Wines of the Week

CalSgt

Hooked
I've had this one laying down for about 5 years, it was decent when I bought it & excited to see how its developed.

2013 Turley, Cobb Vinyard, Amador Zin

IMG_4440.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Had this for a few years now. Figured why not. After letting open up, drank real smooth.

IMG_0628.jpg

Even though I haven’t been posting too much. Still making good progress on my covid corks. [emoji848]

Adjustments.jpg

RonaldG

I'm a fan of red wines and have tried several varieties of Haywines red wines. They're a good value and last a long time once opened. I've also had Red Truck red wines and they are much the same. Enjoy!

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Turley Zin. Should have aged well. How was it? I’m trying to get myself up the central wine country soon.

It was amazing for a moderately priced bottle, I shared it with dinner guests so I only got one glass but my company appreciated it which made it worth while.

I kind of wish I would have left it laying for another few years but I get paranoid that I'll leave them too long and they'll end up corky or ruined. I don't have the knowledge to know what ages really well and what doesn't. I have bought a few cases over the years that I was told to hurry and consume within the year, and others I was told to lay down for at least 6-12 months.

If you are a zin drinker Amador County is the place to be, lots of Zin, Barbara, Tempranillo, Syrah, Grenache, & GSM blends

ETA: We haven't been able to get down to the foothills for some wine in over a year due to the Rona but my wife has some training in Sac on Monday so we scheduled tasting at a few of our favorites this weekend. We are members at about 6 places so we will probably have a metric shit ton of wine to pick up. Normally we would just walk in but the social distancing rules have those places all screwed up

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
It was amazing for a moderately priced bottle, I shared it with dinner guests so I only got one glass but my company appreciated it which made it worth while.

I kind of wish I would have left it laying for another few years but I get paranoid that I'll leave them too long and they'll end up corky or ruined. I don't have the knowledge to know what ages really well and what doesn't. I have bought a few cases over the years that I was told to hurry and consume within the year, and others I was told to lay down for at least 6-12 months.

If you are a zin drinker Amador County is the place to be, lots of Zin, Barbara, Tempranillo, Syrah, Grenache, & GSM blends

ETA: We haven't been able to get down to the foothills for some wine in over a year due to the Rona but my wife has some training in Sac on Monday so we scheduled tasting at a few of our favorites this weekend. We are members at about 6 places so we will probably have a metric shit ton of wine to pick up. Normally we would just walk in but the social distancing rules have those places all screwed up

I used to have this sheet based on location and year and varietal that would give a ballpark for “age-abilty” have no idea if it was legit and have no idea what year it was for or where the sheet is now. Lol.

I’m like you though, not too sure how best to age and worried more about tossing the bottle than drinking too soon.

Obviously there are wines that are just awesome, but I still lean heavily towards certain varietals. Need to check out more amador wines!

CalSgt

Hooked
Went wine shopping at Amador for the first time in over a year, not that the stuff in stock at my local supermarkets isn't decent but i'm getting sick of the same bottles over and over.

IMG_4457.jpg

Got mama's fridge stocked up with white's & rose's, still need to get my fridge filled & the rest can go in the back of a closet.
IMG_4459.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Went wine shopping at Amador for the first time in over a year, not that the stuff in stock at my local supermarkets isn't decent but i'm getting sick of the same bottles over and over.

View attachment 353252

Got mama's fridge stocked up with white's & rose's, still need to get my fridge filled & the rest can go in the back of a closet.
View attachment 353253

Damn. You no longer have an alcohol problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked

View attachment 353252

View attachment 353253

That’s a legit haul. Will keep an eye open for the invite. Lol.

[emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

Brute

Hooked
Dang... You always have some serious gourmet shit. Did you collect all of your wine and sit on it for 15+ years or did you acquire most of it at its prime?

Most of it was purchased upon release and stored...but we are at the age where we don’t acquire any more wine when we travel, and stopped buying wines that we are on the list of buyers at certain wineries...just need to drink what we have before they move past their prime

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Most of it was purchased upon release and stored...but we are at the age where we don’t acquire any more wine when we travel, and stopped buying wines that we are on the list of buyers at certain wineries...just need to drink what we have before they move past their prime

Before they move past their prime, or you move past your prime...I guess either way we should drink up!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JAGS

Hooked
Hey I've been to that winery recently. We need to get together with you and Amy in Temecula.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

There’s some decent places out. But has been too damn hot and many tasting rooms/patios have been closed.

I’m currently drinking through my wine fridges as have a couple new orders bout to come in from Paso. [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

jesse3638

Hooked
There’s some decent places out. But has been too damn hot and many tasting rooms/patios have been closed.

I’m currently drinking through my wine fridges as have a couple new orders bout to come in from Paso. [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]
Lisa and I are headed up to Paso for our anniversary. What are your recommendations?

JAGS

Hooked
Lisa and I are headed up to Paso for our anniversary. What are your recommendations?

So many. But here some of the good ones in my opinion. Check em out online and go from there. There are so many up there.

Cypher
Chronic Cellars
J Dusi
Austin Hope
Opolo
Tablas Creek
Peach Canyon
Via Vega
Tobin James

Top Bottom