Roll Cages Rock Hard 4x4 or Poison Spyder?

bhaner

I’ve looked at this several times but not at what I lose with a b-Pilar chop. Full doors, hard top, soft top, etc... I agree in that I’m not worried about the nominal roll over but more the stupid shit like rolling backwards down something like escalator.

What are you going to loose? It still works with hard top, soft top, full doors, half doors, soft doors, no doors.

It also works with the sound bar.

The "B" pillar chop just makes it removable. You can reinstall it and everything works like before the chop.

bpillar-rubber-1200__48507.1500053027.1280.1280.jpg

bpillar-removed-1200__52083.1500053017.1280.1280.jpg

GCR-8700-Installed-3-1200__72217.1479846735.1280.1280.jpg

GRC-8700-Installed-2-1200__09889.1479845611.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just my $0.02...

I have the EVO cage. It is a well built bolt in option... Great visibility due to the way the under windshield cross bar is made.

That being said... I will most likely move to a full weld in option like the Genright full cage in the not to distant future.

I do enough dumb stuff that I think it will be a better option. I don't trust the way the Evo and others tie into the factory windshield bars.

I also like the "B" pillar chop option. There are a few spots that I would like to go that may require removing/folding down the windshield and using the cage as an anti-rollover device.

Just something to think about. There are more involved options that may fit what you want to do better than a bolt in cage.

I wish I had just gone with the Genright from the start.

If you end up going the Genright way, I’d be happy to buy your EVO cage off you [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

What are you going to loose? It still works with hard top, soft top, full doors, half doors, soft doors, no doors.

It also works with the sound bar.

The "B" pillar chop just makes it removable. You can reinstall it and everything works like before the chop.

View attachment 352379

View attachment 352376

View attachment 352377

View attachment 352378
I spent some time looking into their cage last night and a install video. I agree it's the best cage out there but I don't know if I want to go that far as a chopping off my b-pillars just yet. I love GenRight and what they have to offer except for the price points!

The price points between RH and PS are pretty close so will most likely go that route.

Looks like you might have sold the Evo without even trying!

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Inside
View attachment 352374
And underneath
View attachment 352375
The yellow line is the frame and the red dot is where the bolt would be. In hindsite it would have been easier to drill through the next layer and use the longer bolts here instead of trying to get that nut up inside that channel. That was a pain in the dick

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah I'm very aware of what you're talking about, it was a pain in the ass getting those bolts installed on my buddies Poison Spyder cage. He hasn't said anything to me about it making noise only that it was moving independently of the body and he was looking for a way to fix that and secure the window more.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I spent some time looking into their cage last night and a install video. I agree it's the best cage out there but I don't know if I want to go that far as a chopping off my b-pillars just yet. I love GenRight and what they have to offer except for the price points!

The price points between RH and PS are pretty close so will most likely go that route.

Looks like you might have sold the Evo without even trying!

You have to be quick on here 🤣🤣🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nickbarkey6

I originally went with RH cage and hated the fitment also. Taps were super annoying so gutted it and went with Genright and bpillar chop and love it. Took a weekend everything fit perfectly 60278667305__7E298FE8-F333-4613-8CA0-69313AF06A72.jpg IMG_4742.jpg IMG_4410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - I just gotta say, all this talk about cages and floor mounts and safety, really cracks me up. I mean, I'd be willing to bet that MOST of you have never even seen a roll over in person let alone a flop. I am by no means trying to suggest that having a cage is a bad thing but you're kidding yourself if you really believe that the factory roll bar won't hold up pretty well all on its own. ANYTHING you add to it will only help it that much more. Unless you're going to race your Jeep as in, HIGH SPEED Ultra 4 or otherwise, you really don't need floor mounts, frame mounts or all that other shit. Of course, if you just want all that other shit because it looks cool or so that you can tell people how what you chose to buy is so much better, well, there's that. :crazyeyes:

Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so, what would I know.

I’ll go so far as to add your just adding additional impacts and danger spots if or when you roll your Jeep. I also find it hilarious when I see full cages installed yet factory seats and seat belts are still in place.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll go so far as to add your just adding additional impacts and danger spots if or when you roll your Jeep. I also find it hilarious when I see full cages installed yet factory seats and seat belts are still in place.

:cheesy: I know, that shit cracks me up. I mean, if you're gonna play the part of badass wheeler, the least you can do is install a set of racing seats with 5-point harnesses.

As far as additional impact points go, that's no joke. If you're not wearing a helmet, you're just giving yourself more places to injure yourself. I know most of the people on here are too young or too new to Jeeps to remember but back in the day, Smittybilt wasn't owned by 4WP. They used to make a sport cage and someone got killed when they hit their head on it. This put them out of business.

Top Bottom