Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
i agree from the stand point that you should not worry too much about the infection's effects at that age. but, that mentality also means many people won't take proper precautions and continue to spread the virus. you shouldn't worry about the effects on yourself. but, you should worry about the potential affects on your parents, friends, etc.

WASH YOUR HANDS. ISOLATE IF ANY SYMPTOMS OCCUR.

Ohh I agree 100% with what you just said. And wasn't implying if you get it and you're young to just keep going about your life.

I get flu shots. Not because I'm worried about flu, but to keep up herd immunity to protect the elderly and those that cannot get flu shots.

Had a sore throat Monday and took a sick day just in case. Luckily it went away (I drove around Sunday with the top off and it wasn't quite warm enough here, sure that did it).

Primo82

Caught the Bug
i agree from the stand point that you should not worry too much about the infection's effects at that age. but, that mentality also means many people won't take proper precautions and continue to spread the virus. you shouldn't worry about the effects on yourself. but, you should worry about the potential affects on your parents, friends, etc.

WASH YOUR HANDS. ISOLATE IF ANY SYMPTOMS OCCUR.

And an additional side note here. I think a lot of people are absolutely oblivious to this stuff. I work in a large medical device manufacturer. And I regularly hear people leave a stall and walk right the fuck out the bathroom without washing their hands. I really wish there were cameras so I knew who those disgusting fucks were so I could avoid them... Of all places you would think they would have the self awareness to wash here.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Some of the stuff being posted on here is a bit naive. Comparisons to the common flu and how many people it kills yearly aren’t rationale . Common flu kills way more to date - yes . So do car accidents . They don’t do so by putting large percentages of infected into hospitals with pneumonia, spreading quickly due to being highly contagious, not being noticeable because of long incubation periods often without symptoms, and overwhelming health systems .

Short post from a friend in friend of a friend in Asia :

“Aussie mates, and truthfully mates anywhere. A lot of people are still pushing this idea of coronavirus either being not that serious, or that 'it's just going to infect everyone, there's nothing we can do'. Both of these statements are very wrong.

We've been dealing with it for months now in Asia, and there is overwhelming evidence communities that take hygiene measures, social distancing and isolations very seriously are having a completely different experience with the disease. The virus is also similar to the Spanish flu of 1918 and there are case studies which establish that early adoption of these measures had a huge impact on the path of the disease city by city. This is how we lower the rate of infection and cause the disease to die out.

Case in point, Taiwan was one of the earliest countries to be hit, and yet it's had only 47 cases, 17 of which have recovered. Hong Kong's had 121 of which 59 have recovered and Singapore's had 166 of which 73 have recovered.

The disease may die out within 12 months, but what happens between now and then is everything that matters. Forget about the death rate, it's the 20% of cases that need serious hospitalisation which will impact everyone who needs medical care in the next 12 months. Cancer patients can't get help in certain cities.

There's a hospital in Italy where 600 people with pneumonia turned up and they had no where to put them. All of the medical staff were tied up dealing with the existing Covid-19 patients. There are 16 million people there in lockdown and Italy's economy may never recover from this year.

Wash your hands like you're about to perform surgery as often as you can. Stay away from publicly touched surfaces and physically distance yourself from people (think 1 metre, and don't shake hands). Use disinfectant on surfaces which are touched in your house, and avoid places where people are in close contact. Even if you don't think you'll get sick, do it so that everyone around you is faced with a new standard that pressures them to do the same.

Ignore the current counts being published by the WHO. It is already in the community, we are not testing broadly enough. And this thing is vastly more contagious than the common cold. A live show in Osaka with 100 people had 40 walk out infected.

It's an insane thing to live through but you can absolutely make a difference for your community by taking it seriously - now - and in doing so get the people around you to as well.”

Social distancing is responsible if only because it could slow the spread and buy valuable time for us to prepare our health systems, add respirators, stockpile medical supplies, and research vaccines.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, I’m a healthcare provider. I suppose that makes me naive...

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Attachments

• EA936974-9460-4522-ABFC-2DB2FB92B4A8.jpg
    EA936974-9460-4522-ABFC-2DB2FB92B4A8.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 20BA59A6-F2F4-4794-A176-148F105EC412.jpg
    20BA59A6-F2F4-4794-A176-148F105EC412.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 0157CFD9-C188-4008-817C-238F3E1D78EB.jpg
    0157CFD9-C188-4008-817C-238F3E1D78EB.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 168

Brute

Hooked
It’s highly contagious, and it’s new. It overwhelms healthcare facilities wherever it blooms...and 5000 people in the US have it and don’t know it...

It is and will be a major disruption to our economy and our lives for a short time...and it will become integrated into our cyclical pathogen exposure on an annual basis from this time on...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I lifted this from Bubba Bryan...

Attachments

• A8953A76-88E3-404E-A8C2-B91011449A08.jpeg
    A8953A76-88E3-404E-A8C2-B91011449A08.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 171

littlebeas

Anyone self quarantined?

Hopefully this raise in awareness will help bring an end to the scourge on humanity that has been accelerating as of late. I am talking of course about old people in public, specifically restaurants, loudly blowing their nose. When TF did that become a socially acceptable thing? Everyone is out to enjoy a nice meal and the oldie at table 5 is conjuring up a snot rocket from the extreme depths of their respiratory tract. Old people today have no respect for anything 🤬.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Hopefully this raise in awareness will help bring an end to the scourge on humanity that has been accelerating as of late. I am talking of course about old people in public, specifically restaurants, loudly blowing their nose. When TF did that become a socially acceptable thing? Everyone is out to enjoy a nice meal and the oldie at table 5 is conjuring up a snot rocket from the extreme depths of their respiratory tract. Old people today have no respect for anything 🤬.

They're just trying to take as many millennials with them as they can

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just went to Home Depot & White Cap construction supply to buy water & Dust masks for the jobsite... Nothing. People seriously need to turn off the TV. [emoji849]

TrailHunter

Hooked
I have a couple cases. $150 a piece shipped.

Lol.. Vons had water... I loaded up 5 cases like I usually do, once a week for the jobsite... they made me put 3 back... limit 2 per customer. I felt like I was buying beer at the baseball stadium.. gotta bring people with me now. [emoji849]

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
My wife bought me tickets to see Billy Idol in Vegas a few months ago. The concert is this Saturday and her boss is giving her shit about us flying to Vegas and going to the show due to Coronavirus. He says she might have to stay home for two weeks upon return. Anyone else running into this at their workplace? No, she doesn’t work at a nursing home btw or with the elderly.

My work employs 15k and as of 3/3, if you are exposed to the virus, or have visited a level 2 or level 3 advisory area, you must observe a mandatory 14 day quarantine from the offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom