Rausch Creek Trip 12-14

nbruno

Sounds good Ed, got you down for both frosty nights.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbruno

What's going on Mike? I can't believe youre not gonna make it this time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

nbruno

I'm guessing that will be the case. I'm thinking of bringing a propane heater.

nbruno

They work awesome, we use them in the blind in the duck boat and one keeps the whole boat warm.

David1tontj

Here we go...

View attachment 55989

In case anyone is interested.

I had one of those!!! Worked good.. Didn't keep the tent "warm" but it did take the sting off the cold.. Perfectly safe to use overnight.. It's demise was when I left it running in the tent for my girlfriend (wife now), and her friend, while me and my friend took off for an early morning ride... They didn't know it was on, so when they got up and came outside to the fire, the tent blew down and they didn't think it was a big deal.... Melted the crap out of my dad's tent, and all the melted tent material completely got inside and ruined the heater.. :(
To this day I still harass her about burning down my dad's tent!

Edit: I imagine it would work great in a smaller tent.. We were using it in a large 2 room tent

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

USMCJK

I had one of those!!! Worked good.. Didn't keep the tent "warm" but it did take the sting off the cold.. Perfectly safe to use overnight.. It's demise was when I left it running in the tent for my girlfriend (wife now), and her friend, while me and my friend took off for an early morning ride... They didn't know it was on, so when they got up and came outside to the fire, the tent blew down and they didn't think it was a big deal.... Melted the crap out of my dad's tent, and all the melted tent material completely got inside and ruined the heater.. :(
To this day I still harass her about burning down my dad's tent!

Edit: I imagine it would work great in a smaller tent.. We were using it in a large 2 room tent

Good to know. I'm using it in a 2-4 person tent. So, it should work really well. Figured it can't hurt to have "backup" heat..!

David1tontj

Good to know. I'm using it in a 2-4 person tent. So, it should work really well. Figured it can't hurt to have "backup" heat..!

My dad has a slightly bigger one, and it runs out of propane at about 3-4am every stinking time!! Right when you need it the most!! If I remember correctly, my little one lasted all night on one can. Definitely make sure it's a new can every night tho... You just can't chance it on things like getting cold!

USMCJK

My dad has a slightly bigger one, and it runs out of propane at about 3-4am every stinking time!! Right when you need it the most!! If I remember correctly, my little one lasted all night on one can. Definitely make sure it's a new can every night tho... You just can't chance it on things like getting cold!

Lol. That would suck..!! This one runs from 13 to 14 hrs in one tank. It's got really good ratings, so I think I will be good getting this one. How long ago did u have yours? This might be a newer model.

concarne

I can't commit to this one yet, but I'm up for some mild heckling for this thread. I got to make some upgrades before I come out again. I got pretty scrapped up this past time.

Top Bottom