine is mounted on the license plate holder, bolted to the side facing forward, so I had to use a ground strap. Use copper braid for strap. I ran it from the frame to the spot between the top of the connector and the bottom of the plate.
The idea of the 10/11 unit os pretty cool though, and the very clear writeup makes me think more on the switch idea someone else noted, so if my 520 ever dies, I may have to guve this a hard look.
And for further clarification of the pic posted by Eddie, from an electrical standpoint, I found this very helpful with my multimeter
09c4e7c0f82bbb8a52b63e5575177639.gif

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the info. Looks like a good deal. Is the mount sturdy?
Guess I could paint the parts that are not needed for the connection if it stands out too much.

Plenty sturdy and the mount is hardly visible behind the tire.

Jeep Reloaded

Great write up and seems easy enough. I even still have a solder sucker in my garage somewhere. Gives me an excuse to buy a fine soldering iron too.

Howdy from Texas!
'76 CJ-5 V8 Renegade (grey Levi's), retired.
'14 JK Sport 2DR (Black), weekend fun.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just received my AnyTone. Now waiting for the antenna kit. Here is a few pics to show the size.
attachment.php

Now that's a great example of just how tiny this radio is! One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to try it :thumb:

Top Bottom