How Long are You Willing to Wait for Jeep Parts?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I caught a very popular online 4x4 site today in the shipping delay crap. A particular part i wanted to purchase shows “ships between 7-29 to 8-04” and that it’s in stock… so I called them to ask about the delay if it’s in stock. The usual claim came up as “well the world has gone through a lot lately and there’s manufacturing delays in receiving products” I said I can somewhat understand that but the product shows in stock and you also stated that it was for sure in stock at your facility, so why the big delay? Again “Covid related crud and that usps and FedEx and ups are also parts of the delay equation”…

So the sales guy then proceeded to tell me “sir it’s sounds as if your the type that wants it now and not later, would you be interested in overnight shipping for $80 more?”

Well my response to that was “Hell No and that the part is only $65 and it weighs about 2 pounds”. “Thanks but no thanks again and it’s the last time they will see a dime from me”….
I would charge you 160 for basic shipping.

Has anyone recently ordered from Quadratec? If so were your items “temporarily out of stock” with a reasonable (within a month) estimated ship date? And did you receive your parts remotely close to the estimated time?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Has anyone recently ordered from Quadratec? If so were your items “temporarily out of stock” with a reasonable (within a month) estimated ship date? And did you receive your parts remotely close to the estimated time?
Went through that in March or April. I ended up cancelling the order. The estimated ship date changed every few days.

Went through that in March or April. I ended up cancelling the order. The estimated ship date changed every few days.
Thanks.
I haven’t ordered anything yet. I’ve been wanting to get some stuff for the Jeep. I have some time coming up and was really looking forward to get everything in to thrash on the truck. Its been a complete joke checking websites everyday for the past couple months crossing fingers I catch parts in stock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Sharkey said. I used to order through Qtec a lot but lately, I've given up being that they never really have what you're wanting in stock.

Dale72

Hooked
A couple of things that I have ordered from them have shipped when they said and some hasn't

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Its been a complete joke checking websites everyday for the past couple months crossing fingers I catch parts in stock.
I feel your pain. I did the same thing for several months for the phone holder I wanted. Finally got lucky and ordered when it was in stock.

I also finally caught QTec with the dead pedal I wanted in stock. I actually have a tracking number and it is on its way.

Dale72

Hooked
Thanks.
I haven’t ordered anything yet. I’ve been wanting to get some stuff for the Jeep. I have some time coming up and was really looking forward to get everything in to thrash on the truck. Its been a complete joke checking websites everyday for the past couple months crossing fingers I catch parts in stock.
There has been 2 times that I've ordered from Quadratec and knew it was out of stock by their website but I got a email with a tracking number the same day or the next day

This shit is just comical at this point. Order placed earlier this morning when the tires showed as in stock. Received a text and email that said “unfortunately, we had a problem finalizing your order and need to communicate with you”.

Pretty sure I’m done trying to give away money. Maybe next year will be better.

3BFE0EC4-315B-4E33-9C62-27B3869083D0.jpeg

bk030

This shit is just comical at this point. Order placed earlier this morning when the tires showed as in stock. Received a text and email that said “unfortunately, we had a problem finalizing your order and need to communicate with you”.

Pretty sure I’m done trying to give away money. Maybe next year will be better.

View attachment 365751
If this is from Discount Tire, I ran into this same problem with them a few months ago. Did you get an order number? i wound up calling them and the next time they got a shipment in they shipped my tires out. i didn't have to constantly check out their site to see if they came back in stock.

If this is from Discount Tire, I ran into this same problem with them a few months ago. Did you get an order number? i wound up calling them and the next time they got a shipment in they shipped my tires out. i didn't have to constantly check out their site to see if they came back in stock.
Yep. Discount Tire Direct.
Order number, confirmation email, PayPal charge/withdraw from my account.
Then about 6 hours later they contacted me saying the tires are in fact not in stock.

bk030

Then about 6 hours later they contacted me saying the tires are in fact not in stock.
I would call them... thats the exact same thing that happened to me. They were more than happy to take care of me.

benatc1

Hooked
Did youHit up Matt here in the forum? he's been working with me the last day or 2 giving live time updates on what I was looking for. Sadly most was backordered but there were a bunch in stock then gone in a few hours but he found another stash and was able to reserve me a set, just sent payment actually.

Did youHit up Matt here in the forum? he's been working with me the last day or 2 giving live time updates on what I was looking for. Sadly most was backordered but there were a bunch in stock then gone in a few hours but he found another stash and was able to reserve me a set, just sent payment actually.
That’s awesome.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Well well well look what showed up yesterday. Problem is no word on the fronts. They are fucking killing me. In 3 days it will be one year since I ordered. New NO phone call policy also went into effect recently also. Online Chat only.
Quadratec says they have them in stock and ready to ship. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see, If so I'll cancel the Morris4x4 order.
20210906_131313.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well well well look what showed up yesterday. Problem is no word on the fronts. They are fucking killing me. In 3 days it will be one year since I ordered. New NO phone call policy also went into effect recently also. Online Chat only.
Quadratec says they have them in stock and ready to ship. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see, If so I'll cancel the Morris4x4 order.
View attachment 366779
Nice! Well, except for the part that it took a year to get and you still don't have fronts. Morris and their policies can suck it.

Dale72

Hooked
View attachment 366779
There's been times that Quadratec's website has said stuff was in-stock but as soon as I ordered it I got a email saying that it was on back order. You might be on hold for a while when you call them

wjtstudios

Hooked
There's been times that Quadratec's website has said stuff was in-stock but as soon as I ordered it I got a email saying that it was on back order. You might be on hold for a while when you call them
View attachment 366779
Morris does suck. I won’t order anything from them. Quadratec’s phone service is very hard to get thru on, but once you go, they are very helpful.

well, congrats on the rear doors anyway

Dale72

Hooked
Morris does suck. I won’t order anything from them. Quadratec’s phone service is very hard to get thru on, but once you go, they are very helpful.

well, congrats on the rear doors anyway
I have ordered a few things for Morris4x4 and had no problems. The thing about Morris4x4 is if it's not in stock, it won't let you even order it

Top Bottom