Wines of the Week

Brute

Hooked
The last of the Lindstrom Pinot’s...still have a couple cases of their cabs...

Attachments

• 9B913A55-E3AD-41CB-B448-0032778B0C4C.jpg
    9B913A55-E3AD-41CB-B448-0032778B0C4C.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 93

JAGS

Hooked
IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

Couple shipments came in. Nice to restock with some Paso’s Tobin James this time around and the latest Hope wine club shipment. [emoji485][emoji41]

The other is an impulse label buy. It is Saints football season after all. Lol. ⚜️

Brute

Hooked
View attachment 353697

View attachment 353698

Couple shipments came in. Nice to restock with some Paso’s Tobin James this time around and the latest Hope wine club shipment. [emoji485][emoji41]

The other is an impulse label buy. It is Saints football season after all. Lol. ⚜️

Looks like you’re well fortified...hoping the fires in Napa & Sonoma don’t crush the wine industry there...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Decided to start drinking some wine, after all the political discussion taking place...a very nice napa cab...

Attachments

• 54E4FE05-6C5D-4E7B-A3A4-A3C261F081F1.jpg
    54E4FE05-6C5D-4E7B-A3A4-A3C261F081F1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 57

JAGS

Hooked
Looks like you’re well fortified...hoping the fires in Napa & Sonoma don’t crush the wine industry there...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Since I’m now covering the state of CA for work, I’m hearing more and more. Guess several vineyards are already gone, others threatened. Sadly many lives impacted.

Brute

Hooked
Since I’m now covering the state of CA for work, I’m hearing more and more. Guess several vineyards are already gone, others threatened. Sadly many lives impacted.

That’s too bad...I have a step brother that lives in Santa Rosa...he is getting tired of this...

MericaMade

I have tried but I just cant get into wine. I love bourbon and whiskey and can taste the difference in flavoring but with wine it all taste the same to me.

Brute

Hooked
I have tried but I just cant get into wine. I love bourbon and whiskey and can taste the difference in flavoring but with wine it all taste the same to me.

It is really apparent when you have a glass of mediocre wine next to a glass of really good wine...I’m sure it’s the same with bourbon...

JAGS

Hooked

High acid and high tannin wines tend to blow out the palate. That’s often what people taste first too.

Hit some local wineries or tasting rooms and have them line up a good “flight” for you. Starting with the most simple to the most complex.

Everyone’s tastebuds are different so you just need to find the right varietals you enjoy to start. Could be whites. Could be reds. Then your tastes will start to evolve.

jesse3638

Hooked
High acid and high tannin wines tend to blow out the palate. That’s often what people taste first too.

Hit some local wineries or tasting rooms and have them line up a good “flight” for you. Starting with the most simple to the most complex.

Everyone’s tastebuds are different so you just need to find the right varietals you enjoy to start. Could be whites. Could be reds. Then your tastes will start to evolve.
Yeah what ever he just said...haha. I'm a wine newbie but really enjoy reds. Then again I really enjoy stouts, porters, and hoppy beers. So I'd assume that's why.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Then again I really enjoy stouts, porters, and hoppy beers. So I'd assume that's why.

^ This is how I solve my wine ignorance.

Out of all the reds I've drunken, there's a budget brand called Barefoot. They make one called Rich Red Blend. Without breaking the bank, it's pretty decent.

IMG_20201014_190916_6.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Yeah what ever he just said...haha. I'm a wine newbie but really enjoy reds. Then again I really enjoy stouts, porters, and hoppy beers. So I'd assume that's why.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. I only know what I know, which is very little.

Which of reds are you enjoying the most, from which regions/countries?

Not all reds are created equal. Same varietal from different lots can taste totally different. And the you have all the red varietals themselves.

I’ve spent the last year or two trying trying to broaden my palate with a unique wine club and buying source. Found some good wines from around the world that I would drink otherwise. Some others that ranked high, but not my style.

Wine world is damn near endless.

MericaMade

Yeah done that many times, and if I drink wine I drink red but it just taste like different flavors of vinegar to me. Same with champagne, a bottle of Dom vs trader joes $4 dollars bottle taste no different to me. My wife is a wino and dose the subscription thing but I just can't get into it. It could also be I don't like room temp drinks.

Maybe different for you guys but I notice my wife never has the same bottle on hand. It's like she is never fully satisfied with one brand (other anything else in life being a woman). As for me my go to Bourbon is Buffalo Trace, but I have many others on hand as well. I feel like every time she opens a bottle she always like "ahhh that's not bad" then on to the next bottle LOL.

Top Bottom