Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
And an additional side note here. I think a lot of people are absolutely oblivious to this stuff. I work in a large medical device manufacturer. And I regularly hear people leave a stall and walk right the fuck out the bathroom without washing their hands. I really wish there were cameras so I knew who those disgusting fucks were so I could avoid them... Of all places you would think they would have the self awareness to wash here.

That's just plain disgusting, coronavirus or not.....

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
My work employs 15k and as of 3/3, if you are exposed to the virus, or have visited a level 2 or level 3 advisory area, you must observe a mandatory 14 day quarantine from the offices.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My wife works at a prominent university here in NM. I can see asking workers to take precautions however, spring break is coming up. Will the university be able to restrict travel to all its students? Of course not. It seems inevitable that the virus will find its way onto the university campus and in all likelihood probably is already there. I'm also a teacher at a public school that is currently open. It's nearly impossible to not be in contact with people when you work with the public.
We are still conflicted about going on the trip to Vegas. There's a few good points brought up in this thread, specifically about considering the welfare of others. I'm not concerned about recovery for me per se, but I have a mom in her late 70s and a six month old niece. I probably wont visit either of them when I get back, just as a precaution. But like I said, I work with the public and so I'm already at a high risk. Time to go wash my hands.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My wife works at a prominent university here in NM. I can see asking workers to take precautions however, spring break is coming up. Will the university be able to restrict travel to all its students? Of course not. It seems inevitable that the virus will find its way onto the university campus and in all likelihood probably is already there.

^ This. My nephew is at Baylor. Sounds like Florida is their chosen place for spring break this year. I'm sure a lot of kids will also be going to Texas from other schools, to Lake Havasu in Arizona, and to a number of different destinations south of the boarder. We all know that the entire goal of spring break is fluid exchange. Lol.

The number of confirmed cases is about to go through the roof, and all of those little horny bastards are going to bring that shit back with them to school (and then to their families during the next trip home.)

In sum, we are fucked. Time to log out and go get some TP.

fiend

Caught the Bug
My wife works at a prominent university here in NM. I can see asking workers to take precautions however, spring break is coming up. Will the university be able to restrict travel to all its students? Of course not. It seems inevitable that the virus will find its way onto the university campus and in all likelihood probably is already there. I'm also a teacher at a public school that is currently open. It's nearly impossible to not be in contact with people when you work with the public.
We are still conflicted about going on the trip to Vegas. There's a few good points brought up in this thread, specifically about considering the welfare of others. I'm not concerned about recovery for me per se, but I have a mom in her late 70s and a six month old niece. I probably wont visit either of them when I get back, just as a precaution. But like I said, I work with the public and so I'm already at a high risk. Time to go wash my hands.

Interesting perspective here from a doctor in Europe.

https://apple.news/AzwFk-LX9SCy75Oa9JAlG-g

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I’m not sure why this happens on the mainland, but in Hawaii, whenever there is an emergency like an impending hurricane, toilet paper and rice disappear...because we have to ship it in. For the Coronavirus, I just don’t get it...hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes, I get it...but toilet paper?

I know, right? I think part of the mentality behind buying extra amounts of t.p. is just because everyone is doing it. There was an independent reporter interviewing people at the store regarding the crazy amount of t.p. people were buying and when he asked people why they were doing it, 70% were doing just because they saw others doing it. When he asked them if they were concerned about the virus, many stated they weren't really worried about it. Go figure.

Brute

Hooked

^ This. My nephew is at Baylor. Sounds like Florida is their chosen place for spring break this year. I'm sure a lot of kids will also be going to Texas from other schools, to Lake Havasu in Arizona, and to a number of different destinations south of the boarder. We all know that the entire goal of spring break is fluid exchange. Lol.

The number of confirmed cases is about to go through the roof, and all of those little horny bastards are going to bring that shit back with them to school (and then to their families during the next trip home.)

In sum, we are fucked. Time to log out and go get some TP.

I’m still near the Seattle area for another day...the WA Gov just closed all public schools in the Seattle district...UDUB has closed the campus and are conducting classes online until further notice...they predict the number of infected in the greater Seattle area alone to reach 250k, and may reach 40-50 million in the US...with a fatality rate between .5-1.0 percent...

Brute

Hooked
That was interesting.

Changed my outlook on some things.

If nothing else, it's a good excuse to skip work.

People are making the mistake of comparing this with normal influenza...it is not the same thing...it is ten times more fatal...if 40 million people get it in this country alone, well...do the math

fiend

Caught the Bug
People are making the mistake of comparing this with normal influenza...it is not the same thing...it is ten times more fatal...if 40 million people get it in this country alone, well...do the math

Well it may solve the little problem of Social Security running out of money.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
That's just plain disgusting, coronavirus or not.....

I had to reprimand an engineer at a previous employer cause he had his laptop and paperwork on the floor in a stall... Not making this shit up.

And I did make a stupid statement early in this thread. I'm the type if someone tells me I can't do something I have to do it... I'm a 15 yo stuck in a 37 yos body.

Would i really travel to a concert right now? No. Cause your going to get stuck. And if you do you should expect you got corona until you know you don't... Give it a few days watch for symptoms. Atnd watch what risk groups you interact with a few days.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I’m still near the Seattle area for another day...the WA Gov just closed all public schools in the Seattle district...UDUB has closed the campus and are conducting classes online until further notice...they predict the number of infected in the greater Seattle area alone to reach 250k, and may reach 40-50 million in the US...with a fatality rate between .5-1.0 percent...

Shutting down schools is the best way to slow this. Question is how long to get enough saturation you won't kill healthcare when they go back.

I have 3 kids and they are god damn petri dishes. Luckily I've had most of the shit and a little immune memory.

Brute

Hooked
No spectators at March Madness...Summer Olympics in Tokyo most likely postponed at least a year...NBA crowds going through the floor...opening day for MLB weeks away...serious revenue stream being choked...

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I’m not really convinced by any of the numbers that anyone is putting out there. I think it is too soon to make any kind of “apples-to-apples” comparison because we have no real clue how many people have been infected. If they don’t have a realistic count of how many people have been infected, how can they statistically opine on the mortality rate?

If they say X percent of Y people who test positive will die, that number is meaningless to me without knowing how many people have the virus but never get sick enough to even get tested. (I fully recognize that that same issue exists with reporting related to the flu)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
I've been consuming toilet paper and sanitizer since yesterday based on the news I've watched and honestly I'm feeling worse than I did before I watched the news. Not sure how it's working so well for other people.

Elroy231

I've been consuming toilet paper and sanitizer since yesterday based on the news I've watched and honestly I'm feeling worse than I did before I watched the news. Not sure how it's working so well for other people.
This alone made my day! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom