Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

rubiDave

This past weekend I was able to get out and take a 3 day trip with an old friend. We started in the El Paso mountains, through Searles Valley, Panamint Valley and Death Valley and finally a long roll back through the Mojave desert ending at Calico. We logged just over 200 miles on dirt.

Day 1) Last Chance canyon, Holy Cleanser Mine, Burro Schmidt tunnel, Sheep spring petroglyphs, and Mormon gulch and ending at Trona Pinnacles to spend the night.
1.1.jpg 1.2.jpg 1.3.jpg 1.4.jpg 1.5.jpg 1.6.jpg View attachment 360186 1.8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

Day 2 ) We left Trona over the Slate range via Fish Canyon Escape route to Panamint Valley, Goler Canyon, Lotus Mine, Barker ranch, Mengel Pass, the cabins, warm spring canyon to Death Valley. Camped just outside the south boundary of the DVNP at a place called Sheep Creek spring. 2.1.jpg 2.2.jpg 2.3.jpg 2.4.jpg 2.5.jpg 2.6.jpg 2.8.jpg 2.9.jpeg 2.10.jpg

rubiDave

Day 3) Highway drive to Baker to refuel, then off road through Cronese dry lake and powerline roads to Calico. Once at Calico we did the Odessa-Duran loop and called it a weekend.

My buddy drove the shit out of his stock 2013 JKUR, he only needed a tug once on the big waterfall coming down Duran, and only damage was a few scuffs on the undercarriage and rear passenger fender. 3.1.jpg 3.2.jpg 3.3.jpg 3.4.jpg 3.5.jpeg 3.6.jpg 3.7.jpg 3.8.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks like a great adventure, Dave. I trust the gas station in Trona was open for you? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Day 3) Highway drive to Baker to refuel, then off road through Cronese dry lake and powerline roads to Calico. Once at Calico we did the Odessa-Duran loop and called it a weekend.

My buddy drove the shit out of his stock 2013 JKUR, he only needed a tug once on the big waterfall coming down Duran, and only damage was a few scuffs on the undercarriage and rear passenger fender. View attachment 360197 View attachment 360198 View attachment 360199 View attachment 360200 View attachment 360201 View attachment 360202 View attachment 360203 View attachment 360204

Nice way to string together a few cool trails over a few days! Let’s get out again and do some camping and wheeling soon

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked
Nice. Such a great trail. Nice video what other trails do you have planned?

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

We did steel bender & Flatpass yesterday, fixed a toyota diff all day Yesterday, Hells revenge tomorrow, Arches park (no wheeling) Friday, not sure about Saturday yet though, the two others in my group are planning on driving home Saturday but we have lodging until Sunday so.... Maybe i'll find something easy & close to the highway for Saturday.

ETA: Heres the diff from yesterday, a bolt most have backed out and chipped at the corner of every other ring bolt until five of them were almost totally backed out
IMG_5882.jpg

Last edited:

MericaMade

We did steel bender & Flatpass yesterday, fixed a toyota diff all day Yesterday, Hells revenge tomorrow, Arches park (no wheeling) Friday, not sure about Saturday yet though, the two others in my group are planning on driving home Saturday but we have lodging until Sunday so.... Maybe i'll find something easy & close to the highway for Saturday.

ETA: Heres the diff from yesterday, a bolt most have backed out and chipped at the corner of every other ring bolt until five of them were almost totally backed out
View attachment 360240
Hells is fun you will enjoy. You got to check out Cliff Hanger if you can.

Brute

Hooked

View attachment 360240

There is a cool little trail I like to do at Arches...it’s not challenging in any way, but there is a hill that gives you a great view of the area, and practically no people. It starts at a parking lot at one of the trail heads/lookouts (sorry I can’t remember which one) and you have to open a cattle gate (and close it behind you)...and there is at least one more cattle gate...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Hells is fun you will enjoy. You got to check out Cliff Hanger if you can.

It was fun, my freaked out wife & sister in law made it a little less enjoyable though. The wife said she would rather do rubicon six consecutive times than ever do that one again.

There is a cool little trail I like to do at Arches...it’s not challenging in any way, but there is a hill that gives you a great view of the area, and practically no people. It starts at a parking lot at one of the trail heads/lookouts (sorry I can’t remember which one) and you have to open a cattle gate (and close it behind you)...and there is at least one more cattle gate...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So many trails to choose from around here, I'm not dead set on the extreme challenging trails. Its starting to spit snow right now so wheeling may be done for the week.

Top Bottom