Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

fiend

Caught the Bug
On the way down to Wall Street Canyon overlook at Calico, I discovered a new rock in the trail. 14A16386-C4EC-4E01-930C-7C641FB26C95.jpg 052EDC80-6EF1-404D-A27C-97E17A758C5C.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Been wanting to run it a while so was super happy to get with a group! Was the little guy of the bunch but made it through with a little "clearancing" of the gas tank skid and a winch in 1 spot (the ledge that is right about half way through was just to much for 2.5" lift and 37s... it's where the skid took the beating). Great way to spend the first day of spring!

View attachment 360715

Looks like a nice place to kickoff spring. Holy shit was that skid from this single trail?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Man I'm going nuts waiting for my doors.. Looks so good.:thumb: What rear dif skid are you running?

Once you go OE half doors you never go back. 🤟🏻

The diff skid is AEV. It’s taken some hits. Got if after I chewed up my driveshaft and had to get it rebuilt.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Once you go OE half doors you never go back. ����

The diff skid is AEV. It’s taken some hits. Got if after I chewed up my driveshaft and had to get it rebuilt.

HaHa I believe you...
Sold... Looks like a smooth design to slide over things.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
A friend with a winch hooked me up and pulled me backwards off the rock. We then repositioned the smaller rock and were able to drive over both and continue on.

Were you with the group I saw pulling out of the Shell around 9am on ghost town rd last Saturday?

Sent from my SM-G991U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Were you with the group I saw pulling out of the Shell around 9am on ghost town rd last Saturday?

Sent from my SM-G991U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was there around that time, along with several largish groups of 8-10 jeeps. I wasn’t with them. I rolled with only two other jeeps and we met at the trailhead around 9:30.

treys1

Looks like a nice place to kickoff spring. Holy shit was that skid from this single trail?

Was a great time! The skid had the regular action prior but all of the REALLY big dents are from one ledge right in the middle of the trail. 37's and 2.5" of lift just wasn't really enough and I tried a couple times before winching.

FFPulley77

Hooked
IMG_5194.jpg IMG_5191.jpg IMG_2742.jpg
Went out and got dirty yesterday in the Texas Hill County. Got a chance to check out my new lift in action and use the sway bar quick discos.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Mine took me to a RTI ramp where I learned that maximum recommended tire size is more of a “one size fits most” than a “one size fits all” application. The front flare definitely wouldn’t survive wheeling this combo.

229A58F6-4267-48C3-AFDA-62553990069F.jpg
IMG_3563.jpg IMG_3562.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom