Sig Sauer P320

A.J.

Ayoob is great, but he does have the tendency to regurgitate lots of FuddLore.

He is good, but he is not perfect or always correct. Like always, you should take it with a grain of salt.

He is a good start for the level of questions the op is asking. I would recommend finding a good instructor, but they are few and far between in many places. Too many “certified “ hacks trying to make money teaching their recreation when it is not their vocation. No offense but this conversation start is precisely why I recommended some reading. Ayoob may not be the end all but it’s a good start to understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Omnifox

Alright,

Now that I have a second to sit down and actually respond to this thread. The Sig 320 is a fantastic gun, that once you send it in for recall is a pretty damn solid firearm.

The trigger is great from the factory, even better after the recall, and can be make even better by going Grey Guns (Something that can improve any and ALL Sigs). I have one, and I love the idea that the trigger group is the serialized part so you can drop it into several different things. They shoot great, and the right sized kit will get you a nice carry gun.

All that said, I have some severe issues with it all of them a result of being sig. Mainly the fact that the 9 trigger assembly is just for 9/40/357 with an artificial limitation preventing it from being put into a 45 kit. Artificially limiting them so you can sell more things. Such a Sig thing to do. Not to mention the standard Sig super high bore axis. And the fact the first generation has issues... (That said, I still keep buying gen 1 products and getting screwed over by it.)

Anyways, the long and the short of it is that it is a good gun, but its one of those things that you will have to try for yourself. Rent one, or find a buddy.

Personally, I still carry a Glock 19 most times. Or my far from stock Beretta 92. Or my 226....

The important part is to practice, practice, practice.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Let me ask you this. If a bad guy is coming for you or trying to get into your house are you gonna take the time to close 1 eye and aim down the sights or just shoot with both open? Ultimately train how you will preform. For me, With both eyes open or just 1 open I can consistently hit 3 out of 5 shots in the same hole at 21feet and at 30feet keep a 5 inch cluster with my judge. With the Springfield XD i rent time and again I’ve tagged a clip at 21 feet within 2 inches and at 30 feet that spread to 3-4 inches. I find it more comfortable to shoot with both open and more practical really. Granted I bird hunt which most people shoot with both eyes open and I do photography so I might be biased. A lot of people including myself who do street photography have both eyes open for that as well.

Sorry for weird posts, my phone ha sheen acting up a bit recently. Haven’t turned it off in 8 months[emoji23]

I shoot with both eyes open, unless it’s long range, with a rifle. I used to hunt quail, and shotgun shooting trains you to do that.

Top Bottom