Texas School Shooting Today

ChiliDawg

Ok, I’ll dumb it down for you. What is your plan for preventing the next school shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Restricted status on semi-automatic weapons requiring a special license to purchase and limitations of ownership (full FBI background check, waiting period, ATF registry). Liability for gun owners who do not properly secure their weapons resulting in loss of life. Allow the CDC to gather data on gun violence. Ban the NRA and all other corporate lobbyists from paying politicians and blocking legislation. There's quite a lot we could do.

jagrubb99

Restricted status on semi-automatic weapons requiring a special license to purchase and limitations of ownership (full FBI background check, waiting period, ATF registry). Liability for gun owners who do not properly secure their weapons resulting in loss of life. Allow the CDC to gather data on gun violence. Ban the NRA and all other corporate lobbyists from paying politicians and blocking legislation. There's quite a lot we could do.

Semi-automatic weapons? Nearly every modern firearm is semi-automatic. Not realistic whatsoever.

Also, punishments for people who don't secure their weapons would only address things AFTER a shooting or illegal act has occured. Does nothing to prevent access to people who shouldn't have them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

Lol. Not in my house it's not. "Punish everyone for the actions of a few" is moronic policy and does nothing to pinpoint the real issue.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using WAYALIFE mobile app

The real issue is too many guns in the hands of people who aren't responsible enough to own them. The real issue is gun culture and the notion that guns are toys, not weapons. The real issue is the one that creates dumbasses like that one woman who made herself a pro-2A social media star by showing off her "toys" and shooting them, who was found on the side of the road in her truck after being shot through the chest by her three year old in the back seat.

America is full of idiots who can't handle weapons.

JAGS

Hooked
There is more security to get into beber concert, amusement park or county fair then to get into a school campus. Is it fair to talk about that or are we infringing on right to privacy?

Brute

Hooked
There is more security to get into beber concert, amusement park or county fair then to get into a school campus. Is it fair to talk about that or are we infringing on right to privacy?

I think we will have no choice but to have a much larger presence of trained, armed security detail on all schools and college campuses...while we can't even pay for basic school supplies...

Perhaps we should divert the billions that someone wants to use to pay for a useless border wall to fund school security...

Top Bottom