How Long are You Willing to Wait for Jeep Parts?

DZRTJP

Recently tried to buy a part direct from the manufacturer. But, they were out of stock & expected a 3 month wait before more were available. Found that Realtruck had the part in stock at one of their warehouses. 2 week wait for delivery... we'll see if that holds, as it is supposed to arrive this next week. 3 months or more is just Too long to wait... Unless you are having a Custom piece fabricated for your vehicle.

Police3515

Well...l ordered and put half down on something Mid to late January... I am still waiting, and will cancel today 1pm EST, get my deposit back, and cancel my offroad trip to TN.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
This is actually a tough time to be asking this question.
I would say back when things were normal 7 to 10 days would be normal. Or what I would like to see. Next day even better.
But now is a totally different ball game. If you want or you need it you will wait until it shows up. Because now if one vendor doesn't have chances are nobody else will either. Like it or not.

Blueknight7777

My expectations are typically that a part will show up within 2 weeks or less unless I've been told otherwise. Basically, if I order something online, I hope to have it in a week or less but 2 weeks at maximum. However, if a vendor told me promptly that it would be a 5-6 week wait, I would make a decision at that point if I wanted to continue the purchase or just get a refund. When a delay of an extra week or less occurs, as long as the company communicates with me, I'm usually just willing to wait and I don't get too pissed off about it.

5 months is way too long IMO. I would attempt to find another manufacturer/vendor to buy from.

Jeeps aren't a cheap hobby and if customers are paying some good coin for a product, it's stupid of the company to not try their best to retain those customers. Especially when it comes to large purchases.
I’ve been lucky ordering Jeep parts on line from the big guys out there and usually they get here in under a week, but not always. If it is not an immediate needed part, I’ll wait as long as necessary. Of course I like to get the part a.s.a.p.

99GoldenSahara

Aside from not being able to order anything at all due to slow boats being parked out in the ocean waiting to be unloaded, how long are you willing to wait for a part or accessory that you're wanting for your Jeep? Increasingly, I've been seeing more and more people post about having to wait 5 months or more, even for parts that are made in the USA. Would this be acceptable to you? This is a serious question and one that I'm sincerely interested in hearing what you think.

FredT

If it's something I really want I guess 7 months and counting is my number.:( Still waiting on the half doors I ordered in October. The last shipping estimate was for 26 April. This has happened every time.
They send me a lite hearted response saying there is another delay and a new shipping date. Which pisses me off. The "Let's face it " really get's under my skin.
At this point I'm a little concerned I will ever get them. Mopar vendors told me they are on national backorder. Another thing is they are paid for in full. Always thought they charged your card when item actually shipped. As of now I only have the front and rear uppers and interior panels. This was a Morris4x4 which apparently is now AutoAnything.
View attachment 361955
John, That's the same form letter (except for the first name) that Morris 4x4 sent me for 5 months when I tried to order the Coverking headliners. But I guess my cutoff is 5 months since I told them to cancel my order and take me off their mailing lists. (Morris 4x4 and Coverking) They don't have anything I need so bad that I'm willing to wait THAT long.....

Betty

Aside from not being able to order anything at all due to slow boats being parked out in the ocean waiting to be unloaded, how long are you willing to wait for a part or accessory that you're wanting for your Jeep? Increasingly, I've been seeing more and more people post about having to wait 5 months or more, even for parts that are made in the USA. Would this be acceptable to you? This is a serious question and one that I'm sincerely interested in hearing what you think.
Test

Seahawkfan

Hooked
John, That's the same form letter (except for the first name) that Morris 4x4 sent me for 5 months when I tried to order the Coverking headliners. But I guess my cutoff is 5 months since I told them to cancel my order and take me off their mailing lists. (Morris 4x4 and Coverking) They don't have anything I need so bad that I'm willing to wait THAT long.....
Yea this is something I really want, so I'll just hang in there. It's really not on Morris4x4 it's a manufacturing thing at this point. JK's are a thing of the past now so who knows if anything would have been different let's say the year before Covid. I think the little "Let's face it" thing is a little patronizing and not very humorous.

BurghBoy

I sent an order through Quadratec about three weeks ago. The part was from Rough Country and is going to be shipped from there (I know shoutouts;d have gone straight to RC). Heard nothing from either vendor, so after three weeks, I called Rough Country and that's when they told me about how hard it is getting parts. Why wasn't i informed prior? It's a guessing game. I'll just wait it out.

Police3515

I'd say it really depends on what the part is. If it is say shocks or coils or a tie rod IMO those parts should be stocked somewhere and a week or 2 seems reasonable. In the case of axles or like the trail ready beadlocks I just ordered I understand it takes time for things made to order and while I'd love to have it ASAP 1-2 months seems reasonable to me.
I waited just over 4 months for my PR44 and I thought that was a bit nuts considering I ordered one of their packages that they probably have multiple sitting already done minus gears.
😱 Woah!!!

Police3515

I'd say it really depends on what the part is. If it is say shocks or coils or a tie rod IMO those parts should be stocked somewhere and a week or 2 seems reasonable. In the case of axles or like the trail ready beadlocks I just ordered I understand it takes time for things made to order and while I'd love to have it ASAP 1-2 months seems reasonable to me.
I waited just over 4 months for my PR44 and I thought that was a bit nuts considering I ordered one of their packages that they probably have multiple sitting already done minus gears.
I placed the same order Mid January... still waiting.. Now canceling my Windrock trip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sent an order through Quadratec about three weeks ago. The part was from Rough Country and is going to be shipped from there (I know shoutouts;d have gone straight to RC). Heard nothing from either vendor, so after three weeks, I called Rough Country and that's when they told me about how hard it is getting parts. Why wasn't i informed prior? It's a guessing game. I'll just wait it out.
Personally, I'd call yourself lucky and would look for the same part but made by a different company. RC isn't exactly known for making quality parts and this is coming from personal experience.

scruffy

Waiting five+ months for Dynatrac 60/80 axles and Kings shocks from Evo for my JT. I Know shocks are not Evos fault. Decided to put on a lift kit and some workable shocks on for 37s' with the stock axles. I'll run it like this till I get the parts. I'll sell these parts off later. I need to have the use of the JT this summer. I want the 60/80 axles. You never know, the JT might might grow up into a V8 and or 42s'.
Plan C . Found a set of Dana Ultimate UD 60s' and we bought them. Got wheels, 40s, coming. Ordered some STT tires (2nd choice) wanted Nitto Trail Grapplers but no go on those. Now Evo says July for coil overs so now looking for some standard shocks and springs to run till we get coil overs. Paid for complete Evo suspension kit , showed up without shocks. On and on and on it goes.

Top Bottom