WOL Motorcycle Thread

Ddays

Hooked
Finally decided to scratch the bike itch again. Started looking and doing research a month or so ago and ended up with this Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. Will be a blast for the back roads and single track trails.

Tiger.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Thats a cool bike, can you ride this time of year where you live?

Thanks. On warmer days yeah. I've got to get some windproof gear so its bearable. Lol, buying a bike in December isn't the best time of year but eh, I can get some seat time in.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Anyone else check out the Pan America ? It’s set to release early next year. IMG_0605.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone else check out the Pan America ? It’s set to release early next year. View attachment 356696

That's a badass bike. The V-twin will do great offroad being such a thumper.

There are so many great bikes in the dual-sport/adventure bike class. It was really hard to narrow down the choice. I almost bit on a Honda Africa Twin but the dual clutch (auto) tranny I wasn't so sure about. Shifting gears is half the fun of riding.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Finally decided to scratch the bike itch again. Started looking and doing research a month or so ago and ended up with this Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. Will be a blast for the back roads and single track trails.

View attachment 356692

You’re going to fall off of that thing and break a hip.

FFPulley77

Hooked
Damnit!! You guys are making me miss my BMW F800... the better half is gonna be pissed if I start looking at bikes again!

Ddays

Hooked
You’re going to fall off of that thing and break a hip.

Hahaha! Well I started off looking at this KTM 500 in the fall but realized what I would do with something like that and reconsidered. :crazyeyes:

PHO_BIKE_90_RE_500-EXC-F-MY21-US_#SALL_#AEPI_#V1.jpg

MericaMade

Hahaha! Well I started off looking at this KTM 500 in the fall but realized what I would do with something like that and reconsidered. :crazyeyes:

View attachment 356700

I had a 2014 KTM500 and absolutely loved that bike. Hands down the best bike I ever owned. The group I road with slowly started moving into Jeeps so I sold it for the down payment on my jeep. I do miss that bike and was a hell of a lot less expensive then jeeping LOL,

Ddays

Hooked
I had a 2014 KTM500 and absolutely loved that bike. Hands down the best bike I ever owned. The group I road with slowly started moving into Jeeps so I sold it for the down payment on my jeep. I do miss that bike and was a hell of a lot less expensive then jeeping LOL,

I grew up riding dirt bikes and riding motorcross so if I had a bike like that again I know damn well what I'd do. With the Triumph I can still get off the road but not go crazy with the stunts.
It's definitely not as expensive as Jeep stuff but if you can't leave well enough alone with anything mechanical like most of us here, it's easy to get carried away with these too. Lol, I already ordered better tires
for offroad and other extra shit :crazyeyes:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Nice bike Jerry, I was also considering something in the future, a dual purpose type.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I currently have a Triumph Daytona 955i with way more balls than I. The bike screams like a scalded ape. I've hit 145mph on her. A crazy friend of mine had her up to 166 with about 1500 rpm's left before redline. Now that I'm married I've found I don't have the risk aversion I used to. The jeep is 90% the same experience and safer. And sport bike's riding posture kills my back. I'm planning to sell the 955i next spring and either find a dual sport or a well priced touring bike. Or maybe a Ural, they don't go fast but could be fun for some weekend adventures.

Top Bottom