WOL Motorcycle Thread

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I currently have a Triumph Daytona 955i with way more balls than I. The bike screams like a scalded ape. I've hit 145mph on her. A crazy friend of mine had her up to 166 with about 1500 rpm's left before redline. Now that I'm married I've found I don't have the risk aversion I used to. The jeep is 90% the same experience and safer. And sport bike's riding posture kills my back. I'm planning to sell the 955i next spring and either find a dual sport or a well priced touring bike. Or maybe a Ural, they don't go fast but could be fun for some weekend adventures.

I’m debating on a dual sport (pan America) or a street glide.

There’s just so much more to national parks I can hit on a pan hard than a street glide.

But I love riding a full dresser..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks. On warmer days yeah. I've got to get some windproof gear so its bearable. Lol, buying a bike in December isn't the best time of year but eh, I can get some seat time in.

Midlife crisis I guess [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Slimebones

I’m debating on a dual sport (pan America) or a street glide.

There’s just so much more to national parks I can hit on a pan hard than a street glide.

But I love riding a full dresser..

They both have their merits for sure. But there is nothing to compare to the exhilarating feeling of being out on an open road with no one else in sight. Just open road. No cage around you. A doctor can not order up anything to match that feeling!

jdofmemi

I sold my bikes years ago.

I realized that I don't have enough self control to keep riding at an age where I don't bounce as well as I used to.

If I started riding again, I'm sure a doctor's visit would follow, and I don't look good in plaster.

Slimebones

I sold my bikes years ago.

I realized that I don't have enough self control to keep riding at an age where I don't bounce as well as I used to.

If I started riding again, I'm sure a doctor's visit would follow, and I don't look good in plaster.
Bikes were a way of life for me for 42 years, worked for various Harley dealerships for 27 of those years. Gradually switched over to the Jeep way of life and never looked back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Growing up, my motto when riding was if I hadn't wrecked it, I hadn't rode it hard enough yet.

As you age, that leads to problems.

A few years ago, I tried a quad I got from a friend. Soon found myself pushing my limits harder and harder. It had to go too.

I have decided the new improved motto. With age comes a cage.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Growing up, my motto when riding was if I hadn't wrecked it, I hadn't rode it hard enough yet.

A few years ago, I tried a quad I got from a friend. Soon found myself pushing my limits harder and harder. It had to go too.

The ground seems to get harder, the older you become.

MericaMade

I'm just gonna put it out there. Since we cant get a burnout from Brute can we get one of you on the new motorcycle?:yup:

That's for Ddays!

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked

This guy hangs all 6 wheels of his lowboy trailer and half his rig tires out in space on an inside turn on a mountain road, but says riding quads and bikes is dangerous? :thinking:

Snow burnout👍👍

I remember riding my YZ 400 in the snow once.

It was challenging to say the least, and even more when the carb froze, with the throttle half open. The mile or so home was treacherous with no throttle control b

Lol, riding bikes in the snow sounds like such a cool idea but it sucks balls. All we got done was pushing the damn things half the time & then getting disgusted & quitting.
Of course, this was repeated yearly just in case we were doing it wrong the previous year!

JKbrick

This guy hangs all 6 wheels of his lowboy trailer and half his rig tires out in space on an inside turn on a mountain road, but says riding quads and bikes is dangerous? :thinking:

Lol, riding bikes in the snow sounds like such a cool idea but it sucks balls. All we got done was pushing the damn things half the time & then getting disgusted & quitting.
Of course, this was repeated yearly just in case we were doing it wrong the previous year!

I used to ride in the snow too, didn’t work here either!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom