RUBICAT Movin on UP to 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice tires! How do they compare to toyo mt?

On the rocks, the Coopers hook up way better. In snow and ice, the Coopers are the best M/T I have ever run in those conditions. Nothing like a set of Duratracs but outstanding for an M/T. So far, wear is about the same if not a bit better on the Coopers. Not that the Coopers are loud but Toyo's are a bit more quite on pavement. Toyo's will also hold a turn better when bombing across the desert. If you're looking at a 40" tire, both tires are load range C.

TeamFaust

RubiCat looks AWESOME with those!! I've always liked the Coopers. I've run them on other vehicles (F250, Expedition) and always performed well. Likely the ticket for my next go round on the JKU.

aTX427

Do you guys typically purchase the road hazard certs Discount Tire and such on these high dollar tires?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do you guys typically purchase the road hazard certs Discount Tire and such on these high dollar tires?

Yup! Totally worth it. I recently punctured my sidewall and got a new one for the cost of the new tire warranty ($40). Sure as hell beats paying $360ish each time for a new tire.

JAGS

Hooked

Oh yeah - totally worth it.

Yup! Totally worth it. I recently punctured my sidewall and got a new one for the cost of the new tire warranty ($40). Sure as hell beats paying $360ish each time for a new tire.

What they said^^.

I just had a trail grap replaced no questions asked due to fluke rock puncturing the tread. At the time, it had 2500 miles on the tire.

Zephyr206

On the rocks, the Coopers hook up way better. In snow and ice, the Coopers are the best M/T I have ever run in those conditions. Nothing like a set of Duratracs but outstanding for an M/T. So far, wear is about the same if not a bit better on the Coopers. Not that the Coopers are loud but Toyo's are a bit more quite on pavement. Toyo's will also hold a turn better when bombing across the desert. If you're looking at a 40" tire, both tires are load range C.

Eddie, If I am daily driving 90+ miles per day, and I want a M/T, which would be your choice?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, If I am daily driving 90+ miles per day, and I want a M/T, which would be your choice?

Assuming you're asking about tread life, BFG MT's win it hands down. Of all the MT's I've run, I have found them to wear like iron. If you're okay with less tread life and are looking for a good all around MT that's good on the trails and relatively quite on pavement, I'd have to recommend Toyo MT's. While I love my Coopers, they are a bit more audible on pavement and it's still too soon to say how long they'll last.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Assuming you're asking about tread life, BFG MT's win it hands down. Of all the MT's I've run, I have found them to wear like iron. If you're okay with less tread life and are looking for a good all around MT that's good on the trails and relatively quite on pavement, I'd have to recommend Toyo MT's. While I love my Coopers, they are a bit more audible on pavement and it's still too soon to say how long they'll last.

How much life did you get out of your Nitto Mudgrapplers?

These things seem to be getting shaved down after every drive.

Also do you remember what PSI you ran them at?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How much life did you get out of your Nitto Mudgrapplers?

These things seem to be getting shaved down after every drive.

Also do you remember what PSI you ran them at?

I ran my 40" Mud Grapplers at about 26-28 psi but then, they were the 15.50's mounted on 20" wheels. I should note that they were a higher load range and different rubber compound as well - same as the Toyo's in that size. That being said, my 40x13.50 Toyos were pretty much the same tire as what you have now and they seemed to wear out a lot faster. I ran them at 30 psi.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I ran my 40" Mud Grapplers at about 26-28 psi but then, they were the 15.50's mounted on 20" wheels. I should note that they were a higher load range and different rubber compound as well - same as the Toyo's in that size. That being said, my 40x13.50 Toyos were pretty much the same tire as what you have now and they seemed to wear out a lot faster. I ran them at 30 psi.

Cool. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom