WOL Motorcycle Thread

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This guy hangs all 6 wheels of his lowboy trailer and half his rig tires out in space on an inside turn on a mountain road, but says riding quads and bikes is dangerous? :thinking:

Lol, riding bikes in the snow sounds like such a cool idea but it sucks balls. All we got done was pushing the damn things half the time & then getting disgusted & quitting.
Of course, this was repeated yearly just in case we were doing it wrong the previous year!

I was in New York a couple months after 911 and met a motorcycle cop. He was riding the snow, heated coats, pants etc.

Dude had some balls to be riding in that shit in the City.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I used to ride in the snow too, didn’t work here either!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did it once. Never again. Back in college days had to get my fzr600 back in storage for winter. Only day I had off work in weeks. Hour and a half highway ride and it started blizzarding. Besides the obvious cold the constant keeping the bike perfectly up right to not step out of perfect weight distribution or accidental blip of the throttle. That one was not a fun ride.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Did it once. Never again. Back in college days had to get my fzr600 back in storage for winter. Only day I had off work in weeks. Hour and a half highway ride and it started blizzarding. Besides the obvious cold the constant keeping the bike perfectly up right to not step out of perfect weight distribution or accidental blip of the throttle. That one was not a fun ride.

I rode in light snow and minor patchy ice but the worst I've ridden in was hail. The hail was massive and incredibly painful [emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Oh for sure. I’ve ridden in forest Gump rain, those big fat drops at 80mph smacking your face shield pushes your head back with a solid thwack, can only imagine hail.

Lol, I bet it hurt cause I sure as hell wasn’t water skiing at 80mph [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Winds can be a real issue also. I once could not keep a constant speed on the highway bucking a headwind. Wind was so strong it actually bent the windshield of my Electra glide where it was just inches from my face as I was actually loosing speed on flat ground. A lot of work keeping it upright with a lot of turbulence going on.

Slimebones

Another white knuckle experience, go 70 mph passing a car on a two lane highway with an oncoming vehicle approaching quickly in the opposing lane. My Shovelhead is loaded down with my wife, two sleeping bags, tent, saddlebags full. As I am side by side with the turd th at I am passing, getting ready to get back into my lane around him, my rear tire decides to blow! Rear end of bike starts to whip back and forth, side by side rapidly. Somehow I managed to muscle it over to the right shoulder of the road as the car I had just passed merrily went on his way, having seen the whole event transpire right in front of him! That guy didn't seem to be too concerned about a near death occurance. I was SPENT.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Another white knuckle experience, go 70 mph passing a car on a two lane highway with an oncoming vehicle approaching quickly in the opposing lane. My Shovelhead is loaded down with my wife, two sleeping bags, tent, saddlebags full. As I am side by side with the turd th at I am passing, getting ready to get back into my lane around him, my rear tire decides to blow! Rear end of bike starts to whip back and forth, side by side rapidly. Somehow I managed to muscle it over to the right shoulder of the road as the car I had just passed merrily went on his way, having seen the whole event transpire right in front of him! That guy didn't seem to be too concerned about a near death occurance. I was SPENT.

Yeah that sounds terrifying!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Would this be the production version of the bikes they built for Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman’s Long Way Up series?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

No, they were riding the live wire, electric bike.
The Pan America is a a whole different bike. It’s gas..

wjtstudios

Hooked
No, they were riding the live wire, electric bike.
The Pan America is a a whole different bike. It’s gas..

Would this be the production version of the bikes they built for Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman’s Long Way Up series?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Just watch that series. Definitely have more respect for McGregor after seeing what he did in those three runs.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just watch that series. Definitely have more respect for McGregor after seeing what he did in those three runs.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I went to watch the first two again, where did you see them? Prime?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Very nice! Plan on some road trips?

Yeah, I love Jeeping, but I like touring on two wheels. We have some super pretty roads through Yosemite and the Sierras. Not to mention Highway 1.

Top Bottom