And so it Begins... the 392

Why1504

Caught the Bug
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
the only part I need to source is the connector at the body. It looks like a Molex but I am not sure. If you pull yours out if you can post some good pictures wher I can pull the numbers I will see what I can do. I tried to take some photos but I couldn’t get a clear enough picture to read the numbers. Once I have that, building the harness will be a piece of cake.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the only part I need to source is the connector at the body. It looks like a Molex but I am not sure. If you pull yours out if you can post some good pictures wher I can pull the numbers I will see what I can do. I tried to take some photos but I couldn’t get a clear enough picture to read the numbers. Once I have that, building the harness will be a piece of cake.
This is the connector on the body side.
IMG_5054.jpeg IMG_5055.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good. Mine came with those isolators too and it’s pretty bad on the passenger side. They’re trying to figure it out for me.
So, to be fair, I talked to them at length before pulling the trigger on the kit being that the 392 is a lot heavier than a 3.6L. In the end, they decided that the diesel coils would work as it is a heavier engine and the rate would be heavier. I have to wonder if that's what made the difference. And, it's not like I don't have any bow as it's nearly impossible to not have it with this much lift but it's far from being what I would call significant or bad.

So, to be fair, I talked to them at length before pulling the trigger on the kit being that the 392 is a lot heavier than a 3.6L. In the end, they decided that the diesel coils would work as it is a heavier engine and the rate would be heavier. I have to wonder if that's what made the difference. And, it's not like I don't have any bow as it's nearly impossible to not have it with this much lift but it's far from being what I would call significant or bad.
Awesome, I’m glad it’s working for you! Watch them once they settle, that’s when mine went south.

kevman65

Hooked
Ok. Just to confirm it looks like the numbers are as follows:
706-333. 1.81
PA66GF25
807-378

Are there any markings on the back side?
am I reading these correctly?
68320346AB, he's showing you the part tag in second picture.

The whole harness can be had for $23.

Why1504

Caught the Bug

68320346AB, he's showing you the part tag in second picture.

The whole harness can be had for $23.
Today I have been thinking about this. Certainly if this would work then it would be the easiest to just buy the harness and cut it down for just the license plate lights (and this was my plan). My Jeep has collision sensors on the bumper. I need to figure out what the part number is for the 392 harness with the parking sensors. If it is not much more expensive that would be the way to go. Then use the Tazer to disable the backup collision sensors. While this may work, I wonder if it would set off a bunch of error codes. I need to think about that one. Maybe one of you can advise here.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
I crawled up under my 392 today and took a photo of the harness tag (with collision sensors) if you zoom in you can see the part number is P68414891AB I searched for this number with no success Maybe one of you guys can figure out what this harness costs and if it is available IMG_6195.jpeg

duktrx

I crawled up under my 392 today and took a photo of the harness tag (with collision sensors) if you zoom in you can see the part number is P68414891AB I searched for this number with no success Maybe one of you guys can figure out what this harness costs and if it is available View attachment 389765

$45+ shipping

trailraider

Chrysler TPMS can be a PITA. If you have the programmer that plugs in to the OBD you should be able to write them to the vehicle. Then you will still need to drive it above 25mph for 20min or more. Theoretically as long as they are the correct mhz (most likely 433mhz) it supposed to be a “drive to reset” vehicle but I have had several that took multiple tries to get them to read. Also make sure your scanner is set for a 5 tire system not 4. To add to the fun sometimes it will pick up the spare instead of one of the rears and give you a duplicate sensor message. When you do the re learn pull it out of the shop away from your other Jeeps so it doesn’t pick up one off another vehicle. Good times!
It depends on the type of sensor and programmer . Chrysler O.E sensors are all install and drive, but a lot of dealers use the Magnetti Marelli ones as they are universal and cheaper , those need to be programmed. most indipendent shops have the Autel programmers and that won't work on the Magnetti/schrader sensors and vise versa.

benatc1

Hooked
I’m 6’4” 270, feel tight in any of the Jeeps I’ve had, but certainly don’t care. Only really notice it when I’m driving my truck a lot, which is obviously a lot bigger inside, and then jump in there, and it’s like damn this is tight, but typically get used to it by the time I get down the street. Tough part is Jeeps don't leave a lot of room for family/life stuff.

Brute

Hooked
I’m 6’4” 270, feel tight in any of the Jeeps I’ve had, but certainly don’t care. Only really notice it when I’m driving my truck a lot, which is obviously a lot bigger inside, and then jump in there, and it’s like damn this is tight, but typically get used to it by the time I get down the street. Tough part is Jeeps don't leave a lot of room for family/life stuff.
I can fit myself and all the fishing and camping gear I need...sometimes it's nice to be old...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's really funny is that old Jeeps, as in an old Willys, they were made to be a one size fits all. No seat adjustments, no recliner, no tracks to push you back and a big ass steering wheel to help you to use arm leverage to turn it around. And, I should tell you that even for me, it feels kind of on the small side and I can't imagine how anyone bigger could have ever driven one. LOL

benatc1

Hooked
What's really funny is that old Jeeps, as in an old Willys, they were made to be a one size fits all. No seat adjustments, no recliner, no tracks to push you back and a big ass steering wheel to help you to use arm leverage to turn it around. And, I should tell you that even for me, it feels kind of on the small side and I can't imagine how anyone bigger could have ever driven one. LOL
All about what you’re willing to tolerate lol

Top Bottom