Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

jdofmemi

Day 2 ) We left Trona over the Slate range via Fish Canyon Escape route to Panamint Valley, Goler Canyon, Lotus Mine, Barker ranch, Mengel Pass, the cabins, warm spring canyon to Death Valley. Camped just outside the south boundary of the DVNP at a place called Sheep Creek spring. View attachment 360188 View attachment 360189 View attachment 360190 View attachment 360191 View attachment 360192 View attachment 360193 View attachment 360194 View attachment 360195 View attachment 360196

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

What a great trip Dave! Cool you got to go do that.

I took Fish canyon once, then took a "shortcut" straight across the "dry" lake. I would not recommend that😱

Long day for sure, but definitely worth it.

We did steel bender & Flatpass yesterday, fixed a toyota diff all day Yesterday, Hells revenge tomorrow, Arches park (no wheeling) Friday, not sure about Saturday yet though, the two others in my group are planning on driving home Saturday but we have lodging until Sunday so.... Maybe i'll find something easy & close to the highway for Saturday.

ETA: Heres the diff from yesterday, a bolt most have backed out and chipped at the corner of every other ring bolt until five of them were almost totally backed out
View attachment 360240

I have seen that on my Toyota before, but one of the bolts went between the ring gear and the pinion as it bounced around inside. Not fun at all. It spread the bearing races so far I had to use a dremel (all that would fit) to open up the hole in the housing to even get the third member out. I quit trusting loctite, and insisted on adding the fold up retainer washers in the ring gear bolts, so it wouldn't happen again.

Same thing happened two times in Ford 10.5" Sterling rear ends.

There is a cool little trail I like to do at Arches...it’s not challenging in any way, but there is a hill that gives you a great view of the area, and practically no people. It starts at a parking lot at one of the trail heads/lookouts (sorry I can’t remember which one) and you have to open a cattle gate (and close it behind you)...and there is at least one more cattle gate...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is that the one that starts near the Delicate Arch viewing area? That's a good trip, and not hard at all.

CalSgt

Hooked
There is a cool little trail I like to do at Arches...it’s not challenging in any way, but there is a hill that gives you a great view of the area, and practically no people. It starts at a parking lot at one of the trail heads/lookouts (sorry I can’t remember which one) and you have to open a cattle gate (and close it behind you)...and there is at least one more cattle gate...

Is that the one that starts near the Delicate Arch viewing area? That's a good trip, and not hard at all.

I saw the green gate about a half mile down the road that exits delicate arch parking area but was unsure if I should take it so I continued looking around the park for a while. By the time I was sure that was the spot it started raining and time to head back to the rental to cook dinner. Next time I come through here I'm going to hit that one, and the one that has all of the warnings about high clearance with low range 4x4...

CalSgt

Hooked
Made a little trip up Kane Creek past Chicken Corners and through Lockhart Basin... It took $15 worth of quarters to knock the majority of mud off of this pig when I was done. I didn't get a picture of what it looked like when I got back but there was mud on the hood and top too...

Most of the scenery pictures didn't turn out, it was too dang foggy & wet

IMG_0566.JPEG

IMG_0565.JPEG

IMG_0564.JPEG

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
Made a little trip up Kane Creek past Chicken Corners and through Lockhart Basin... It took $15 worth of quarters to knock the majority of mud off of this pig when I was done. I didn't get a picture of what it looked like when I got back but there was mud on the hood and top too...

Most of the scenery pictures didn't turn out, it was too dang foggy & wet

View attachment 360349

View attachment 360350

View attachment 360351

Nice looks like a good time regardless of the mud!

Ddays

Hooked
Raccoon relocation this morning. Wife caught one in the barn. I had one as a pet back in high school. I'm soft. I can't bring myself to shoot these little guys.

raccoon.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Ha! That'd be one and done with one of those mean bastards. I got a GREAT badger campfire story from my dad for someday.....
Lol, saw this vid cruising around Youtube awhile ago. I'd probably been makin tracks before it got this close....

I had an encounter with a badger on the banks of the Blackfoot while fishing several years ago...apparently I got too close to his den, which I didn’t see which was high up near the river...fortunately I was wearing waders, so I gave him a wide berth...even if I wasn’t wearing waders, I may have gotten into the river anyway...he seemed perturbed (I’m just guessing, never met a badger before or since)

Ddays

Hooked
I had an encounter with a badger on the banks of the Blackfoot while fishing several years ago...apparently I got too close to his den, which I didn’t see which was high up near the river...fortunately I was wearing waders, so I gave him a wide berth...even if I wasn’t wearing waders, I may have gotten into the river anyway...he seemed perturbed (I’m just guessing, never met a badger before or since)

Haha, I think they're perpetually perturbed

JDDK

That thing is cute... Anything you forgot or will add to your load out for next time?
actually forgot my pillow and to fill my propane...dufus...but the 4 inch foam bed is so comfy. The trailer was everything I hoped for and more. Dropped into the twenties and was 60 inside. It tracks tight at 75mph and at 1200lbs pulled easily over everything.

Sent from my SM-N986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

treys1

Rocotillo Rapids in Las Cruces NM.

Been wanting to run it a while so was super happy to get with a group! Was the little guy of the bunch but made it through with a little "clearancing" of the gas tank skid and a winch in 1 spot (the ledge that is right about half way through was just to much for 2.5" lift and 37s... it's where the skid took the beating). Great way to spend the first day of spring!

PXL_20210320_193140396 (2).jpg
PXL_20210320_162414255 (3).jpg
PXL_20210320_165427959~2.jpg
PXL_20210320_183343740 (2).jpg
PXL_20210320_221422051.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom