RUBICAT Movin on UP to 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Sorry, got side tracked with some other work. Here's a couple of shots of the wheels installed on the new Coopers. I will post up pics of them mounted on Rubicat as soon as I can. :cool:

20170604174408-7eae0333.jpg

20170604174419-214f4add.jpg

They look awesome. Do I remember you posting quite some time ago that the Coopers were a little harder to mount than the Nittos? My Nittos were a piece of cake but I am making the switch to Coopers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again all, we're really happy with the way the look on Rubicat! :cool:

Love the look of that set up. Now that you have the 72" axle and higher back spaced wheels, do you worry about catching those front hubs at all? From all of the pictures they almost look like they are out just past the lock ring.

Nah. In the event we were to hit them, the Dynalocs are tough and I have little doubt they can handle the abuse.

I think it is time to get them dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is! Unfortunately, we've been out playing way more than we've been at home lately and I do need to catch up on a few things before we can head back out again. Hopefully, later on this week :yup:

They look awesome. Do I remember you posting quite some time ago that the Coopers were a little harder to mount than the Nittos? My Nittos were a piece of cake but I am making the switch to Coopers.

The 37x13.50R17 Cooper STT Pros are load range E and they were tough to install. These 40's are load range C and were a lot easier, just like our Nittos and Toyos before.

TRLJNKY

Rubicat looks sick! Moby has to start feeling like a veteran thats about to get washed out! Two very capable rigs.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

WJCO

Meme King
I know you have a bunch of free time on your hands and nothing better to do, so i would love to see a tire contact patch comparison showing how the new knuckles on the XD compare between Moby and Rubicat since they both have 40s now :D

GraniteCrystal

I know you have a bunch of free time on your hands and nothing better to do, so i would love to see a tire contact patch comparison showing how the new knuckles on the XD compare between Moby and Rubicat since they both have 40s now :D
Also curious about this. And how wheel size may effect it. Eddie mentioned tighter turn radius with 20" wheels. Would that affect scrub radius?

SDG

Caught the Bug
Also curious about this. And how wheel size may effect it. Eddie mentioned tighter turn radius with 20" wheels. Would that affect scrub radius?
No, he said it would let him go around corners faster, as in at speed. It's just less likely to roll a big sidewall at lower pressure.

Think about it, 20", 17", or 15" on a wheel with the same back spacing would mount the tire on the same center line, aka no change in turning radius.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looks great! I guess Rubicat had finally gotten out of puberty and caught up with his big brother, Moby. He's all grown up now.:)

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Thanks again all, we're really happy with the way the look on Rubicat! :cool:

Nah. In the event we were to hit them, the Dynalocs are tough and I have little doubt they can handle the abuse.

Yes it is! Unfortunately, we've been out playing way more than we've been at home lately and I do need to catch up on a few things before we can head back out again. Hopefully, later on this week :yup:

The 37x13.50R17 Cooper STT Pros are load range E and they were tough to install. These 40's are load range C and were a lot easier, just like our Nittos and Toyos before.

Thanks Eddie! Looking forward to trying the Coopers!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom