RUBICAT Movin on UP to 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

jesse3638

Hooked
Gonna be getting these in 37 once my KM2's wear out. They have 30k on them and still have around half tread left. It took me 5 years to get that far so at that rate it'll take me another 4-5 years...haha.

wjtstudios

Hooked
With all that said, all I have to do now is find some time break down a set of bead lock wheels and install Rubicat's new shoes! :icon_crazy:[/QUOTE]

Awesome new shoes! It's crazy how much bigger a 3" difference looks!

What tool have you found is best to break the bead when you are changing the tire on beadlocks?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Super stoked to see Rubicat getting upgrades. We ran some trails in Moab last week with JJK and his baddass JKU running these in a 40 and I was really impressed.

I totally agree, they hook up great - so much better than a lot of other tires I've run in the past especially in a place like Moab.

Those look awesome! Do you think they will be coming out with a 20" rim version?

For a 40? I honestly don't know. Well before they were released, Cooper did ask my opinion about wheel size and I did let them know that 20 would be a better fit but everyone is running 17's these days. They do offer a 20 for the 37's.

Wow the 40s look huge next to the 37s! Excited to see them mounted up!

That's just short of amazing. Don't throw out your back mounting those monsters! [emoji13]

Those look freaking awesome! I cannot wait to seem them installed but from what I read about bead locks I do not envy the job ahead of you. :crazyeyes:

Seems like Cindy and or I have been breaking down and installing beadlocks a lot lately but it never gets easier or fun. But, you do what ya gotta do when you want to run new tires :crazyeyes:

SWEET!! Man I'm in need of tires soon and I'm loving the coopers.

Sweet! I'll be due for a set of tires here soon. The Coopers are number one on my list!

Honestly, you won't be disappointed with these Coopers :yup:

Can't wait to see what the SAI and tire scrub looks like with the combo of the new knuckles, wheels, and the 40's!!!

Well, the XD60 with PRO 1550's are made for 40's so it should be a good fit :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! Those tires look so big compared to 37s. Can't wait to see them installed

The last picture in the first post, that tire makes the spare look like it belongs on a go-cart.

:cheesy: We do have a few miles on our 37's but these new 40's really do look a LOT bigger. :crazyeyes:

Gonna be getting these in 37 once my KM2's wear out. They have 30k on them and still have around half tread left. It took me 5 years to get that far so at that rate it'll take me another 4-5 years...haha.

BFG's do wear like iron!

Awesome!!! knew it was only a matter of time :thumb:

They were always in the works and yes, it was just a matter of time before Rubicat got up on 40's :yup:

Awesome new shoes! It's crazy how much bigger a 3" difference looks!

What tool have you found is best to break the bead when you are changing the tire on beadlocks?

You mean separate the tire from the wheel? Ideally, finding a shop that will do it for you is the best bet but in a pinch, a couple of long screw drivers or small pry bars and a bucket works will get the job done.

Congrats! Gotta feel good that rubicat is set up for 40s to begin with.

Well, she wasn't always set for 40's but she definitely is now :yup:

Congrats on the 40's! She's all grown up.

Well, she's ready to grow up but probably won't be there till this weekend :crazyeyes:

RKJK10

IMG_3856.jpg

So far I really like mine as well. Haven't had the chance to try them off road yet but I'm amazed by the ride quality of a tire that size on road.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Question. Do you adjust your coil overs, when you go that much larger? Can't you raise the height? Excuse me if that sounds silly, but I don't know much about coil overs.

Top Bottom