15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I think the paint finish looks good like that. Plus, easy to touch up.

Thanks and yea it does. Got a couple scratches putting the final cage back in.

So I finally got everything re-installed. Glad to have my Jeep back. Genright gave me the incorrect hardware for the rear seat belt retractors so I gotta get to Ace for a couple nuts. I think it turned out pretty good. Just have some cosmetic stuff to work on over time in regards to the trim. Here’s a few pics.

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Looking good! I imagine that is a heavy sob as a whole getting back in place

Thanks. It’s heavy but luckily I installed an electric hoist in my garage for taking off the hardtop. So I used that to remove and install the cage. :thumb:

That looks really good. Nice job. [emoji1360]

Looks awesome! Subscribed [emoji106]

Thanks guys.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Swapped out my PSC Big Bore XD box with the XD-II box. Steering is much smoother now. I’ll do the upgraded pump in the future but with Moab coming up in April, I don’t want to have too many new, untested parts on the Jeep. The new box is quite a bit larger than the old. Also makes it a little harder to lift it into place.

IMG_2875.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Swapped out my PSC Big Bore XD box with the XD-II box. Steering is much smoother now. I’ll do the upgraded pump in the future but with Moab coming up in April, I don’t want to have too many new, untested parts on the Jeep. The new box is quite a bit larger than the old. Also makes it a little harder to lift it into place.

View attachment 296003

Smart! Looks good!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Picked this thing up today to start messing around with. Still hunting for a good deal on a front. Thinking I’ll probably get around to swapping next winter most likely.

IMG_4349.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Started dinking around with this 14 bolt tonight after a couple beers. It turned out to be in pretty good shape. Only issue I found was it looks like slight leaks on the axle seals. Especially the passenger side. No big deal since I planned on new bearings and seals all the way around. May stick with the existing calipers since they also seem to be in pretty good shape. I guess it’s time to start ordering up a few parts. But here’s a couple pics.

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Finished up the hubs on the 14b. Well except for one bearing that RockAuto shorted me. That should be here tomorrow.

Chucked up in the lathe checking run out before turning down for tone rings.

IMG_4424.jpg

I was surprised how much the castings differed. I had the runout at 2 thou and when I started the lathe it was wobbling pretty good. I though I screwed something up but it was just how it was cast. The second one didn’t wobble near as much.

IMG_4427.jpg

The Artec tone rings look nice but they weren’t perfectly round which made getting the fit right a little tricky. I took the average of the high and low plus .005 for the hub dimension.

IMG_4425.jpg

Having a bearing warmer was helpful too. :thumb:

IMG_4426.jpg

Painted, installed bearings and seals and also pressed in SAE studs since the factory ones were metric.

IMG_4488.jpg

I think my next step will be the shave. Seriously looking forward to that! 🤪

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Started dinking around with this 14 bolt tonight after a couple beers. It turned out to be in pretty good shape. Only issue I found was it looks like slight leaks on the axle seals. Especially the passenger side. No big deal since I planned on new bearings and seals all the way around. May stick with the existing calipers since they also seem to be in pretty good shape. I guess it’s time to start ordering up a few parts. But here’s a couple pics.

View attachment 312593

View attachment 312594

View attachment 312595

View attachment 312596

View attachment 312597

View attachment 312598

View attachment 312599

View attachment 312600

View attachment 312601

View attachment 312602

View attachment 312603

View attachment 312604

Have no idea how to do what you do. But I sure do like your choice of RUGS.. Haha Go Hawks. I dig your jeep too.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Impressive. You have all these tools at home?

No, the lathe and press are at work. To my knowledge that lathe has only ever been used for personal projects. Lol

Have no idea how to do what you do. But I sure do like your choice of RUGS.. Haha Go Hawks. I dig your jeep too.

Go Hawks! And thanks.

Nice project.... looks great!! Can’t wait to see the finished product...!!

Well I don’t want to build the anticipation too much. It’s gonna happen pretty slowly. More or less just something to tinker with in my spare time. And with another baby on the way, I’ll have even less time. I think these will realistically be installed next winter. 🤷🏻*♂️

Top Bottom