Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

jesse3638

Hooked
Well.
It’s Saturday on this July 4th weekend. What is on the smoker?
Right now I just have a couple chicken breasts (Camp Chef SGX 36 is a bit much for 2 breasts..haha). I did 15lbs of pork and 8 lbs of tri tip a few weeks ago. Pulled the pork and froze 3/4's of it. We've had tacos, pizza, sandwiches, and put some on my Burger last night. Tomorrow I think I'm keeping it simple and just doing some brats and burgers.

desertrunner

Finally made a pork butt I can be proud of. 10lb bone in pork shoulder with traeger coffee rub. Fat slab up at 225 overnight. Took it off at about 11 hours wrapped in butcher paper kicked the heat up to 300 to finish it off. Internal temp of 203 about 2 hours later. And it rested for almost 3 hours before pulling it for our party and damn... Just melted apart and bone came out clean. So satisfying

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
@OverlanderJK Are you going to frame that firebox to keep it from distorting?

Looks good so far.
It’s 1/4” it’s not going to distort/warp. But I did put angle around it to clean up the sloppy cuts. It was not easy cutting the 1/4” without the proper tools. I’ll order it to the size I need next time. I will probably add some bracing on the inside of the firebox door as a just in case. If that warps, I won’t be able to close it. If for some reason the other warped, it would effect the cooking process.
C96B15F6-A11D-4D7D-A169-26EA10A4AA5E.jpeg

Top Bottom