15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Sure has been awhile since I’ve posted anything on this thread. As mentioned in previous posts, I decided not to install the 14 bolt and 60 and instead just enjoy what I have right now. Probably haven’t done much of anything worth really talking about, but I did finally tint the windows yesterday. Hope this will keep the cabin a little cooler this summer.

Before
IMG_7709.jpg

After
IMG_7711.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Sure has been awhile since I’ve posted anything on this thread. As mentioned in previous posts, I decided not to install the 14 bolt and 60 and instead just enjoy what I have right now. Probably haven’t done much of anything worth really talking about, but I did finally tint the windows yesterday. Hope this will keep the cabin a little cooler this summer.

Before
View attachment 349845

After
View attachment 349846

Looking into doing the same to mine. Which film did you go with? Which %?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
My Switch Pros faceplate has been slowly peeling off for sometime. I was just sticking it back down but it got progressively worse and just finally popped off in this heat completely with no stick left. I called up Switch Pros and they told me I could send it back in and they’d replace it free of charge. I told them I didn’t want to be without it and asked if they could just ship me a new faceplate and sticker set. Figured I was capable enough to put a sticker on myself. Did that today. They shipped me everything I needed including alcohol wipes, a clean cloth and 3 faceplates in case I screwed up the first two. Also included was a couple pieces of red scotch-brite as they want you to scuff up the clear plastic under the faceplate to help with adhesion of the new one. Although the newer faceplate is just flat and printed versus the old style that had little recesses for each of the buttons (more of a refined feel in my opinion), I was super happy with them taking care of the issue promptly and with no questions asked. Great customer service if you ask me. Great job SwitchPros.

IMG_7816.jpg

jorgelrod

Hooked
Love your rig, do you mind posting a pic of the front of your fenders? I'm looking at cutting mine on the weekend, but still undecided on how I want to cut the front of the front fender, whether flat or angled towards the grill...

jdofmemi

My Switch Pros faceplate has been slowly peeling off for sometime. I was just sticking it back down but it got progressively worse and just finally popped off in this heat completely with no stick left. I called up Switch Pros and they told me I could send it back in and they’d replace it free of charge. I told them I didn’t want to be without it and asked if they could just ship me a new faceplate and sticker set. Figured I was capable enough to put a sticker on myself. Did that today. They shipped me everything I needed including alcohol wipes, a clean cloth and 3 faceplates in case I screwed up the first two. Also included was a couple pieces of red scotch-brite as they want you to scuff up the clear plastic under the faceplate to help with adhesion of the new one. Although the newer faceplate is just flat and printed versus the old style that had little recesses for each of the buttons (more of a refined feel in my opinion), I was super happy with them taking care of the issue promptly and with no questions asked. Great customer service if you ask me. Great job SwitchPros.

View attachment 350530

Great to hear they took care of you like that.

Makes me glad that's the system I bought. Now to get time to put it in.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Love your rig, do you mind posting a pic of the front of your fenders? I'm looking at cutting mine on the weekend, but still undecided on how I want to cut the front of the front fender, whether flat or angled towards the grill...

Thanks. Here are a couple pics per your request. Let me know if need need any other detail.

IMG_7824.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I heard the other day on the radio 4 is open until after alpine lake. Better than nothing.
I check in on the base cam at Bear Valley to get an idea of how much snow there is up there. Still looks like a fair amount. Too much to run Slick Rock or Deer Valley anyways. With this warm spell it should speed things up a bit though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I check in on the base cam at Bear Valley to get an idea of how much snow there is up there. Still looks like a fair amount. Too much to run Slick Rock or Deer Valley anyways. With this warm spell it should speed things up a bit though.
Nice! I haven’t thought to check that

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I’ve been running the GM 1 ton tie rod ends for quite awhile now but seem to be wearing the joints out way too quick. Think it’s contributing to my death wobble issues. So I’m going to give these 7/8 heims I got from Artec a try. Hoping the last and don’t get too loud on me. Unfortunately they aren’t the same thread pitch so I had to get new tube adapters. Should be able to just cut off the old ones and weld these in.
297B067E-CE21-480C-97E4-159AB90D8A58.jpeg

Top Bottom