And so it Begins... the 392

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say, Cindy and I have been loving our 392 Jeep Wrangler so much just as is, we've been reluctant to do anything to it. Hell, we haven't even taken off the end caps on the front bumper and they've always been the first thing to go. That said, it is a Jeep and I'd be lying if I said that the struggle wasn't real - that resistance is futile. Needless to say, we just took delivery of the first of our very first mod to come...

20230329115328-30d6458a.jpg

Post Lift Install Pics
KC ERA 4 Combo Lights Installed
LUX Rock Light Installed
Initial Impressions - Post Lift & Tire Install

:cool:

Last edited:
I have to say, Cindy and I have been loving our 392 Jeep Wrangler so much just as is, we've been reluctant to do anything to it. Hell, we haven't even taken off the end caps on the front bumper and they've always been the first thing to go. That said, it is a Jeep and I'd be lying if I said that the struggle wasn't real - that resistance is futile. Needless to say, we just took delivery of the first of our very first mod to come...

20230329115328-30d6458a.jpg

:cool:
Haha! I see 38s so we’re also looking at a decent lift as well. 🤔

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, if I could keep the factory wheels, I would but rings just don't exist and there's no real idea of when they will be. I mean, I'll still keep them just in case things change but for now, I've already got my eyes on new wheels. With that said, the ones that are speaking to me the most right now are the Dirty Life 9303 DT-1 - BEADLOCK wheels as they look a lot like the factory 392 wheels.
DIRTYLIFE9303MG1.png
You do have to buy the rings separately and that does make them more expensive than a good set of KMC's and being that I've never run a set, I wasn't sure how well they will actually hold up.

My other option is to just get a set of KMC Grenade Crawls as I really like them on the Gladiator and I know how thick their rings are and how well they work.
kmc.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Very cool, looking fwd to seeing it all come together, those dirty life wheels would look great, but hard to argue with the KMCs.

CalSgt

Hooked
Isn't there a beadlock wheel Mfg in Carson City? I've been curious to hear if they're worth a damn.

kevman65

Hooked
I have DT-1's, I have a word of advice for you.

Throw away the bolts they send you and source some quality ones or go stainless steel.
Their anodizing sucks, the bolt heads rust quite easily.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yeah, if I could keep the factory wheels, I would but rings just don't exist and there's no real idea of when they will be. I mean, I'll still keep them just in case things change but for now, I've already got my eyes on new wheels. With that said, the ones that are speaking to me the most right now are the Dirty Life 9303 DT-1 - BEADLOCK wheels as they look a lot like the factory 392 wheels.
View attachment 386979
You do have to buy the rings separately and that does make them more expensive than a good set of KMC's and being that I've never run a set, I wasn't sure how well they will actually hold up.

My other option is to just get a set of KMC Grenade Crawls as I really like them on the Gladiator and I know how thick their rings are and how well they work.
View attachment 386980
I have the dirty life wheels on my granite JKUR, although I didn’t spend the extra on the real rings. It’s my middle son’s vehicle and he isn’t airing down and wheeling hard. I painted the rings myself and, so far, the wheels have held up great. No complaints.
D1DE12DF-A5B6-42E8-BFD0-8FD636DA5F5A.jpeg

Top Bottom