Roll Cages Rock Hard 4x4 or Poison Spyder?

MericaMade

The EVO cage was pretty nice, too bad they don't offer it anymore. Having said that, the RH is pretty nice too. I like how it matches the factory round bars and dia.
Not tying into the floor isn't a big to me because IMO these bars are peace of mind for a slow roll or tipover situation so bolting to the floor wasn't a must. I think the only
knock on the PS cage is it can be squeaky unless you tie it into the windshield frame. JKBrick just did a PS cage - maybe Mark can chime in.

Ok the noise would be a big issue for me. I wonder if he welded it in? Does your cage move independently from the body at all?

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Ok the noise would be a big issue for me. I wonder if he welded it in? Does your cage move independently from the body at all?

The PS cage looks great once it is in, the welding was not a huge deal and I actually had a bar welded in above the back seat for Em. The hardest part was getting it bolted to the floor
IMG_6198.jpg
IMG_5867.jpg
There are probably a lot of pics in my thread but you would have to endure all the nonsense you won’t care about to find them! I use Wayalife as my “Facebook” since all my friends are here

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Personally, I have the RH cage and would not recommend it to anyone. The fitment is poor,
I have a 2012 and had to grind a lot of my dash corners away. And my doors had marks from the A-Pillar mounts, showing how bad it really fits.

Also, if you have a soft top, you’ll have to grind a ton of a plastic away to get the brackets up top to work. I grinded some away but after seeing how much I would have to in order to get it to fit, I opted against this. I’m sure Bestop would not recommend grinding all that away. So it is technically not fully installed because of this.

And good thing they ship it with a tap, because when I did the test fit (which was a PIA) half of the bolts did not thread right. I’ve never had to rethread something I paid $700 for. And still needed to be powder coated.

And then I feel like an idiot when my buddy bought shittbilt and his fit WAY better, requiring NO threads to be tapped. It was packaged nicely and powder coated. He doesn’t have a soft top, so can’t comment on that part.

In conclusion, I would NOT recommend RH Sport Cage to anyone...especially if you have a bestop soft top.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

i'm with you. i really, really regret buying it. top 3 worst purchases.

MericaMade

The PS cage looks great once it is in, the welding was not a huge deal and I actually had a bar welded in above the back seat for Em. The hardest part was getting it bolted to the floor
View attachment 352349
View attachment 352350
There are probably a lot of pics in my thread but you would have to endure all the nonsense you won’t care about to find them! I use Wayalife as my “Facebook” since all my friends are here

Did you weld the cage to the factory plates at the A pillar or B pillar?

Also dose the cage move independently from the body at all?

Last edited:

MericaMade

I took those plates off the factory bar and bolted them to the windshield then had them welded. Then the cage bolts to the factory cage. No squeaks or movement at all.

Thanks my buddy is looking to do the same. I figured one of you had experience with this cage and would give some good insight. I apprentice the help and will pass it on to him.

JKbrick

Thanks my buddy is looking to do the same. I figured one of you had experience with this cage and would give some good insight. I apprentice the help and will pass it on to him.

Bubbas friend, I think it was Critter maybe, told me not to bolt the inside bolts to the floor or the bolts will hit the frame and squeak, so I didn’t. I’ll take pics after work for you

bhaner

Just my $0.02...

I have the EVO cage. It is a well built bolt in option... Great visibility due to the way the under windshield cross bar is made.

That being said... I will most likely move to a full weld in option like the Genright full cage in the not to distant future.

I do enough dumb stuff that I think it will be a better option. I don't trust the way the Evo and others tie into the factory windshield bars.

I also like the "B" pillar chop option. There are a few spots that I would like to go that may require removing/folding down the windshield and using the cage as an anti-rollover device.

Just something to think about. There are more involved options that may fit what you want to do better than a bolt in cage.

I wish I had just gone with the Genright from the start.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Just my $0.02...

I have the EVO cage. It is a well built bolt in option... Great visibility due to the way the under windshield cross bar is made.

That being said... I will most likely move to a full weld in option like the Genright full cage in the not to distant future.

I do enough dumb stuff that I think it will be a better option. I don't trust the way the Evo and others tie into the factory windshield bars.

I also like the "B" pillar chop option. There are a few spots that I would like to go that may require removing/folding down the windshield and using the cage as an anti-rollover device.

Just something to think about. There are more involved options that may fit what you want to do better than a bolt in cage.

I wish I had just gone with the Genright from the start.

I’ve looked at this several times but not at what I lose with a b-Pilar chop. Full doors, hard top, soft top, etc... I agree in that I’m not worried about the nominal roll over but more the stupid shit like rolling backwards down something like escalator.

Top Bottom