SHIPPING SILLINESS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I get a message from Amazon saying that they delivered an order that I placed.
Screenshot 2023-10-23 181236.png

So, I open the door, grab the package that the Amazon truck dropped off and found this...

IMG_7379.jpg

I should note that the package was not only empty, top of the bag was not even sealed. If I could guess, the damn package was empty even before they loaded it on their truck and they proceeded to ship and deliver this empty bag to my house anyway. :rolleyes:

jeeeep

Hooked
FedEx delivery that was supposed to have arrived on the 19th arrived, their excuse was the "barcode label unreadable."
But it must have been readable enough to show in the tracking history bouncing from one FedEx location to another...
The hardware and one large piece was missing.

FedEx's slogan, "We get 50% of your shipment delivered late 100% of the time" (y)
20231021_130853.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So, I get a message from Amazon saying that they delivered an order that I placed.
View attachment 397263

So, I open the door, grab the package that the Amazon truck dropped off and found this...

View attachment 397264

I should note that the package was not only empty, top of the bag was not even sealed. If I could guess, the damn package was empty even before they loaded it on their truck and they proceeded to ship and deliver this empty bag to my house anyway. :rolleyes:
I’ve had thag happen before too. In fact I just had a spark plug gauge delivered with nothing inside its package. Just an empty package inside an envelope.

pewpew82

Caught the Bug
I ordered tires once and had one show up on my front porch, and the other 3 were left at my back door almost in the alley behind my house.

Checked the cameras and all 4 came on the same truck at the same time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve had thag happen before too. In fact I just had a spark plug gauge delivered with nothing inside its package. Just an empty package inside an envelope.
The icing on the cake was that Amazon makes it impossible to just have another part sent to you. The only options they offer is an automated selection to have them ship a new one to you BUT, you have to ship back what you got - in this case, nothing. If you don't, they will charge you for what you didn't get. Of course, there's absolutely no way to contact them and talk to a real human. Sure, if you dig hard enough, you can find a place where you should be able to do that but then you get the automated response about how they're busier than normal and that's it. They don't even give you an option to hold on your screen or have someone call you.

In the end, I was able to just get a refund but really, I just want my part. :rolleyes:

TrailHunter

Hooked
View attachment 397263

View attachment 397264

This is what a bag of chips will look like in 2030.

Trail Bud

Hooked
I just had that happen too last week. Package was opened very clean. Delivery guy placed it on the table with another. He had to know what he was doing, but doesn’t care.

Waffleman

I dunno, when you live in a rural area and the closest Petsmart is over an hour away, it can be helpful to have the food you want to feed your dog shipped to you especially if shipping is free and the cost otherwise is about the same. I've been considering it just for that reason.
Have you checked out Chewy.com? We get all of our dog stuff through them instead of driving to Petsmart, etc.

Bierpower

Hooked
A good one I've been seeing more lately. We ordered a heater for a work area in the corner of the shop. If I had it sent to my work in town, beside the interstate, I could get it next Monday (this was on Tuesday). If I had it shipped to my house 20 miles out of town they could deliver it Wednesday (next day). I even swapped the address a couple times to be sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how many times I've posted about USPS but seriously, they SUCK!!

Placed and order last weekend and was given a tracking number that said it would arrive yesterday. Being that it was being shipped from Sacramento, that seemed a bit long but Monday was a holiday and okay, whatever. Well, yesterday came and went by the end of the day, I got the following message.
Screenshot 2024-01-19 141927.png

Just now, the postman came by and what do ya know, I got NOTHING! And, when I checked online to see where my package was, I got the same stupid scree that you see above :rolleyes:

kevman65

Hooked
I don't know how many times I've posted about USPS but seriously, they SUCK!!

Placed and order last weekend and was given a tracking number that said it would arrive yesterday. Being that it was being shipped from Sacramento, that seemed a bit long but Monday was a holiday and okay, whatever. Well, yesterday came and went by the end of the day, I got the following message.
View attachment 400845

Just now, the postman came by and what do ya know, I got NOTHING! And, when I checked online to see where my package was, I got the same stupid scree that you see above :rolleyes:
It got caught up in the blizzard in Buffalo......

Top Bottom