WOL Motorcycle Thread

Rodeo_jk

Hell mine cruises at around 6500 to 7k im sure they cant be much worse, either way, something in the 650 two cylinder class sounds like a good fit for you

relayer4u

Being that you are man sized, all of the bikes that interest you will very likely be too softly sprung for your weight and will work much better with some stiffer springs in the front and a shock upgrade in the back.

That being said and with you being fresh to the sport I would suggest something like a Kawasaki KLR 650. Big enough for your size, enough power for the freeway, front brakes that won't dump you the first time you have to panic stop and you can take it in the dirt to get a feel for what its like when you are loosing traction at either end. You will drop it a few times in the beginning, but getting a feel for bad traction now will save your bacon for the rest of your riding career.

Welcome to the club of two wheels! :beer:

relayer4u

Waiting for my new bike to arrive at the dealer, getting one of these:

Triumph-Bonneville-Newchurch-2015-australia_zpszb6kc33x.jpg

Maybe too heavy for a first bike for you, maybe not! Not my first bike, but any new bike is an exciting time!

:rock:

07JKSahara

Good advice in this thread. I'll second staying away from the 600s as a first bike. They're quite unforgiving in the corners when you're inexperienced. Personally, if I were you the SV650 would be perfect and I love the looks.

Jeephooligan

I didn't read all the previous posts. But my two cents for a first bike would be an SV 650. The handling and throttle controls are very forgiving for a beginner. You can usually find them for around 3-4k. Parts for the SV 650 are pretty cheap for when you do drop.

This is my current bike and I love it ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437544729.531258.jpg

Bought my first motorcycle!

I bought my first motorcycle today! I just got into riding and just got my Florida motorcycle endorsement. I have a lot to learn but it's going to be awesome.

It's an 09 Harley 883 Sportster. Has custom pipes and a nice seat on it.

IMG_5667.jpg IMG_5668.jpg IMG_5669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you have one locally, take the saftey class.....you learn a lot

I started riding in June of this year :thumb:

dchotrod

Congrats! I've got an '01 1200C. These are great bikes & a load of fun. Agree on the class. May help lower your insurance a hair as well!

Sent from my iPhone in a galaxy far far away.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the bike. Now you have 2 things to spend your extra money on. [emoji106]

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

Top Bottom