Sig Sauer P320

Zevulin

Me, and my trainer, a 30 year LEO, who prefers Glocks, and who also trains other officers. Notice the Sig P228 in my hands.

View attachment 295398

I love Sigs. I just happen to now prefer to carry a Glock 19, or an M&P Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Curious about your thoughts on the P229 Legion RX Compact, the more I read about it the more I’m liking it.

jeep203

Curious about your thoughts on the P229 Legion RX Compact, the more I read about it the more I’m liking it.

That’s what I have. I got a very gently used one for $200 off retail and it’s a very nice gun. I shoot the crap outta mine and so the finish is wearing off the rail slots but that’s to be expected in my opinion. Some folks think that’s a flaw in the finish. You’re spending a lot on the gun so consider it but don’t let it stop you. The other added features like the GG trigger is a really good shooting trigger, not a competition trigger by any stretch, there are faster triggers on Kimbers and the like, but you’re not buying a competition gun, it’s highly functional and a well balanced piece, the grips are excellent and the trit sites are helpful to a middle aged guy like me. Like someone said above, everyone is different as to what feels good to shoot, try out a standard 229 if you haven’t already, if you like it, the legion is better.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Zevulin

That’s what I have. I got a very gently used one for $200 off retail and it’s a very nice gun. I shot the crap outta mine and so the finish is wearing off the rail slots but that’s to be expected in my opinion. Some folks think that’s a flaw I the finish. You’re spending a lot on the gun so consider it but don’t let it stop you. The other added features like the GG trigger is a really good shooting trigger, not a competition trigger by any stretch, there are faster triggers on Kimbers and the like, but you’re not buying a competition gun, it’s highly functional and a well balanced piece, the grips are excellent and the trit sites are helpful to a middle aged guy like me. Like someone said above, everyone is different as to what feels good to shoot, try out a standard 229 if you haven’t already, if you like it, the legion is better.

Thx for the info. Yeah I know there’s been some talk around the internet about the finish wearing off, doesn’t that happen on most handguns that are used often?

jeep203

Thx for the info. Yeah I know there’s been some talk around the internet about the finish wearing off, doesn’t that happen on most handguns that are used often?

Yes exactly, it’s just that people bitch about the Legion because it’s seen as a premium finish. I don’t buy things to leave them on a shelf and mine is well used, there is no wear that is unusual in my opinion. I’ll get you a pic tonight.

jeep203

Here’s my Legion. I’ve noted the wear on the finish in all the expected spots. 3000-5000 rounds through it. Had it since July 17. Like the said; nothing unexpected for the use.

Image1520459658.442445.jpg IMG_0038.JPG Image1520459678.708341.jpg IMG_0040.JPG

A.J.

Here’s my Legion. I’ve noted the wear on the finish in all the expected spots. 3000-5000 rounds through it. Had it since July 17. Like the said; nothing unexpected for the use.

View attachment 295584 View attachment 295585 View attachment 295586 View attachment 295587

Looks pretty normal to me. Just breaking in. Lol! Using Lucas grease? If not might try it. Little dab everywhere you see wear points. Smooths it up nicely.

Zevulin

View attachment 295584 View attachment 295585 View attachment 295586 View attachment 295587

Thx for the pics! On the topic of aiming a handgun, is it truly best to learn to shoot with both eyes open right from the get go?

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

Thx for the pics! On the topic of aiming a handgun, is it truly best to learn to shoot with both eyes open right from the get go?

Let me ask you this. If a bad guy is coming for you or trying to get into your house are you gonna take the time to close 1 eye and aim down the sights or just shoot with both open? Ultimately train how you will preform. For me, With both eyes open or just 1 open I can consistently hit 3 out of 5 shots in the same hole at 21feet and at 30feet keep a 5 inch cluster with my judge. With the Springfield XD i rent time and again I’ve tagged a clip at 21 feet within 2 inches and at 30 feet that spread to 3-4 inches. I find it more comfortable to shoot with both open and more practical really. Granted I bird hunt which most people shoot with both eyes open and I do photography so I might be biased. A lot of people including myself who do street photography have both eyes open for that as well.

Sorry for weird posts, my phone ha sheen acting up a bit recently. Haven’t turned it off in 8 months[emoji23]

Last edited:

Zevulin

Let me ask you this. If a bad guy is coming for you or trying to get into your house are you gonna take the time to close 1 eye and aim down the sights or just shoot with both open? Ultimately train how you will preform. For me, With both eyes open or just 1 open I can consistently hit 3 out of 5 shots in the same hole at 21feet and at 30feet keep a 5 inch cluster with my judge. With the Springfield XD i rent time and again I’ve tagged a clip at 21 feet within 2 inches and at 30 feet that spread to 3-4 inches. I find it more comfortable to shoot with both open and more practical really. Granted I bird hunt which most people shoot with both eyes open and I do photography so I might be biased. A lot of people including myself who do street photography have both eyes open for that as well.

Sorry for weird posts, my phone ha sheen acting up a bit recently. Haven’t turned it off in 8 months[emoji23]

I get it, it would certainly be counterintuitive in a threat focused situation to cut off half your vision.

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

I get it, it would certainly be counterintuitive in a threat focused situation to cut off your half your vision.

That’s my thinking anyway.

But I also know people who can and have out shoot me by a mile using only 1 eye. Either way if you’re in that situation and you’re a good shot with a cool head you’re gonna hit the guy. All about range time and how well you know your gun

A.J.

Massad Ayoob. I highly recommend reading from him first and then you can ignore much of the misinformation you get anywhere else. Best advice I can give you on a public forum on this subject.

Omnifox

Massad Ayoob. I highly recommend reading from him first and then you can ignore much of the misinformation you get anywhere else. Best advice I can give you on a public forum on this subject.

Ayoob is great, but he does have the tendency to regurgitate lots of FuddLore.

He is good, but he is not perfect or always correct. Like always, you should take it with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom