Wines of the Week

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If you’re able to find this locally, buy it! Inexpensive at $10 to $15, but drinks like $50+. Really digging Portuguese red’s lately.

5FE22D00-091A-4FD3-A3F3-A2DA7D12C5B2.jpeg

jesse3638

Hooked
Haven’t been posting up much here. I guess I keep forgetting. That said. Certainly no shortage of wine drinking. Last couple “wines of the week” worth.
The hook and crook cab is a pretty good one and great price at Costco. I have their red blend I've yet to try.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I remember going to Princeville when they were building it...it’s a beautiful place, and Kauai only had one traffic light back then in Lihue...
Needless to say that you didn’t live on Kauai. I remember that you have property on the Big Island. Did you live there as well before moving to the mainland?

Brute

Hooked
Needless to say that you didn’t live on Kauai. I remember that you have property on the Big Island. Did you live there as well before moving to the mainland?
I did not live on Kauai, but had friends that did...I spent a fair amount of time on the north shore, and backpacked the Na Pali coastline many years ago

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Brought a couple back from the islands. This pineapple wine is not as terrible as we thought it might be. Strong pineapple fragrance, but more like a sauvignon blanc with pineapple notes. My wife says “notes of rotten pineapple 😉.
F1F69A8E-D1C2-4E7E-A965-EE90719A47A9.jpeg

Brute

Hooked
Brought a couple back from the islands. This pineapple wine is not as terrible as we thought it might be. Strong pineapple fragrance, but more like a sauvignon blanc with pineapple notes. My wife says “notes of rotten pineapple 😉.
View attachment 364265
When I lived on Molokai for two years, some of the locals would make a fermented alcoholic juice from pineapples during the plantation heyday...they called it “swipe”, which I always thought was an unusual name...until I realized they weren’t buying the pineapples.,,

Top Bottom