RUBICAT Movin on UP to 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicat looks sick! Moby has to start feeling like a veteran thats about to get washed out! Two very capable rigs.

LOL - tell me about it. Especially being that Moby is all laid up and out of commission right now :grayno:

I know you have a bunch of free time on your hands and nothing better to do, so i would love to see a tire contact patch comparison showing how the new knuckles on the XD compare between Moby and Rubicat since they both have 40s now :D

Sure, it should look about the same but yeah, that would be something worth doing. I'll try to get on it when I get a chance.

Also curious about this. And how wheel size may effect it. Eddie mentioned tighter turn radius with 20" wheels. Would that affect scrub radius?

No, he said it would let him go around corners faster, as in at speed. It's just less likely to roll a big sidewall at lower pressure.

Think about it, 20", 17", or 15" on a wheel with the same back spacing would mount the tire on the same center line, aka no change in turning radius.

What SDG said. Cindy and I do a lot of hard and fast driving and less sidewall allows us to take corners at a much higher rate of speed - on and off pavement. :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very clean. Nice Job! You going LS3 / 6L80 or L86 / 8L80?

Not so loud, Cindy might hear ya! :naw: :crazyeyes: :D

For now, we're just gonna stick with the 3.6L. Gotta a JL to buy once it comes out. Of course, we are getting close to 100k and she is burning oil so, you never know :icon_crazy:

Basscat

Not so loud, Cindy might hear ya! :naw: :crazyeyes: :D

For now, we're just gonna stick with the 3.6L. Gotta a JL to buy once it comes out. Of course, we are getting close to 100k and she is burning oil so, you never know :icon_crazy:

I know the feeling! But man you know either one of those was just made to go in that jeep! Curious when you BOTH decide.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
LOL - tell me about it. Especially being that Moby is all laid up and out of commission right now :grayno:

Sure, it should look about the same but yeah, that would be something worth doing. I'll try to get on it when I get a chance.

What SDG said. Cindy and I do a lot of hard and fast driving and less sidewall allows us to take corners at a much higher rate of speed - on and off pavement. :crazyeyes: :D
I have never known you guys to drive fast!

Hahaha....

Now there is the joke of the day!

kirstinthemermaid

Wow I am seriously salivating. Rubicat looks great. For one I love the Coopers, but 40's...Oh man that's a game changer. I can dream that one day I can join the 40's club :yup:

el_chupo_

Wow, those 40s make the 37s look a lot smaller than I thought they would, looking sick.

I probably missed the answer in the thread when you went to the new 60 on Rubicat, but what is the plan with the PR44 and 37s? Are you going to just be selling off, or do you plan on some upgrades to another one in the stable?

Jeep never saw a Renegade on 37s coming...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have never known you guys to drive fast!

Hahaha....

Now there is the joke of the day!

Us? Drive fast? :idontknow: :crazyeyes: :D

Wow, those 40s make the 37s look a lot smaller than I thought they would, looking sick.

I probably missed the answer in the thread when you went to the new 60 on Rubicat, but what is the plan with the PR44 and 37s? Are you going to just be selling off, or do you plan on some upgrades to another one in the stable?

Jeep never saw a Renegade on 37s coming...

Our old ProRock 44 is already accounted for but we will be selling our 37's.

Top Bottom