How Long are You Willing to Wait for Jeep Parts?

DMF

I order some LOD steps for last year April when the pandemic started. It took LOD 3 months to get them shipped out to me. I sent them several emails and they were all replied which was nice. But the wait was excruciating because I'm impatient.

I usually order on Amazon if it was available because shipping is fast. With my old Jeep, I tried to stay as local as I could and even try to will call the parts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah not even a big one either I waited 4 months for a trail leader package. Kinda odd dropping 7k on it then just sitting for 4 months
Well yeah! My JL and JT both took over 3 months to get but then, I only had to put a small $1k deposit and they're an entire frikin Jeep made to how I wanted it.

Lsmith

Aside from not being able to order anything at all due to slow boats being parked out in the ocean waiting to be unloaded, how long are you willing to wait for a part or accessory that you're wanting for your Jeep? Increasingly, I've been seeing more and more people post about having to wait 5 months or more, even for parts that are made in the USA. Would this be acceptable to you? This is a serious question and one that I'm sincerely interested in hearing what you think.
Here lately I’ve been lucky and only waiting 5 weeks. I did start ordering some upgrades for my trip to Moab in July 2021 in February so they are coming in now. If it’s something I really wanted then I would wait at least 4 months.

pop2tu

Got an email today from Quadratec saying it’s soft top weather, sale on soft tops. Cool I could use a replacement top. Just checked out their web sight and almost every top I clicked on was temporarily out of stock. This was JKU, TJ and YJ. I don’t know, but if your putting something on sale it should be in stock.

Kuboske

Got an email today from Quadratec saying it’s soft top weather, sale on soft tops. Cool I could use a replacement top. Just checked out their web sight and almost every top I clicked on was temporarily out of stock. This was JKU, TJ and YJ. I don’t know, but if your putting something on sale it should be in stock.
They will be back in stock and ready to ship by Nov. 1.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is what's been bothering me the most lately. It is just so lame that so many vendors are posting up packages, sales or even listing things for sale when they don't actually have anything in stock.

JAGS

Hooked
I would say depends on the company and the style of the part. For example there’s not too many front bumper styles I like. I like the style of Evo and that would be my first choice but if wait times were bad then I would opt for LoD. For stock parts from the dealer. I would see if I can find that same part elsewhere for less of a wait.

Well also a good example though Evo’s weld on sliders been 3 weeks (2 years ago) lol 😂 while I would love to buy from them and support them I’m tired of waiting I’ll find another product elsewhere. 👍

I still haven’t found a decent alternative. I’m still surprised by this given all the success they had with the JK weld ons.

I’m thinking of buying the JK ones and having them modified if needed.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Having a WJ, sometimes waiting longer than usual is a fairly normal thing as parts are often handmade or custom. Basically, If I want it, I have to wait. Usually no more than a month. However, more common parts have come in at about a week, two at the most.
I have gotten burned twice at Quadratec when they publish a date and then it gets pushed back. Repeatedly. I realize they can only put down the estimated time that a given manufacturer tells them, but after 5 or 6 push backs totaling 4 months it becomes intolerable.
I now have a policy of cancelling all items that get pushed back or delayed and reorder when they show as in stock (if I haven't found them with another Mfgr.) I have found that often times if one person is out of what I want, neither does anyone else have it.
In the case of my rear sway bar, nobody had them and were backordered even when it was not even the same exact part. I. E. Addco vs. Helwig.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I seen a lot of the "in stock" let's take your money now and have it shipped at a later date.🙄 At least a couple places fully refunded my cost. I try to order more cautiously now, phone calls, comparing products, ect.

We are having problems getting basic product to our Tier 1 automotive facility, in turn makes us late on shipments.

I guess between employment problems, weather related tragedies, and yes the covid excuse it's going to drag on for some time.

LarryB

Most of the delays, due to chip shortages, should be related mostly to items that actually use electronics. I have been waiting for 6 weeks (initially promised 2-3 weeks) for a bike rack that still might not arrive until June. I think some companies are using the excuse when it may not apply to them.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I still haven’t found a decent alternative. I’m still surprised by this given all the success they had with the JK weld ons.

I’m thinking of buying the JK ones and having them modified if needed.
Yea that’s true been looking for a while myself. Only thing kinda close is the rugged ridge but they look a little flimsy... hope the JK ones work out for you if you do go that route. If I didn’t have a JT that would be a good option.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Up front and honest communication is definitely key in how long I'm willing to wait for something. So long as I'm allowed to understand what I'm up against, I can make the decision whether or not it'll be worth it to me.
This. If I was told that Covid shutdowns had someone backed up, I could understand that. 5 months is a long time, though!

Dawgdaddy

Aside from not being able to order anything at all due to slow boats being parked out in the ocean waiting to be unloaded, how long are you willing to wait for a part or accessory that you're wanting for your Jeep? Increasingly, I've been seeing more and more people post about having to wait 5 months or more, even for parts that are made in the USA. Would this be acceptable to you? This is a serious question and one that I'm sincerely interested in hearing what you think.
Months are way too long I feel That a few weeks can be reasonable . If this is due to coming from other countries I believe we should look at more American made products . Now is the time for manufacturing to be done here in the states I’d like to see more American companies picking up the work load and providing shorter turn around times from shop to home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Months are way too long I feel That a few weeks can be reasonable . If this is due to coming from other countries I believe we should look at more American made products . Now is the time for manufacturing to be done here in the states I’d like to see more American companies picking up the work load and providing shorter turn around times from shop to home.
Totally agree with you but the guys who were waiting 5 months or more were waiting on made in the USA Dynatrac axles. Would you still be okay with that?

BudG

Absolutely not! I can't even wait a day, LOL! whats worse is when UPS delivers you an empty, ripped up, taped back together box and now you have to wait all over again to get what you ordered weeks ago! SMH!

Attachments

• IMG_9319.jpeg
    IMG_9319.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9320.jpeg
    IMG_9320.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom