Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I’m more than likely going to die from this. I haven’t even looked at the symptoms or given a shit to see what to avoid.

I meet a dozen people a day at work. I’m in and out of their houses all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I’m more than likely going to die from this. I haven’t even looked at the symptoms or given a shit to see what to avoid.

I meet a dozen people a day at work. I’m in and out of their houses all day long.

Assuming you aren't an octogenarian or immuno-compromised you are going to be fine. It'll be like having a cold...

Primo82

Caught the Bug
My wife bought me tickets to see Billy Idol in Vegas a few months ago. The concert is this Saturday and her boss is giving her shit about us flying to Vegas and going to the show due to Coronavirus. He says she might have to stay home for two weeks upon return. Anyone else running into this at their workplace? No, she doesn’t work at a nursing home btw or with the elderly.

If my boss told me this I'd tell him to eat a dick, this is America, he cannot tell you how to live your life.

That being said I probably wouldn't travel right now... I think everyone is going to get sick, it's spreading through communities. So there's no stopping it. But if there's a huge outbreak in vegas when you are there the airports may shut down and your weekend stay may get extended...

Andy5160

Hooked
NY state going nuts. Governor declared state of emergency and sent National Guard to set up one mile perimeter and assist health care providers in one area where there are 108 cases.
To the OP I would probably seat it out not because of the virus but rather travel complications that might occur.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure he has multiple versions of syphilis, does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

HAHAHA! That would probably count as immuno-compromised. I'm sure slowly going crazy is fun and all but may be worth taking some anitbiotics before the coronaplague comes through!

Brute

Hooked
Can someone please explain to me why there is a run on TP? I just don’t see the correlation to a pandemic.

If society quarantines itself and essential services completely stop because nobody is going to work, that would include municipal sewer systems. You wouldn’t be able to flush the five thousand rolls of TP stocked to the ceiling in your garage.

I can somewhat understand bottled water if there is a fear that domestic water service would stop. I could also understand stocking up on non-perishable food...but stocking up on asswipe?!?

I’m not sure why this happens on the mainland, but in Hawaii, whenever there is an emergency like an impending hurricane, toilet paper and rice disappear...because we have to ship it in. For the Coronavirus, I just don’t get it...hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes, I get it...but toilet paper?

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Going to avoid the whole toilet paper shortage and just buy a bedet, because guess what is not out of stock on Amazon.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I feel like I'm missing something. Just look up the common flu deaths just in 2019 and no one even thought about it. Maybe because it started in China?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Some of the stuff being posted on here is a bit naive. Comparisons to the common flu and how many people it kills yearly aren’t rationale . Common flu kills way more to date - yes . So do car accidents . They don’t do so by putting large percentages of infected into hospitals with pneumonia, spreading quickly due to being highly contagious, not being noticeable because of long incubation periods often without symptoms, and overwhelming health systems .

Short post from a friend in friend of a friend in Asia :

“Aussie mates, and truthfully mates anywhere. A lot of people are still pushing this idea of coronavirus either being not that serious, or that 'it's just going to infect everyone, there's nothing we can do'. Both of these statements are very wrong.

We've been dealing with it for months now in Asia, and there is overwhelming evidence communities that take hygiene measures, social distancing and isolations very seriously are having a completely different experience with the disease. The virus is also similar to the Spanish flu of 1918 and there are case studies which establish that early adoption of these measures had a huge impact on the path of the disease city by city. This is how we lower the rate of infection and cause the disease to die out.

Case in point, Taiwan was one of the earliest countries to be hit, and yet it's had only 47 cases, 17 of which have recovered. Hong Kong's had 121 of which 59 have recovered and Singapore's had 166 of which 73 have recovered.

The disease may die out within 12 months, but what happens between now and then is everything that matters. Forget about the death rate, it's the 20% of cases that need serious hospitalisation which will impact everyone who needs medical care in the next 12 months. Cancer patients can't get help in certain cities.

There's a hospital in Italy where 600 people with pneumonia turned up and they had no where to put them. All of the medical staff were tied up dealing with the existing Covid-19 patients. There are 16 million people there in lockdown and Italy's economy may never recover from this year.

Wash your hands like you're about to perform surgery as often as you can. Stay away from publicly touched surfaces and physically distance yourself from people (think 1 metre, and don't shake hands). Use disinfectant on surfaces which are touched in your house, and avoid places where people are in close contact. Even if you don't think you'll get sick, do it so that everyone around you is faced with a new standard that pressures them to do the same.

Ignore the current counts being published by the WHO. It is already in the community, we are not testing broadly enough. And this thing is vastly more contagious than the common cold. A live show in Osaka with 100 people had 40 walk out infected.

It's an insane thing to live through but you can absolutely make a difference for your community by taking it seriously - now - and in doing so get the people around you to as well.”

Social distancing is responsible if only because it could slow the spread and buy valuable time for us to prepare our health systems, add respirators, stockpile medical supplies, and research vaccines.

PokerStogey

I can't believe I survived the WEST NILE outbreak of '02, SARS of '03, E COLI of '06, SWINE FLU of '09, EBOLA of '14, ZIKA of '16 and MEASLES of 2019 all just so I can die from the CORONAVIRUS outbreak of 2020... dammit

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Some of the stuff being posted on here is a bit naive. Comparisons to the common flu and how many people it kills yearly aren’t rationale . Common flu kills way more to date - yes . So do car accidents . They don’t do so by putting large percentages of infected into hospitals with pneumonia, spreading quickly due to being highly contagious, not being noticeable because of long incubation periods often without symptoms, and overwhelming health systems ....

You are correct, the biggest risk to the US is that this spreads like wildfire and inundates health care facilities. The US also has a very high rate of heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, etc due to our piss poor health habits... Which will increase the likelihood of severe cases. Quarantines, self quarantines, keeping distance in social situations, regularly washing hands, and using hand sanitizer will help reduce the rate of spread. Reducing the number of simultaneous cases. And reduce the number of simultaneous cases requiring medical care.

If you are in one of the high risk categories you should absolutely be practicing all the practices the CDC and healthcare professionals are recommending. If you know someone in that situation you should probably avoid face to face situations to not risk spreading the disease to them.

But if you are healthy, young, and worrying you should stop worrying... You aren't in the high risk category. And if you think you can hide in a bunker for 3 months and avoid this I've got bad news for you. Most likely this is a new seasonal bug and it'll be there when you get out...

Elroy231

If you smoke your high risk. If your obese your high risk. If your elderly your high risk. Combinations of these make you a higher risk.
So far in other countries the fatalities have been higher in these groups than in other types.
We cant avoid this. One should exercise caution when in public places. Wash your hands. Dont touch your face or eyes.
As has been stated some basic hygiene practices go a long way.
Good luck Team. Let's stay healthy. Lots of jeepin to do yet!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

You are correct, the biggest risk to the US is that this spreads like wildfire and inundates health care facilities. The US also has a very high rate of heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, etc due to our piss poor health habits... Which will increase the likelihood of severe cases. Quarantines, self quarantines, keeping distance in social situations, regularly washing hands, and using hand sanitizer will help reduce the rate of spread. Reducing the number of simultaneous cases. And reduce the number of simultaneous cases requiring medical care.

If you are in one of the high risk categories you should absolutely be practicing all the practices the CDC and healthcare professionals are recommending. If you know someone in that situation you should probably avoid face to face situations to not risk spreading the disease to them.

But if you are healthy, young, and worrying you should stop worrying... You aren't in the high risk category. And if you think you can hide in a bunker for 3 months and avoid this I've got bad news for you. Most likely this is a new seasonal bug and it'll be there when you get out...

i agree from the stand point that you should not worry too much about the infection's effects at that age. but, that mentality also means many people won't take proper precautions and continue to spread the virus. you shouldn't worry about the effects on yourself. but, you should worry about the potential affects on your parents, friends, etc.

WASH YOUR HANDS. ISOLATE IF ANY SYMPTOMS OCCUR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom