Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Is that the float bowl? What's up with all the corrosion?

It is. It sat empty all winter,(or so I thought) then I found out when I first tried to run it. There was water in the tank. I think some had made its way into the carb also then evaporated. I also dumped out about a sugar spoon of fine sand /dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used a blast cabinet with baking soda on a vintage motorcycle carb I was rebuilding it was amazing how it looked after I was done. The baking soda doesn’t hurt any of the parts and works awesome. If I have any old pictures I’ll post them.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Added some storage to free up floor space in the shop. Get some of the tools and parts I don’t use very often up and out of the way. I tied them into the joists, shouldn’t have a weight issue.
IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg IMG_0711.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I need permission to steal that idea Doug

Go for it :thumb:

2x4 on the back wall into the studs. Bench is an 8 foot 2x8 cut in half then fastened together to make a wider sitting area. Legs are 4x4. Corners rounded because I know we'll hit our knees there. Main reason for doing this is that the kids always sat on that entry step while putting shoes on and blocked the entry way. 20 bucks in lumber.

IMG_20190706_211231_868.jpg

IMG_20190706_211250_780.jpg

IMG_20190706_211328_614.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Filler vale went bad in the toilet. Went to Home Depot and while overwhelmed with the selection of different ones. I was sold as soon as I saw this one. Didn’t even look at the price [emoji38], grabbed it and walked out.
[emoji631]

IMG_9462.jpg

I like my toilet parts like my Jeep parts.

Last edited:

RCVRY

Looks great.

Thanks! My tomato and pepper plants were a little root bound but hopefully they’ll take to their new home. I’m a little late getting them transplanted but was a little late getting them started too. Started from seed end of March in 6” pots.
I really like the peat soil I found. Used 16 yards blended with 3 yards of Purple Cow activated compost. Supposed to be good stuff.
Hopefully I’ll have enough to share with the neighborhood!

Slimebones

Your kids are a real treat! FYI:. if you haven't finished the walls yet, you might consider using this waferboard instead of drywall. Let's you put nails or screws anywhere you want and can't be detected if you screw up!
You can even change your mind as you go or in the future without leaving visible holes.
Finished insulating the garage and had the kids help. Hopefully they learned something....

View attachment 329546

View attachment 329547

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Finished and planted.
View attachment 330375 View attachment 330376 View attachment 330377 View attachment 330378 View attachment 330379

I’ll be putting Fall broccoli and cauliflower in the corners and fill in with some carrots and stuff. 🥕🥦[emoji534]

A Bloody Mary garden kit! We just got a generator like that at my shop/office last Friday, which is at my parents house so win win for them [emoji106]

Top Bottom