JK Rear Cargo Storage Solution

Those look freaking awesome. I may have to look into those!

Thanks!

The one thing I would like to add is some triangulation between the sides. I'm having trouble with the compromises of space and seat use though. I may try something this winter when I get cabin fever....

These do seem to address the overly large run from the b-pillar to the rear though.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
As I mentioned... I tested but hadn't installed my C-Pillars yet. I finally did this weekend and you can see it works just fine.

GwQ1bt3_zdh_8544S_jnRFunDS-dc4w39cUm37daYzY=w350-h621-no
nvbgruT1zbrFZuN-h_Q67gUOq64PvZd9yHdb3kIuGoc=w350-h621-no

Like the looks of those as well. I was looking on their website yesterday and they dont have any installed pics. So thanks for the pics. LOL.

BigPrince

Like the looks of those as well. I was looking on their website yesterday and they dont have any installed pics. So thanks for the pics. LOL.

I'm happy with mine as well - just a tip though, watch out if you use a soft top. The soft top when retracted can scratch up that added c-pillar. I'm looking to add some sort of foam or something to it that might handle the soft top hitting it better.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Anybody else? I was looking at the springtail side racks. Currently I have two nylon zip opening tool bags under the rear seat. One with tools, the other is recovery gear. Then jumper cables. Front seats hide the tow straps. I have no place to put my 6" drop hitch, it's currently on the floor and is a death trap. I wouldn't mind having a better rear mounted solution for recovery gear. I'm tempted to put it all in a rubbermaid action packer and strap it down, but that kills half my rear cargo floor.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I just discovered "dirt bagz" saddle bags for the rear. That might be just the solution I need. They are held in by two of the hard top bolts. Then maybe a springtail tail gate with the quick grip rubber things to hold my drop hitch.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Boom. Used Sharkey's idea and included some LED lighting.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459895696.709078.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459895710.067729.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459895727.002305.jpg

I should have my writeup done in a week or so.

geberhard

Douchebag
I dig the storage under the jeep, however requires relocating your exhaust and chopping your trunk floor area, so not for the faint of heart. Also there are ammo box storages setups over the wheel well ideas that are great and use well that dead space.

TX_REDRUBICON

springtail rack

I built a shelf like Sharkeys and bought the Springtail Solutions rack. We go camping a lot so the extra bags and the shelf come in handy. It was really straight forward to assemble, just be careful with the plungers and don't over-tighten them. DSC00028.jpg DSC00029.jpg

HardrockerJK

I just discovered "dirt bagz" saddle bags for the rear. That might be just the solution I need. They are held in by two of the hard top bolts. Then maybe a springtail tail gate with the quick grip rubber things to hold my drop hitch.
Did you end up getting the Dirt Bagz saddle bags? I have been looking at those as a convenient (albeit expensive) method of storage for a difficult to use space.

However I am concerned with the fitment after installing the JK rear seat recline kit...

Blackhawkip

I'm running the Springtail racks, FrontRunner JK slide, and FrontRunner Cargo rack. Wouldn't do anything different, turned out better than hoped. Also just picked up the JK Trailgater w/bamboo cutting board. My JKU is intended for overlanding/expedition/camping so space is a premium.

IMG_0077.JPG IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0080.JPG

zimm

Caught the Bug
Did you end up getting the Dirt Bagz saddle bags? I have been looking at those as a convenient (albeit expensive) method of storage for a difficult to use space.

However I am concerned with the fitment after installing the JK rear seat recline kit...

I've been running the dirtbagz for a year now and they're very good quality and hold a lot of stuff. They're not ideal for really heavy stuff though. My hitch stinger is solid and heavy and I have tools in the other one. I actually ordered the springtail racks. I have the springtail gate and it's really nice, but it's not made to hold a lot of weight and with my ARB fridge in place I can't use molle bags on the left side of the rack. The dirtbags are best for jumper cables, recovery gear, etc.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Anybody else? I was looking at the springtail side racks. Currently I have two nylon zip opening tool bags under the rear seat. One with tools, the other is recovery gear. Then jumper cables. Front seats hide the tow straps. I have no place to put my 6" drop hitch, it's currently on the floor and is a death trap. I wouldn't mind having a better rear mounted solution for recovery gear. I'm tempted to put it all in a rubbermaid action packer and strap it down, but that kills half my rear cargo floor.

I just got the Springtail side rack (driver's side) in anticipation of mounting my ARB compressor to the side. I've decided to go a different route there, but the mount is solid. I may use it to mount some Rotopax to and use the top storage area for an ammo can to hold air hoses and other miscellaneous tools. I waited until they ran a 10% off sale, but that really only covered shipping. They are pricey, but the quality can't be beat.

Top Bottom