SUPER SMALL AnyTone Smart CB Radio : 11-Meter Conversion Write-Up

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Need a little help making a decision on where to mount this little cb until I get a roll cage (hope to be less than a year). When I get the roll cage I will mount on the cage between the visors. I am including a few pics with the last being an option that I don't have to drill into the side of the console. It's easier to reach and I'm leaning the way. What are you guys thoughts?
View attachment 273173
View attachment 273174
View attachment 273175
View attachment 273176

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_0069.JPG

https://www.strikeforcezebra.com/cbgpsradar_detector_mount

IMG_0068.JPG

The second one is Rugged Ridge.

This is my Rugged Ridge, with my small Midland. I hope to get the Anytone installed, this weekend.
IMG_0071.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Need a little help making a decision on where to mount this little cb until I get a roll cage (hope to be less than a year). When I get the roll cage I will mount on the cage between the visors. I am including a few pics with the last being an option that I don't have to drill into the side of the console. It's easier to reach and I'm leaning the way. What are you guys thoughts?

Of your options, I'm kinda liking what can be done with this one.

attachment.php

Resqnu

Of your options, I'm kinda liking what can be done with this one.

attachment.php

Thanks Eddie, I currently went this way for now. I was not using that space anyway. It's so small it's out of the way, the speaker is facing out, and didn't have to mount anything permanently. I installed last night and everything seems to be working fine. Guess I'll pick up a SWR and get it tuned. Very happy so far.

notnalc68

Holy Moses, its small in there. I hope I didn't F it up. I advise people to use a magnifying glass. I'll know in a bit. I'm redoing my antenna cable, too.

Resqnu

View attachment 273180

https://www.strikeforcezebra.com/cbgpsradar_detector_mount

View attachment 273181

The second one is Rugged Ridge.

This is my Rugged Ridge, with my small Midland. I hope to get the Anytone installed, this weekend.
View attachment 273182

notnalc68, Thanks for the pics and recommendations. I can't use those as I have some switches there..I have it in my lower center console net. Seems to work good for now. Still looking at options before a I get a roll cage.

Resqnu

Man, I hate to here that. It is VERY small in there. I used a magnifying glass, used a very small solder tip, just touched the solder and used a cheap solder sucker. Got lucky the first time.

BobNH

Yep. I killed it.

That sucks, sorry to hear. If you are going to try again, they make these nifty jewelers glasses you wear like a headband. We use them where I work for small component work. My old eyes need them for any of that kind of work lol.
And the solder wick rather than the sucker might help as well, as some of the heat transfers to the wick. It a sort of copper braid thing.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That sucks, sorry to hear. If you are going to try again, they make these nifty jewelers glasses you wear like a headband. We use them where I work for small component work. My old eyes need them for any of that kind of work lol.
And the solder wick rather than the sucker might help as well, as some of the heat transfers to the wick. It a sort of copper braid thing.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah. I needed the glasses, probably.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, are you sure you fried it? What makes you so sure? Could be that you weren't able to clear all the solder between the jumper points?

Top Bottom