JK Rear Cargo Storage Solution

SFNick

WTF ?
How the hell would you even get that job box in the backseat ???
Crane ?
and then once its in, how would you access it ? stand on the deck to open it ?

Lol...... I had to take the roll cage apart to get it in there. It was great for keeping things dry & secure but I removed it last winter for obvious reasons...... & you are correct I would stand on the Aires Security Deck to Access it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431666053.289516.jpg

Spudcannons

Lol...... I had to take the roll cage apart to get it in there. It was great for keeping things dry & secure but I removed it last winter for obvious reasons...... & you are correct I would stand on the Aires Security Deck to Access it. View attachment 143152

I guess I could put the dog in the box? :thinking: Also is that a starbucks licence plate?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I just recently installed an ORV Stealth Shelf and absolutely love it! I keep my tools in one bag, parts in another, and recovery stuff in the third bag. It relocates the sub and it sounds MUCH better in the new location.

IMG_20150514_142424583.jpg

Here is what the bottom of the box looks like. (I was mid install)

IMG_20150405_133723343_HDR.jpg

I really like this. I might ditch my Tuffy lid and go with this. The fact that you can relocate the sub and gain more space is fantastic. I looked at the ARB drawer but also think it sits too high. This height still allows you to put items in the trunk without unzipping the trektop. Also fits a dog better.

TeamFaust

I just recently installed an ORV Stealth Shelf and absolutely love it! I keep my tools in one bag, parts in another, and recovery stuff in the third bag. It relocates the sub and it sounds MUCH better in the new location.

Maybe I missed it, but where did you relocate the sub to, pics?

Revised -- I see now, look like the sub is in a new space integrated into the bottom of the deck, yes?

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It will not interfere. We tested it before the final install of the shelf and it fits perfectly.

I was going to ask the same question. Great to know, thanks. Here are a couple of more questions. Assuming you have a 2015 with the sub already in the floor, do you think the ARB twin would fit in the middle space of the shelf where you would otherwise mount the sub? Any chance you have dimensions of the sub box on the bottom of the stealth shelf?

Maybe I missed it, but where did you relocate the sub to, pics?

Revised -- I see now, look like the sub is in a new space integrated into the bottom of the deck, yes?

Yes

I was going to ask the same question. Great to know, thanks. Here are a couple of more questions. Assuming you have a 2015 with the sub already in the floor, do you think the ARB twin would fit in the middle space of the shelf where you would otherwise mount the sub? Any chance you have dimensions of the sub box on the bottom of the stealth shelf?

I think it might go there pretty easily. I'm not sure on the exact dimensions, but I can get some rough ones here in a bit.

I think the sub box on the ORV is closed and might not give adequate air flow to the compressor. Just thinking out load.

I think the sub box on the ORV is closed and might not give adequate air flow to the compressor. Just thinking out load.

It is closed when a speaker is in, but the speaker hole would be open and the front could be left off and/or the rear modified easily.

Eugene the Jeep

JK Unlimited Storage Options

I built one of these and it works great for storage and when it's let's my dog have the back area with the seat down.

Last edited by a moderator:

OJK12

You might want to remove the link to the other forum and just post up pics because that is against the rules here, but looks good.

Top Bottom