6.4-liter V-8 JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 - How much would you be willing to spend?

pop2tu

It says full time 2 speed Transfer case, so no burn out videos! I guess that is how they will help to mitigate axle damage.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately if it does happen, I would expect no more or probably less towing capacity due to cooling capacity during towing stress testing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’re probably right. Sounds like that’s the issue with the diesel option.

Is it just not enough space for a big enough radiator and fan?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
You’re probably right. Sounds like that’s the issue with the diesel option.

Is it just not enough space for a big enough radiator and fan?

Space in the engine compartment of any JK/JL is tight. The size difference between the largest radiator you can fit without cutting the firewall in a wrangler vs what comes from the factory in every 5.7 hemi ram 1500 is still not even close.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

loonies

I could see them pricing it around the 70-75k mark

I was going to say the same. I see the Grand Cherokee SRT8 starts at $68,895. I think they would sell, but it is more than I would be willing to spend

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

Wouldn’t a nice v8 hemi but not a SRT or a 6.4 be more practical and not have to cost as much? Maybe not as many problems overheating and other issues too? Seems like you would still have more hp and torque and it would sound better than a v6

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I personally think the 5.7 my Ram has would be plenty in a Wrangler, but I’m very intrigued.

Exodus 4x4

from Road & Track "...The company has apparently produced 30 V-8 Wrangler prototypes at the Toledo, Ohio Wrangler plant—something our source says would not happen for a one-off concept. .."

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...8-jeep-wrangler-392-is-headed-for-production/

This is accurate, but could and most likely is for the J9. To my knowledge the J9 will only be available in the industrial market. Not trying to rain on the parade either, but rather offer the most logical explanation.

Now if a few show up to KOH this year to race, I don’t have an explanation to that...

Tincup

Just when I am starting to look for a new Jeep for my wife they announce this. Guess I will have to wait and see the final details (price) before getting a new Jeep.

But man the v8 does look great with the half doors. Like many have said worried about the Dana44’s though.

So Jeep please don’t make the wait to long if it’s really true.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Oh please, oh please!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Too much media hype so you know it’s coming! I agree. I’m a couple years out we’ll see if my Hydro gets sent to Holly Michigan for a transplant or gets traded in. Lol

wjtstudios

Hooked
Too much media hype so you know it’s coming! I agree. I’m a couple years out we’ll see if my Hydro gets sent to Holly Michigan for a transplant or gets traded in. Lol

Mine would get a transplant before ever getting traded in. Too many memories in that one. I will need another work truck in about three years though [emoji848]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Mine would get a transplant before ever getting traded in. Too many memories in that one. I will need another work truck in about three years though [emoji848]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Lol. Mine is nowhere near the beast yours is. Lol so if I have to part ways so be it. Lol

Top Bottom